• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Xabi Alonso

Now this game is behind him, Xabi can talk about joining us. Announce quickly so both teams can get on without any more speculation.

Before today's match:
Bayern have lost just one of their last six Bundesliga games against league leaders (3W, 2D). These six matches also include the 2-1 win in Leverkusen in December 2020. Bayer, on the other hand, have never won against the runners-up in four attempts as league leaders (2D, 2L). Their opponents in these games were Bayern three times.

1.jpg

Last edited:
If he wins the league with Leverkusen surely his response to Bayern Munich would be..

"Bundesliga? Completed it mate!!"

G'wan Xabi Lad.

Waited for so long to post anything about Bayer winning the title, didnt want to jinx Bayer, have a soft corner for likes of Dortmund, Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach as I have lived very close these cities and had some friends back then who supported these clubs.

I still think there is a long way to go for Xabi and Bayer, but the current standing confirms that they there will be a sustained challenge from Bayer. Whether they will actually be able to edge it at the end, keeping my fingers crossed.

He did, but easily set aside I would imagine
How boring would managing Madrid be? A handful of CL and La Liga games each season. I would like to think that Xabi would be more interested in the challenge of the Premier League.

Alonso looks like he might turn out to be an even better manager than he was a player. Smallish sample size I know but fuck me his work at Leverkusen is impressive. Getting ready to revive the man crush I had on him first time around.

I think its clear, - we know that while at Liverpool, was he not also studying for a degree part-time or something ?, but if you look at that old clip of Jose being asked - he mentions Xabi, and it totally makes sense that he of all the players of his generation would be a manager of the highest quality, as a player he had to use his head in that midfield position because he lacked pace but was blessed with high quality passing ability and a cool and general awareness of those around him (yes I mean he was one of those players with a in-built radar system), the fact that he played under the management of the greatest coaches from 2000 onwards is invaluable - he carries their knowledge. Just imagine having a manager who has that combined knowledge of all of them ? - I mean the references he can use during his in-game management must be countless, and contrasting styles of those managers - OMG !!!!

Back
Top Bottom