• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Worst Liverpool XI of the last 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
Okay, so the opposite of the other thread...

I ask only that the players played a reasonable number of games, not 1 or 2 before never being seen again.

I'll give it a go...

Karius

Degen
Pellegrino
Lovren
Moreno

Poulsen
Lucas
Aquilani

Borini
Solanke
Jovanovic

That was tough, and some iconic names missed out.

Possibly a bit harsh on the likes of Moreno, Lovren and Lucas, but for their sheer longevity and consistent shitness, as well as their countless instances of fucking us over, they make the grade.

Aquilani is another contentious one as he had more talent than other people that missed out, but I fucking hated his wimpy yellow guts. Perhaps, though, he belongs in a "Biggest disappointments XI"... *Goes off to create another thread*

20yrs is hard, there's been some right old utter shit. I think yours might be last 10. I presume we're also going for player that played a decent amount of games?
Anyway, here's a bash and some honourable mentions for the bench.

........................Karius
Kromkamp...Song....Coates....Insua
...Poulsen....Diao......Diomede
.......Pongolle the mongole
..............Diouf.......Aspas

Bench:

moses
pennant
sissoko
traore
cheyrou
nunez
gonzalez

Last edited:
20yrs is hard, there's been some right old utter shit. I think yours might be last 10. I presume we're also going for player that played a decent amount of games?
Anyway, here's a bash and some honourable mentions for the bench.

........................Karius
Kromkamp...Song....Coates....Insua
...Poulsen....Diao......Diomede
.......Pongolle the mongole
..............Diouf.......Aspas

Bench:

moses
pennant
sissoko
traore
cheyrou

nunez
gonzalez

A lot of those were in my initial pool. 20 years ago I was a kid so don't really remember too much, but yeah, seems like we've had more than our fair share of log.

Itandje
Degen
Pellegrino
Landaida
Konchesky
Igor Bišćan
Bruno Cheyrou
Charlie Adam
Núñez
Voronin
El-Hadji Diouf

Subs
Arphexad
Josemi
Kewell
Cole
Downing
Shelvey

Last edited:
You've got them off historical squads because Landaida is a mistake and he never played for us. He played for Liverpool Montevideo.

Itandje played, what, one game?

Itandje
Degen
Pellegrino
Landaida
Konchesky
Igor Bišćan
Bruno Cheyrou
Charlie Adam
Núñez
Voronin
El-Hadji Diouf

You just invented that player didn't you? Be honest? Never heard of the cunt and he's certainly never played for us in the last 20-30yrs.

You've got them off historical squads because Landaida is a mistake and he never played for us. He played for Liverpool Montevideo.

It was one game too many...
You just invented that player didn't you? Be honest? Never heard of the cunt and he's certainly never played for us in the last 20-30yrs.
Busted...

Nice work Sherlock!

As for Shitandje, he's obviously a horrible and useless cunt, but you're rigbt, I'm not sure he played often enough to qualify really.
But for total shitness, I always put Kirkland in goal, until Karius that is.

Josemi at RB.
The Woy Hodgson triumvirate of shitness, Konchesky, Poulsen and Jovanovic.

Diouf certainly.

Paul Stewart, £2.3m from Spurs. Fuck me, Souey.

Karius Kelly Kryiagakos Ilori Konchesky Poulsen Cheyrou Adam Solanke Markovic Voronin

Some of you lot have got short memories considering the post said 20yrs, you've been picking out the donkeys from the last 10. Some back from under Ged etc, dear me.

--------------------------------Loris Karius--------------------------------

Javier Manquillo--Gabriel Paletta---Tiago Illori---Alberto Moreno

-------------------------------Salif Diao------------------------------------

Sebatian Leto-------------Lazar Markovic--------------Victor Moses

-----------------Rickie Lambert--------Mario Balotelli-------------------

How many first team games did Illori play? I'm not sure you can include him. Likewise Leto

The Chilean Winger should be in Gonzalez?

Nunez is nailed on - he was a fucking lawyer

Oh and Coates

Kelly? As in Martin Kelly? We've had far worse players. He was pretty solid he just unfortunately never kicked on
We've not had many bad RB's that I can remember.

Clyne Johnson Finnan Arbeloa only other 4 I can recall & they all had at least 2 great seasons each.

You could maybe add Manquillo but he was only here on loan & played handful of games which I thought he did ok in.

You forgot Degen, which is understandable given your attention would have been entirely focused upon Dossena at that time.

We've not had many bad RB's that I can remember.

Clyne Johnson Finnan Arbeloa only other 4 I can recall & they all had at least 2 great seasons each.

You could maybe add Manquillo but he was only here on loan & played handful of games which I thought he did ok in.

Degen?

Marius

Degen
Coates (although I want to say paletta)
Pellegrino
Koncheskey

Diao
Poulsen
Spearing

Markovic
N'goals
Nunez

Jay spearing was fucking shite, although had half a season where he was better than lucas

Still fucking shite

Karius
Josemi Pellegrino Coates Konchesky
Diao Poulsen Lucas
Markovic Balotelli Diouf

There's some real competition up front but I hated these three so much I can't look past them
Had Paletta and Degen in too but they apparently only played for us 3 and 7 times respectively. Certainly left a fucking impression though, didn't they? See also: Damien Plessis

Karius
Diao Poulsen Lucas
Markovic Balotelli Diouf

There's some real competition up front but I hated these three so much I can't look past them
Had Paletta and Degen in too but they apparently only played for us 3 and 7 times respectively. Certainly left a fucking impression though, didn't they? See also: Damien Plessis

Wow, that's some team. You've got a decent mix of hateful players and just shit players and some nice combinations of both.

Karius
Diao Poulsen Lucas
Markovic Balotelli Diouf

I'm surprised Aquilani isn't getting more nominations. He would be my captain for the Most Disappointing Liverpool team.

JOSEMI

That cunt is actually in the Istanbul photos!

I'm sure at one point he was actually keeping Finnan out of the side, which is just hilarious. He is easily one of the worst RBs to ever play for us.

Yep. Fair enough. It was strange. It seemed like Rafa didn't rate Finnan. Josemi, then fucking Kromkamp before eventually moving Arbeloa from left to right back (to be fair his stronger side) and signing Andrea fucking Dossena.

I'm surprised Aquilani isn't getting more nominations. He would be my captain for the Most Disappointing Liverpool team.

Think he has in the most disappointing thread. This is the worst thread. Didn't help that I started both at the same time. I keep getting them mixed up myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom