• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting World Cup Betting Thread

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddy Power have some good deals on the go.

Bet 20 quid on the top scorer and get a 5 quid free bet every time he scores, theres others but cant remember them.

I've backed the Argies heavily to win the WC at 5/1, Messi 8/1 top goalscorer and Netherlands 4/5 (1.77) NOT to qualify from their group.

Also £25 Portugal & Ghana to qualify from Group G to win £325. This is based on the fact that Germany COULD lose their first game to Portugal and their 2nd game is against Ghana in humid conditions which could catch them out. I reckon Germany will qualify but at 13/1 the Portugal/Ghana bet is good value.

Some eejit put up 200/1 for Brazil to finish bottom of their group so I took the £2 bet that was on offer. It might seem daft but, again, it's the value bet as they should be about 70/1 to come bottom. Their first game against Croatia is trickier than it might seem and if the pressure of the occasion gets to them they could fuck-up. If they lose the first game then the pressure will become massive for the next game against mexico and given that I don't think Brazil are a GREAT team they could go to pieces....................it's very unlikely but worth a £2 bet.

*My golden rule for betting on major championships is NOT to bet on individual games until you've seen each team play once. I watch EVERY game in the WC and will start betting on matches after the first round of games are over.

*I may actually break my own golden rule in the first game :) I can't believe that a team with Modric, Rakatic, Lovren, Srna, Olic etc (Mandzukic is unfortunately suspended for this game) are 12/1 to win against Brazil who have so much pressure on them. I have never bet on the first round of matches in any world cup or Euro championship but fancy £20 on Croatia. I'll decide tomorrow.

Totally agree with Holland not to qualify.

Yep, PP has enhanced Croatia to 12/1 for a 90min game. Surely worth a fiver for interest sake.

Totally agree with Holland not to qualify.

Yep, PP has enhanced Croatia to 12/1 for a 90min game. Surely worth a fiver for interest sake.
If Brazil score first then they should win comfortably but facing a team with Modric, Rakatic, Lovren, Olic etc and with the intense pressure of being home favourites it's gotta be worth a few quid on Croatia to spring a surprise. I never bet on the first round of games usually but, as you say, it's gotta be worth a small investment.

Hmmm. I have a free fiver bet so I might slap it on at 12/1 for the interest.

Someone is work told me that the host nation hasn't lost an opening game in the history of the WC.

PP are giving enhanced odds for new customers on outright winner.

Brazil 8/1
Argies 12/1
Spain 16/1

Max bet is €10 but Argies at 12 is not to be sniffed at.

It's gotta be Chile and Spain? just can't decide which way to go in the other one...Any one got a guy feeling??

Already down after that peno decision yesterday.

I'm not touching Mexico game myself as I don't know what way it will go.

Yaaa I'm thinking I'm gonna go that way too. I was just gonna try for the cheeky triple header.

You're no longer in Vancouver are you?

Yaaa I'm thinking I'm gonna go that way too. I was just gonna try for the cheeky triple header.

You're no longer in Vancouver are you?

I'm back home man.

Good few of the lads still there though. You?

Ya I'm here still. The supporters club moved to a better venue. And we just had Bruce Grobbelaar in. He was legless.

Glad I stayed away from betting on the first tound of matches, I would have lost on quite a few of 'em. Now having seen every team once I reckon I SHOULD be able to manage a few winners. Start with a losing bet however; £5 Holland not to qualify from group B to win £100. No idea why but 20/1 seems a risk worht taking.

I might have a decent bet on Spain going........almost accidently. I figured that Spain will make changes for their game tonight (they'd bloddy better) and I'm expecting to see Casillas, Alonso, Xavi and Costa replaced by Reina or De Gea, Fabregas, Pedro and maybe Koke. I thought that if this happens some big money will go on Spain to win the WC at 13/1 prior to kick off. With this in mind I stuck £500 on Spain at 13/1 with a view to selling this bet when the price changes prior to kick off. I thought I could reduce my liability on Spain by 500 (my liability on most of the top teams is £1050 with the Argies being +£4300.

But now if the Dutch don't beat the Aussies I'll be able to sell some of the bet and maybe keep a £100 or so on Spain; after all if they beat Chile tonight they'll be right back in the comptetion. I'll have to see how the 2nd half of the Dutch game goes and then make a decision. At present I'm +£6,500 on Spain.

Well my plan worked to a degree, I sold a lot of the bet during the Dutch game while they were losing @ 11.5/1 and the rest after the game at 12.5/1 & 13/1 and have got my liability on Spain down to £180 from £1050 at no cost :)

Lads, have a look at Bosnia and Nigeria Sat night.

If I can get Bosnia at evens, i'll have a decent bet.

Not sure if I'd go as far as -1 Bosnia but they were decent against Argentina and Nigeria looks poor.

Bosnia need to win too.

I would just like to share my jammyness with you lot. I backed England to win the test match at 1.35 this morning (125 pounds - to win 40 pounds), cashed out after half a days play for a loss of £27..................Then chucked it all on Belgium to beat Russia at 2.37, needless to say that my favourite goal of the tourney has already been scored in the 87th minute today.

This world cup is proving to be a non-event in betting terms, I've made some great profit on most big tournaments but in this one I'm struggling to even find a bet worth doing. I've cashed out on my overall winner bet (for a small profit0 because I have no confidence in any of the remaining teams) and have taken a profit from my bet on messi as top goalscorer because I'm not convinced they'll beat belgium.

And so onto the quarter finals; my first ever BIG win betting on football was the world cup in 1986, an inspired bet of £2 on the quarter finals in which I backed a treble.....Belgium to beat Spain on penalties, West Germany to beat Mexico on penalties and France to beat Brazil on penalties.....that won me over £1,500.

My rationale for the bet was that all 3 matches looked very tight and possibly would end in penalties and i chose the teams I thought had the best keepers i.e. Harold Schumacker (West Germany), Pfaff (Belgium) and I can't remember who the French goalie was.

Anyway I see similarities in this quarter finals and for a laugh am going to recreate the moment with a treble......I have £10 on Germany beating France (Neuer > Lloris) @ 9.5/1 and if that wins I'm going to put the winnings on....?

I have seen all Colombia's games but the goalie hasn't registered in my memory.....is he any good? Or do i go for Julio Cesar?

In tomorrow's game (in the unlikely even I get both today's right) I'll put the winnings on Belgium to beat the Argies (Courtois > the eejit in the Argies goal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom