• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Will we win the title?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will we win the league?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah.. Not a chance...

City will win it again at a canter.. The quality of the PL outside the top 5/6 is so much poorer in comparison, City will pick the teams off easily..

I expect us to finish second accumulating a record number of points that in any other season would have us winning it.

My feelings exactly.

Yes.

We've strengthened the most of of the clubs over the summer. Both Chelsea and Arsenal have new managers and are unlikely to compete. United will be there or there abouts - people underestimate them and overrate us because of the football played - but I still think we're better than them and will prove it this season. Spurs will be competing for top four, but no more than that after failing to strengthen this window.

That leaves City, who we comfortably beat them over two legs last season, however they have the stronger squad, which is usually what counts in the end. If Klopp fucks off the FA Cup and League Cup to protect our stars fitness and protect them from injury then we will have a proper assault at the league. I want to run City scared. I want their shitty plastic fans to be knocked down a peg or two, I want them to print out more shit blue confetti for the fans only for them not to be able to use it. I want to see a painted City tour bus with Premier League Champions 2018/2019 left sitting at a depot as we march the trophy around Anfield. I want all of the Mancs to gaze across at Liverpool city centre to see what a proper Premier League trophy parade looks like.

All of that could happen and it's very exciting. For me, it's time to believe. This squad can win it.

Last edited:
No, City will win the league, hopefully we can win a trophy. I actually think we might win both domestic cups, just a feeling.

Has anyone been consistently consistent at any point over the last decade? . It's difficult not to have a drop in form across one season but almost impossible to do it over 2 seasons. I'm sure someone will tell me when a team won back to back titles
No club has ever had the depth that City have now. Every one of their bench was top quality last week and will be every week.

No club has ever had the depth that City have now. Every one of their bench was top quality last week and will be every week.

Yeah, I was trying to think of an injury to a single player that would really fuck them up. Other than the keeper I can't think of an injury that would badly derail them. They started with De Bruyne on the bench against Arse! We have a number of players who if we lose them, we're going to be quite seriously impacted. Perhaps not to the degree we would have been last season, but still. We need some luck.

I said yes, partly because the question doesn't specify that it has to be this season.

We're only a couple of injuries away from disaster so it is a big ask, but everything went City's way last season so it's not unreasonable to expect that even if they have improved, luck of some variety will make them catchable this season..
So are you saying that they will regress to their mean points?

Yeah, I was trying to think of an injury to a single player that would really fuck them up. Other than the keeper I can't think of an injury that would badly derail them. They started with De Bruyne on the bench against Arse! We have a number of players who if we lose them, we're going to be quite seriously impacted. Perhaps not to the degree we would have been last season, but still. We need some luck.

Exactly this but don't say it too loud or you'll be called a realist or a pessimist or some other silly name.

We don't even have one reliable partner for VVD nevermind cover and we still need another striker.

Lose Keita and we instantly lose that driving force in CM too.

Granted the same can be said for everyone else bar City. But the question all summer was will we win the league and with City's squad as it then the answer is no.

Second half of the season with another deep run the CL we will struggle.

On the plus side we should be even better to watch this season.

Fast forward to January 2019, we're 20 points behind City and 17 behind Man U.
Someone posts a link to this thread at Red Cafe.

Despite all that, yeah I think we'll win.

That’s the good thing about this site. We are that small we go under the radar.

Otherwise some “members” on this site would be getting buzzed off to fuck elsewhere by now.

What is this? A few players short? We worked hard last season to catch up with them and we did. Thats why I went to Rome in the CL semis instead of a handful plasticflag dickheads. We were the better team and gave them a hell of a beating. Since then we have strengthen the team with a New goalie, Naby Keita and a few others. We are clearly better than them. Wouldn't swap our team or manager with them at all.

If one of the front 3 gets a big injury we could be in trouble. That said you would hope allison could be work worth 9 points so the gaps gets closer.

When we play City in October, we will be their first real challenge and I wouldn't be surprised if they are unbeaten up until that point. If we are within 3 points of them at that stage, a win would be huge.

I'd like to see all of the top 7/8 really going for the jugular against City this season. That is where I think they are more likely to fold under pressure.

It's certainly the most positive I've felt going into a new season. There is definitely a feeling about the club achieving something special this year.

If we can steer clear of injuries to key players, have a bit of luck with decisions, we have a chance.

The main thing for me is to stay in contention with City throughout and hopefully capitalise on putting them under some pressure.
If they go 9-12pts clear around New Year, I think they will coast it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom