• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What's your view on the Arne Slot Probable Appointment?

What do you think about Arne as Klopp's successor?

• Bad idea - I won't get behind it

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I like that it's not a major stylistic change but I'm meh

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I was against it but it's growing on me

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • It's as good as it could be. No red flags.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • I'm enthused.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • He's the next Paisley

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Sorry, Dutch managers rarely deliver in England

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Who the hell knows.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • It's only downhill after Klopp

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • I prefer a different manager

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
I won’t lie, I was very underwhelmed when I first heard about it. Mostly cause I had no fucking idea who he was. The more I hear about him, his style and accomplishments, it grows on me. Also, the way we’ve been playing lately makes me believe it’s time for a change. Klopp does look tired, and Salah looks human. I’ll love Klopp till the day I die, but I am excited for some fresh ideas. I also reserve the right to say “I knew this was going to go tits up” when he fails however.

I have no clue who he is, nor his style of play. I just don’t care and won’t waste energy worrying about it.

I’m not nerdy enough to have a dozen managers in my mind that I would have here. I knew about Xabi because of the uniqueness of what’s he’s doing at Leverkusen. After that, I am at a loss on who is doing good. Top manager in Spain is Ancelloti but I don’t know the top managers in Italy, France or Portugal.

There are slim pickings out there. So I’m just going to trust the people who have the job.

I’m more happy the adults are back in charge and we aren’t just going to get in the flavour of the month or someone who has done well against us. This goes for players as well as the manager.

I think that’s why I’m quietly okay with it. Edwards has earned a bit of confidence and trust. Normally when we’ve been deciding on our next manager we’ve had at least a couple big names to choose from. Whether that was Benitez or Mourinho, to Ancelotti and Klopp. I feel I’m learning a new managers name every other day right now.

I hated him but on deeper reflection it's because Xabi and Ruben look like gods and this guy looks like my baby's butt. Also, he's Dutch.

But I'm coming around. It could have been worse, like Paolo Fonseca. Like you say, slim pickings. and Arne Slot is definitely not a slim pick.

Three days ago, didn't know this bloke existed.

Maybe that's for the best, as we navigate the waters, replacing the best manager we've had since the early 80s.

Not a clue. I'm just going to wait and see.

There was no guaranteed option. I think most people would have preferred Xabi but even that would have been an enormous gamble. All we can hope is that the stats people adjusted their algorithm after the Brodge appointment.

Voted "it's only downhill after Klopp" - as in, from potential title challengers (4 in the past 6 seasons, if current one is inc.) to CL qualification challengers (ala Klopp's 2nd & 3rd seasons with us). Would gladly loved to be proven wrong.

Had his team been where PSV is and with last year's title win, I reckon more people would have shown more positivity.
I mean he was no where on anyone's list a couple of months ago.
He is going to be Manager, so I am going to stay open minded.

If he had a hair weave like Klopp, people would be more excited. As a fellow slaphead with a head like a beach ball, I hope he's a roaring success.

Have no idea who he is...
But was wondering if this is FSG tring to do things on the cheap again

At first, I said what the fuck. Then I got seduced by the positive noises and thought he might be ok. Then I saw the presser and after that I want him dead

I won’t lie, I was very underwhelmed when I first heard about it. Mostly cause I had no fucking idea who he was. The more I hear about him, his style and accomplishments, it grows on me. Also, the way we’ve been playing lately makes me believe it’s time for a change. Klopp does look tired, and Salah looks human. I’ll love Klopp till the day I die, but I am excited for some fresh ideas. I also reserve the right to say “I knew this was going to go tits up” when he fails however.
Like all this post except : what accomplishments? The Eredivisie !?!

Repost.

The biggest issue I have with Slot ... not that I haven't mentioned this before ad nauseum ... is that he has only ever performed in the Dutch league. It's like having only ever acted at your local drama group before going to Broadway or the West End. Just because his teams can successfully implement his tactics in the ridiculously low on quality Eredivisie doesn't mean they will translate to the PL.

Yes I know some say it's cheap and inaccurate to compare him to Ten Hag but aren't the basic premises the same? Wildly successful in the Eredivisie but with zero experience outside of the country? I simply don't think that metrics can be used in the same way with managers as they are with players.

I hope I'm wrong and will support him but I'm not optimistic. Come on Edwards, rub my face in it, you know I'll love it if you do.

That's all well and good, but you still can't have more than 100% of an overall number.
That's good news as it means ticket prices can't have risen by more than 100% since the 80s. Can I borrow a fiver so I can go to the Spurs match next week?

Last edited:
I'm trying not to stress about it. The more I've read the more I've warmed to the idea, especially the takes from Feyenoord fans, who are genuinely gutted and seem to love him. I would have gone for Emery, but with Edwards back at the club there's a degree of trusting the process. I'm encouraged that our recruitment may go back to being elite again, which is probably more important. As for Slot, it would be silly to pretend it wasn't a step down from Klopp and Benitez when they were hired, and the club are in a much stronger position, on some levels it's a bit meh... But let's see how it goes..

I've no idea why Carragher is suggesting Tuchel. The guy is a massive weirdo.

Last edited:
Well, he seems to be labelled as a brilliant tactician so you’d think he would have a few ideas.

Fuck that interview btw. It means nothing in regards to him succeeding here or not.

Back
Top Bottom