• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What a mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember personally but I though Meireles requested a transfer. Like I said, strange decision.
I don't know what happened, but he had a long term contract, we didn't have to sell.

I don't know what's gone on with Maxi either but when he has played he hasn't seemed that down about it has he?
They're human, imagine if you were in Maxi's shoes and the first thing the manager does is find a replacement for you and when the replacement isn't producing you're still on the bench.
Granted, Max hasn't played well, match fitness?

Eh? Based on what??! Have you asked them?
Speculation, like I said they're human.

Talented player yes, but completely broken virtually all the time!! I doubt many players, who all actually KNOW Aurelio and train with him, would be particularly baffled by this decision. Aurelio is lucky he is still at the club to be honest!
It's just my opinion, use him when he isn't broken. He's arguable better than the other options we have.

I suspect the players are probably more pleased by the fact that we have WON one cup and are in the semi of the other rather than being pissed off that the back up keeper hasn't played.

Like I said it's just speculation but the players talk. I bet Doni would like to have taken part in some of the cup games, Oldham, Brighton etc. He's arguably good enough. The little "giggle" he and Aurelio had on the bench isn't exactly encouraging.

]

Yeah, I remember beng fuming about that when I watched us batter Real Madrid, putting four goals past them.
The point is we didn't do it because we had Rafa.

We did it because we had better players than we do now. And part of the reason why we're so poor now is a direct result of personnel decisions made by Rafa, then Hodgson and now Kenny / Commoli.

That's the bit we need to get right. The rest will follow

we've been saying we need better players for ages, need to get the best out of the players we have. kenny can in and had the same players playing great football when under roy those same players were flirting with relagtion.

The point is we didn't do it because we had Rafa.

We did it because we had better players than we do now. And part of the reason why we're so poor now is a direct result of personnel decisions made by Rafa, then Hodgson and now Kenny / Commoli.

That's the bit we need to get right. The rest will follow

But it must be also true that putting 4 past Madrid was done to some good personnel decisons then ?

What is a new manager going to do ?

What any good manager would do, make the most out of the resources at his disposal.

You seem to have this warped opinion that a managers success is dictated by the chequebook at his disposal, and the players he's got. It's like the art of coaching is anathema to you.

You long ridiculed Martin O'Neill for his spending. Well he took over a Sunderland team in the relegation zone a few months back, hasn't spent a penny, and his his largely shite side beside us in the league.

I could give you a dozen other examples like that. In fact, just take a look through the league table where there are about 15 ready-to-go examples of managers doing more with less.

Is it ?

This goes back to what I said last week, process v. results.

People judge Rafa as a tactical genius because of the CL win. If we'd lost a penalty shoot out you wouldn't have anything to back up the assertion - and to insist he's a tactical genius is to ignore the fact that his genius tactics had us three down in the Final. It was forced decision making that rectified things. On the flip side if Chelsea had won a penalty shoot out Avram Grant would have won them a CL, something the best manager in the world ever never managed to do at Chelsea.

Literally the only difference between then and now is Steven Gerrard wasn't completely fucking shite back in 2005. People have no idea how to rate managers, mainly because you don't take into account all of the relevant factors. They assume that if a club does well it's because the manager is doing really well - which is quite often simply not the case.

It's just lose a game - manager got his tactics wrong. Won - manager got it right. Simplistic bollocks which is typical of football.

Tactics is just like card counting in poker, it marginally shifts the odds in your favour but more often than not the best hand is still going to win. We should be focusing on putting together the best hand that we can, not marginal bollocks like tactics.

I've stared at this post for about 3 minutes unable to come up with the correct amount of 'OHMYFUCKINGGODAREYOUONDRUGS' hyperbole to demonstrate my feelings about the stupidity of that fucking post.

"Tactics is like card counting in poker"

Actually, make sure you don't think I'm only highlighting the above quote. I'm reading it all and going what. the. absolute. fuck.

yes, playing defensively and getting lucky = genius.

Anyone can do that.

I love how in the post directly above this one you accuse someone of going " for the overly simplistic approach".

And then you post that.

Be a WUM if you like, but at least be good at it.

What any good manager would do, make the most out of the resources at his disposal.

You seem to have this warped opinion that a managers success is dictated by the chequebook at his disposal, and the players he's got. It's like the art of coaching is anathema to you.

You long ridiculed Martin O'Neill for his spending. Well he took over a Sunderland team in the relegation zone a few months back, hasn't spent a penny, and his his largely shite side beside us in the league.

I could give you a dozen other examples like that. In fact, just take a look through the league table where there are about 15 ready-to-go examples of managers doing more with less.
Like Kenny did in the second half of last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom