• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst we do need signings in other positions - it's very important that our main stars up front never become comfortable with their 'right' to be automatic starters. Especially if we go on to win the league this season, these players will be etched in folklore.

We need a big signing in the attacking third.

Our front 3 need to be motivated/pressured and to be kept on their toes.

Salah's arrival was the perfect motivation for Mane's improvement - seeing Salah have a stellar season is what drove Mane to lift his game to the level we have witnessed last season and this season.

On the flip side, Salah has been good but he's not that killer player we saw 2 seasons ago, when the opposition would shit themselves at the sight of him on the ball.

We need a big signing to drive such players to increase their levels - there has to be genuine world class competition, none of our front 3 are going to have sleepless nights over Origi taking their starting spot (as much as I love Origi).

Whilst we do need signings in other positions - it's very important that our main stars up front never become comfortable with their 'right' to be automatic starters. Especially if we go on to win the league this season, these players will be etched in folklore.

We need a big signing in the attacking third.

Our front 3 need to be motivated/pressured and to be kept on their toes.

Salah's arrival was the perfect motivation for Mane's improvement - seeing Salah have a stellar season is what drove Mane to lift his game to the level we have witnessed last season and this season.

On the flip side, Salah has been good but he's not that killer player we saw 2 seasons ago, when the opposition would shit themselves at the sight of him on the ball.

We need a big signing to drive such players to increase their levels - there has to be genuine world class competition, none of our front 3 are going to have sleepless nights over Origi taking their starting spot (as much as I love Origi).

It's not just "motivation"; we need the ability to rotate and rest players, drop players when they are out of form, and we've also been quite lucky with injury.

It's one of the reasons City have been so strong (albeit not defensively) because they have so many top quality attacking players.

I didn't see any reports in German papers which suggest this.

Fjortoft himself is also backtracking.

All these rumours, it's almost like we have more than one potential target in mind for each position we want to strengthen and there's some truth to a few rumours even though we won't sign each and every player linked. Crazy, I know.

I didn't see any reports in German papers which suggest this.

Fjortoft himself is also backtracking.
I'm not having that. You're just shit stirring because you are jealous you don't have an Austrian / German version of The Firm.

He uses too many , and for this reason I hate him
I like the way you protest your dislike, for the exclamation marks, with a total disregard for any punctuation at all to mark the end of your sentence. It's not quite the grammatical version of smearing shite all over your cell wall, but it is a stance. Bravo!!!!

Almost everyone we have ever signed was bought after "career-best seasons".

That's why we bought them.

My point is that our best signings, like Salah, Van Dijk or Torres, had their career best seasons with us. They might have been on an upward trajectory before, but there was a sense of untapped potential at the moment of signing. With Werner I'm getting a sense of him playing at his maximum efficiency at a team that's already built around his strengths.

My point is that our best signings, like Salah, Van Dijk or Torres, had their career best seasons with us. They might have been on an upward trajectory before, but there was a sense of untapped potential at the moment of signing. With Werner I'm getting a sense of him playing at his maximum efficiency at a team that's already built around his strengths.
Well that's more often than not because suddenly they're surrounded by other top class players. Naturally, their performances would improve. Just like Reina stopped conceding goals behind Carra, Hyypia and Agger.

My point is that our best signings, like Salah or Torres, had their career best seasons with us. They might have been on an upward trajectory before, but there was a sense of untapped potential at the moment of signing. With Werner I'm getting a sense of him playing at his maximum efficiency at a team that's already built around his strengths.

Ah, well that's almost impossible to predict, so it's one of those built-in risks you have with all signings.

But yeah, if we were to do a list of players who joined us after a good season (or two), only to not quite reach those heights at Liverpool, we'd be here for a LOOOOOOONNNNG time.

(Looking at you Collymore, Saunders, Ziege, Keane, Benteke, Litmanen, Karius, Stewart, Clough, James.....on and on and on and on and on...)

(Looking at you Collymore, Saunders, Ziege, Keane, Benteke, Litmanen, Karius, Stewart, Clough, James.....on and on and on and on and on...)

Ziege didn't disappoint me, or am i looking back with rose tinted glasses?

Ziege didn't disappoint me, or am i looking back with rose tinted glasses?

He seemed to be injured a lot, and he was also more of a wing-back or LM than a LB, which meant he was not the sort of defensive player Houllier trusted.

He wasn't worth all the trouble and effort we went to, that's for sure.

Ah, well that's almost impossible to predict, so it's one of those built-in risks you have with all signings.

But yeah, if we were to do a list of players who joined us after a good season (or two), only to not quite reach those heights at Liverpool, we'd be here for a LOOOOOOONNNNG time.

Or, as in the case if Morientes, players who joined us after a good career or two ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom