• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We need to talk about Jurgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did. The opening post though is just another thing to needlessly worry about, it makes Klopp seem a know nothing who walks into a job without asking any questions or seeking any assurances.

Klopp is obviously cool as fuck... the squad isn't as bad as everyone is saying, the injuries are killing us.

I don't think the defence is that bad, but the midfield is awful, and with Henderson and Milner out there's nothing.

Bentekkers looks totally lost most of the time. Firmino likewise. Miss Sturridge so much.... but even Ings would be the dude right now.

We've got the second most injuries in the league at the minute, it's all key personnel and it's been like that all season. That ain't Klopp's fault

Yeah, largely agree. He's made some poor decisions, but the injuries have been severe. OK, we all know we need a new goalkeeper, a defensive midfielder, a pacy attacking player cum winger. And hopefully we will address this.

But he's had Sturridge, Henderson, Ings, Gomez, and now Milner and Skrtel all out injured.

If he'd had a full squad to choose from, we'd have been able to rotate more, and we'd have seen less of rubbish players like Firmino, Lallana, Sakho and Lucas starting regularly

I was going to write a detailed response, but I seriously can't be arsed. "All down to Suarez", seriously. People forget that prior to buying Coutinho and Sturridge we had Suarez and didn't get close to that level of performance as a team.

So yeah, for the umpteenth time I'll use that word again, fuck off with your agenda driven shite.

Ha ha! You're seriously telling me to "fuck off with my agenda" - when you have the biggest pro-Rodgers agenda on the site? It's okay for you to have one but not anyone else? You really are a sad, laughable, embarrassing cunt Mark.

The fact that we didn't win the league when we had perhaps the best player that the league has ever seen playing for us - in a career defining year - is down to Rodgers, because he didn't have a fucking clue how to defend.

Shove that up your agenda.

Ha ha! You're seriously telling me to "fuck off with my agenda" - when you have the biggest pro-Rodgers agenda on the site? It's okay for you to have one but not anyone else? You really are a sad, laughable, embarrassing cunt Mark.

The fact that we didn't win the league when we had perhaps the best player that the league has ever seen playing for us - in a career defining year - is down to Rodgers.
Shove that up your agenda.

I think that's a bit hyperbolic

I don't think it's a coincidence that, under Rodgers and Klopp, these players can look very good when the pace is unusually high. I feel that's mainly down to the fact these are good athletes who perform best on instinct. Keep pinging the ball around at high speed and they have good instincts. When the pace slows, however, the brain becomes more important, and these players really don't think well.

Take Clyne, for example: make him return the ball at high speed and you've got a good chance of him doing well. Back off and leave him to decide what to do next and he basically self-destructs. Give Coutinho time and space and at least he'll DO something, but what he does is so painfully predictable the keeper probably urges his defenders to let him do it. In fact, you could draw a line across the pitch in front of the opposition area, and know that, if you just leave our players to their own devices, they'll soon feck it up. They cannot show any imagination whatsoever in that zone. It's one of two things: the awful stabbed pass into the centre of the area, where it's most congested, or a self-parody of a wide pass and hopeful cross towards the keeper. That's it. They really don't seem to know any other strategy.

And I think Klopp now looks at what he's got and realises he's managing idiots.

Pace is the relevant word, not brains. We don't have any. So when we are faced with a packed midfield and defence who just sit off, we don't have anyone with the speed and close skills required to simply beat a man, make a run, and outpace the opposition.

There's no real power or raw speed, I'm not sure guile is the only missing ingredient.
Every top team needs fucking quick players and attackers, we have none when Sturridge is out. Not one.

Pretty obvious, sadly. Watching Lallana and Firmino twat about at 2 mph is easy for anyone to defend against

Which part?

Well, in general I don't think it's quite fair to give Rodgers no credit or respect whatsoever for that one, fantastic season.

Most of it was a superb culmination of talent, quality and form, with Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling and of course Suarez, and yeah, most of us thought the defence was always going to let us down, but he did have some influence on and off the pitch

Maybe not much, or enough, but some.

Of course, he isn't a great manager by any means, and his subsequent - and previous - problems and flaws have shown that, but it still seems a bit harsh to say he had nothing at all to with it. But yeah, delighted he was sacked, and should have been in summer, but we have a much better manager now

Who also won't win the league

I believe that we will win the league next season. The players will be better prepared for the season than in a long time. No one can say that Rodgers and his staff got the pre-season right and we the result of that now. Klopp is even forced to train the players instead of resting them.

Did anyone really think Klopp would come in and we'd become a superb team over night?

It's going to take 2/3 transfer windows and a couple of seasons before we can expect consistently high performance.

Klopp is here for a long haul.

Look. He certainly deserves some credit. He was part of the setup - he get's my respect for that.
But it's pretty clear to most that Suarez deserves a much larger percentage of the credit. When Suarez left, he was the only player from the team that finished second that wasn't starting the next season. The only player! We had to replace one guy - in a team of eleven. And it all came crashing down.
We had a fuckload of money to replace him, and we bought a ton of shite. The defensive issues persisted. The Suarez goals went away. It's really not rocket science.
Anyway, this is a pointless discussion in a thread that's supposed to be about Klopp.

Klopp is obviously cool as fuck... the squad isn't as bad as everyone is saying, the injuries are killing us.

I don't think the defence is that bad, but the midfield is awful, and with Henderson and Milner out there's nothing.

Bentekkers looks totally lost most of the time. Firmino likewise. Miss Sturridge so much.... but even Ings would be the dude right now.

We've got the second most injuries in the league at the minute, it's all key personnel and it's been like that all season. That ain't Klopp's fault

I'm not sure I buy the injuries excuse really.

Who are we missing that would be likely to start most of the time? Sturridge, Henderson, and Milner? That it?

You could argue Skrtel I guess, but then it's a toss up between him, Sakho and Lovren for the two spots anyway. So we're missing 3 players that'd impact the team.

In Sturridge's place, we have Firmino and Benteke - 60M quid's worth of players bought 6 months ago. Injuries aren't affecting our ability to score goals - bad signings are.

Was Milner doing enough to advocate his spot anyway? Doubtful.

Henderson is a loss, no doubt. But that's really it. Him and Sturridge.

Our problem is that our squad is mostly shite.

Who are we missing that would be likely to start most of the time? Sturridge, Henderson, and Milner? That it?

You could argue Skrtel I guess, but then it's a toss up between him, Sakho and Lovren for the two spots anyway. So we're missing 3 players that'd impact the team.

In Sturridge's place, we have Firmino and Benteke - 60M quid's worth of players bought 6 months ago. Injuries aren't affecting our ability to score goals - bad signings are.

Gomez over Moreno probs too. But yeah, there's a load of average shite throughout the squad.

Kolo and Enrique will go. I'd also sell Bogdan, Lovren, Moreno, Allen, Balotelli, Benteke.

Keep Skrtel, Lucas and Lallana as squad players.

I know you'll go nah mate but I really thought Ings was looking the business when he got injured, ditto Gomez. I'm pretty sure they'd play.

I know that it's shit signings as well as injuries, you're right about that - but injuries are a big part of it. And you can't just say it's only a few players - it's how important they are. Our best defender, the only two midfielders who should ever be considered, our best striker (the most talented player at the club) all out, along with a few new signings who looked really promising. It's a large loss.

I do wonder he is underwhelmed by the whole thing.

The fans have been shit especially compared to the passion on display at Dortmund

The squad is unbalanced and worst of all shows little fight.

I hope he gets good funds to make his mark in England. We're very fortunate to have someone of his standing willing or manage us. Previous to him our managers bad came from Swansea, Fulham and the footballing wilderness to manage us.

Purely because we don't have one at the moment.

That's a bit harsh, he looked the part at times early on this season and bagged a couple of important goals. We certainly lack the energy that him and Henderson would give us. I do sympathise with the injuries because we've lost Gomez, Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Ibe, Firmino, Sturridge, Ings, Benteke and Origi, all at various points this season for fairly lengthy spells. That would hit anyone badly.

That said, despite my own frustration of late, I don't remember anyone banging on about how weak a squad it was when we were snotting Chelsea, City and Southampton.

We've certainly bought really badly, yeah. But still, missing three first team players, at least two of whom are certain starters, and arguably Ings too, as another option, is still a pretty big blow

But when you start adding up the money spent on Lallana, Markovic, Firmino, Balotelli, Lovren, Sakho and Benteke (who I think is a good player, but anyway), then it's not hard to feel a bit dispondent

I do wonder he is underwhelmed by the whole thing.

The fans have been shit especially compared to the passion on display at Dortmund

The squad is unbalanced and worst of all shows little fight.

I hope he gets good funds to make his mark in England. We're very fortunate to have someone of his standing willing or manage us. Previous to him our managers bad came from Swansea, Fulham and the footballing wilderness to manage us.

The passion at Dortmund wasnt all that great when he took over there either. He said so himself.

His biggest surprise must be how little fight and desire it is in this squad and how mentally weak they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom