• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Villa at Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradley

Very Well-Known
Before Dreamy starts one!

3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Lots of issues and back story going on here, from Madrid and the pasting we got at their place.

I'd drop Mane out for Bobby.

Naby out for Jones or Thiago.

Potentially Gini out too for Milner.

The rest should stay the same.

I think Milner has to play. We need a proper captain for this fixture. I would also post the headlines of the papers after the 7:2 game all over the dressing room, the gym etc.

thing is - we may need Milner for next Wednesday - is that enough time for him to recover ?

Villa and Leeds next 2 league games. We've come up short recently in the games against the teams just around us in the table (Chelsea, Everton, Leicester). Both Villa and Leeds are in the group of teams below us, is we don't beat both we really haven't any chance of closing the gap on West Ham.

Grealish has been injured and McGinn out of sorts.

7-0 defeat incoming.

We need to win build back confidence.

I wouldn’t drop Mane. I’d definitely get Jones in.

I’m not sure what Jones has done wrong to fall out of contention for a starting slot - also, we’re now approaching the stage where Gini (due to form, and the fact he is deffo leaving) should start to make way

Think we should stick with the team that we put out vs Real, with one change Jota for Mane
front three being Jota,Bobby, Salah

So - not the team we put out against Madrid with Jota for Mane then

Also - are you really suggesting Naby plays?

The midfield 3 that started the Villa 7:2 game and were totally overrun were... Fabinho, Gini and Keita. Same midfield that has lost the battle so disastrously against Real. I also remember the Saints away in the Spring of 2019 when the same trio started and was once again completely overrun - I remembered this game pretty well, because this was the first game Hendo got his wish to play in a more attacking position and it’s his introduction for Wijnaldum that completely changed the flow of the midfield battle.

I don’t remember if there were some lower-profile games when the same trio started and did OK - perhaps there were. But I think there is enough evidence to say that against stronger opponents, there is something about this combination that simply doesn’t work. Our midfield has almost always either dominated or at least held its own under Klopp, so it’s easy to remember the times when they’ve badly faltered, and the Fabs-Gini-Keita trio were responsible for the majority of these midfield disasters.

Last edited:
So - not the team we put out against Madrid with Jota for Mane then

Also - are you really suggesting Naby plays?
Just to reiterate something you already know mate, he has absolutely no fucking clue what he is talking about. I’m not even sure he’s not an Evertonian troll, such is the level of cluelessness

The midfield 3 that started the Villa 7:2 game and were totally overrun were... Fabinho, Gini and Keita. Same midfield that has lost the battle so disastrously against Real. I also remember the Saints away in the Spring of 2019 when the same trio started and was once again completely overrun - I remembered this game pretty well, because this was the first game Hendo got his wish to play in a more attacking position and it’s his introduction for Wijnaldum that completely changed the flow of the midfield battle.

I don’t remember if there were some lower-profile games when the same trio started and did OK - perhaps there were. But I think there is enough evidence to say that against stronger opponents, there is something about this combination that simply doesn’t work. Our midfield has almost always either dominated or at least held its own under Klopp, so it’s easy to remember the times when they’ve badly faltered, and the Fabs-Gini-Keita trio were responsible for the majority of these midfield disasters.

So they did not cover themselves in glory in the 7-2 defeat vs Stoke, but I am willing to bet the we have played team and lost games, and played the teams with the same midfield won.

Maybe we should change the whole midfild then, and while we are at it TAA and Robertson as they were part of the defence.

Oh! Salah,Jota and Firmino....And Milner Jones and Mane who were subs...
We could play the under 21,s and the reserve. That would be an idea. There prolems slove...No wait. They losted to Villa in the Cup

Looks like Alisson Neco,Philips, Kabak Tsimikas, Thiago Ox Shaqiri Mane Origi and some other bod

Errr .... Jota started in Madrid. So I didn't get it in one, two, three or, even, eleventy eleven
Take your point, get not make it clear, Mane Jota Salah, was meaning that we should start front three of Jota,Frimino and Salah, leave the mid field and defence as it was vs Real, and adjust tactics if needed

Alisson
Trent, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson
Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Milner
Salah, Firmino, Jota

If we win: "Great decision to play Firmino instead of Mané!"
If we lose: "Why didn't he play Mané and Thiago?"

This is the same front three that started in the 7-2 loss to Villa earlier on in the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom