• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Verdan Corluka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesam

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Our right back position is a major concern; Arbeloa wants to leave England, Finnan is out of favour and Degen is useless. Assuming that we sell either or both Finnan and Arbeloa we should make a move for Corluka is is unsettled at City. Rumours abound that he could be off to Villa for £5m which is an absolute steal. He was brilliant for City last season and very impressive for Croatia in Euro '08, he is an excellent defender and very comfortable going forward.

We would probably expect £5m for Arbeloa and £2m for Finnan so a bid of £5m for Corluka would be self-financed and solve our RB problem.

He's an excellent player but I don't think right back is such a concern. Fears that Arbeloa is leaving have been quashed, so that leaves is with two RB's and Carra that can cover, presuming Finnan leaves.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=26041.msg642717#msg642717 date=1218526779]
He's an excellent player but I don't think right back is such a concern. Fears that Arbeloa is leaving have been quashed, so that leaves is with two RB's and Carra that can cover, presuming Finnan leaves.
[/quote]

I must have missed the news about Arbeloa staying while I was on holiday, I'd still prefer Corluka over Arbeloa though.

Corluka for 8 mill = fantastic deal.

Young, able at RB or CB, comfortable on the ball. We'd have 3 of our 4 defensive positions sorted for the next 8-10 years (w/Agger & Skittles)

The thing is, whilst he's good on the ball, he's hardly the sort of attacking fullback that we're supposed to be more interested in.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=26041.msg642733#msg642733 date=1218529117]
why is it a fantastic deal? we've never paid more than that for a defender
[/quote]

We never paid more than £14m for a forward before Torres, what's your point?

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=26041.msg642733#msg642733 date=1218529117]
why is it a fantastic deal? we've never paid more than that for a defender
[/quote]

why? because if you get a player who'll be your #1 guy at any position for 8 mill and he's already a really good player, it's a fantastic deal.

Although he has played alot of football at right back for City I always get the impression he will make a better centre half. Anyways i don't want us to sign him so im not bothered where he goes.

[quote author=Pandabear link=topic=26041.msg642738#msg642738 date=1218529496]
He's slow though..
[/quote]

He's actually deceptively quick...

Though he was poor in the Community Shield I'd still prefer us to go for Englishman Glen Johnson.

He had a storming last Season, is still quite young and is always very fond of going forward adding up numbers in attack.

Johnson and Dossena roaming up-and-down the lines from the back would make the need for a new winger even less important.

..........................Reina...............................

Johnson.......Carra.........Agger......Dossena

..................Masher.......Gerrard..................

............Cole......Keane.........Babel..............

..........................Torres...............................

If half the stories are true regarding Sinatra, Ireland, Verluka and the fee structures for the likes of Jo, then City are going to go into total meltdown very soon, and Hughes will go.

Even by City's standards, this is a disaster.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=26041.msg642802#msg642802 date=1218533812]
If half the stories are true regarding Sinatra, Ireland, Verluka and the fee structures for the likes of Jo, then City are going to go into total meltdown very soon, and Hughes will go.

Even by City's standards, this is a disaster.
[/quote]

There's already talk of Hughes quitting. If it all kicks off before the end of August it'll be like the 6am Next sales at the City of Manchester.

Micah Richards, Michael Johnson, Daniel Sturridge, Corluka, Jo, Petrov... there will be more than a few suitors for those players at least.

Yeah, i think they may be about to get themselves into quite a bit of bother.

Corluka at £8m would complete a fantastic back four for us. (Yes more money on a defender, but we could recoup a large percentage of it by selling the likes of Arbeloa if needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom