• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time Skully says he'll bum a dog if we sign a certain player I know that Spion will be keeping a watchful eye on his dog.

Next time Skully says he'll bum a dog if we sign a certain player I know that Spion will be keeping a watchful eye on his dog.

Stick to posting babble about football. The above is like shooting fish in a barrel.

You said you would prefer us to be relegated rather than sign a player. So you hate Owen more than you support us. That's astoundingly stupid, actually it's not really for you is it.

Hahahaha, coming from one of the most derided posters on the site who also made public, personal messages out of context to try and make me look stupid.

You fucking sad desperado.
You did look stupid mr non-violence.

You did look stupid mr non-violence.

Loved the way you didn't publish your reply....like I said out of context. Carry on, you doing a great job of continuing to be one of the most derided posters ever. And at the risk of using the same term, the competition is even fiercer.

This post is characteristic of what's going wrong with this debate, as with so many others. Why does every question have to get polarised into "Everything's Wonderful" versus "Everything's Sh!te" FFS? It's obvious that we've failed in one important aspect of this transfer window, namely fetching another striker in. It's also obvious that we've done some excellent business in getting Allen and Şahin, and too many of us seem to forget that in our last game we were unlucky not to beat the reigning champions with the same line-up we'll be putting out until January, when we could well strengthen again. NOT all is lost. Sorry if that's a bit too complex a point to make.

Bang on the money, as per.

Ivan klasnic is a free agent and can score goals so short term contract to be a back up would be worth it .

Maybe we are going to bring in a free agent or two? Anyway, as JJ said we've dome some great business this window, let's not focus just on the mistakes. Şahin and Allen were great signings plus we got rid of adam and Alberto...

what's he like now?
Still shit. He had one good season a few years back playing for a second string Spanish team. He paid off his own contract in the expectation of getting a new team but that seems to have backfired.

from here

Sporting reported this Thursday to the CMVM, the termination of the contract by "mutual agreement" with Sinama Pongolle. The French club Saint-Etienne did not exercise the purchase option clause on Florent Sinama Pongolle, at 3.5 million euros (2.5 million euros fixed and 1 million in variables). Steaua Bucharest was one of the possibilities that arose this summer for the forward, but the President Helmuth Duckadam vetoed this acquisition due to the color of his skin!!

I still remember Pongolle fondly. Istanbul wouldn't have happened without him and Mellor sparking us in the second half against Olympiacos. He had a couple of decent seasons after leaving us (with Recreativo) but the last 3 seasons he's been like a journeyman moving from club to club (some on loan).

16 goals - that's what Carroll (4),Maxi (4), Bellamy (6) & Kuyt (2) combined delivered in the league last season.

That's what Borini, Assaidi & sterling have to achieve between them.

Stewie Downing can hardly contribute any less than he did last year.

We're looking for Gerrard & Suarez to contribute at least the same, which leaves Allen & Şahin to contribute more than Henderson, Spearing & Adam.

I'm with JJ - I don't get why it has to be black or white on here all the time.

Yes it's disappointing we didn't bring in a 29 year old reasonable player to give us depth, but by the same token I'd rather we brought in the right player.

I don't quite get all the anger directed at the Americans - it was pretty clear we had £20m + sales to spend - and that's what we spent. If we'd got rid of Carroll & Spearing for the £20m we wanted for them, then we could have signed Sturridge and Dempsey.

I think the question "should we be paying £6m for this player 29 yr old" is a valid on. You'll note that Spurs were able to pay it and fund all their other transfers by selling arguably their best 2 players last season. They pretty much spent what they brought in - we didn't - we spent more than we brought in.

We could have solved the problem by selling Agger.

I guess the benefit of Carroll's move is that he will get the time on the pitch that he needs in a team that will play to his strengths - if it works we can probably get a good fee for him next season and add that to a transfer kitty.

In the meantime or helps get the club in to a better state financially if we have him off the wage bill - and remember - 4 goals was his contribution last season.

Anybody who believes that what happened in last years pre-season transfer window isn't having a direct impact on this one is delusional.

I also don't think that getting the clubs finances in to good shape is a bad thing at all. Ross has been banging on about this for ages, and rightly so. It'll take time to sort out and make the team competitive - and I mean compete for titles & Champions League - without the sort of ridiculous cash injections that Man City & Chelsea have seen and FSG were never going to do that.

In the meantime it's disappointing we have to make do with the resources we have at our disposal - but maybe it will tease us in to overachieving for a change.

16 goals - that's what Carroll (4),Maxi (4), Bellamy (6) & Kuyt (2) combined delivered in the league last season.

That's what Borini, Assaidi & sterling have to achieve between them.

Stewie Downing can hardly contribute any less than he did last year.

We're looking for Gerrard & Suarez to contribute at least the same, which leaves Allen & Şahin to contribute more than Henderson, Spearing & Adam.

I'm with JJ - I don't get why it has to be black or white on here all the time.

Yes it's disappointing we didn't bring in a 29 year old reasonable player to give us depth, but by the same token I'd rather we brought in the right player.

I don't quite get all the anger directed at the Americans - it was pretty clear we had £20m + sales to spend - and that's what we spent. If we'd got rid of Carroll & Spearing for the £20m we wanted for them, then we could have signed Sturridge and Dempsey.

I think the question "should we be paying £6m for this player 29 yr old" is a valid on. You'll note that Spurs were able to pay it and fund all their other transfers by selling arguably their best 2 players last season. They pretty much spent what they brought in - we didn't - we spent more than we brought in.

We could have solved the problem by selling Agger.

I guess the benefit of Carroll's move is that he will get the time on the pitch that he needs in a team that will play to his strengths - if it works we can probably get a good fee for him next season and add that to a transfer kitty.

In the meantime or helps get the club in to a better state financially if we have him off the wage bill - and remember - 4 goals was his contribution last season.

Anybody who believes that what happened in last years pre-season transfer window isn't having a direct impact on this one is delusional.

I also don't think that getting the clubs finances in to good shape is a bad thing at all. Ross has been banging on about this for ages, and rightly so. It'll take time to sort out and make the team competitive - and I mean compete for titles & Champions League - without the sort of ridiculous cash injections that Man City & Chelsea have seen and FSG were never going to do that.

In the meantime it's disappointing we have to make do with the resources we have at our disposal - but maybe it will tease us in to overachieving for a change.
Yep.

But the internet is a digital world so maybe it's inherent to be black or white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom