• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point, but regrettably there seems little doubt that ten Hag has them going in the right direction. I thought they missed a trick not appointing Pochettino but ten Hag has really got a grip on the whole place.

Interesting point, but regrettably there seems little doubt that ten Hag has them going in the right direction. I thought they missed a trick not appointing Pochettino but ten Hag has really got a grip on the whole place.

Yeah, agree with this. Ten Hag appears to really have a strong enough personality to hold things together and a vision for how to improve the side. And he's bringing youth through as well, which will either save transfer fees or generate them as sales. He's getting a tune out of Rashford and has their defense operating well. It was inevitable but I wish it could have waited one or two managers more.

Yes Ten Hag has done well, he spent £200m on players. He got a DM which protected the back four and they've looked solid defensively.
Eddie Howe has done better as he is 3rd, hasn't made mega signings but he has made a few with his biggest outlay is Isak.
Now if Klopp had half the riches of any of top flight managers in the PL, imagine what he'd be able to do.
Chelsea are looking at young recruits but are paying anything between 10 and £20m
Us we are looking at a few hundred Ks to couple of million for the talent
Fuck FSG

I suppose on the positive side a lot of Uniteds big players are around the late 20s / 30 mark so there’s still a bit of churn to come. They are however loaded and he’s signing some players at good ages.

Yes Ten Hag has done well, he spent £200m on players. He got a DM which protected the back four and they've looked solid defensively.
Eddie Howe has done better as he is 3rd, hasn't made mega signings but he has made a few with his biggest outlay is Isak.
Now if Klopp had half the riches of any of top flight managers in the PL, imagine what he'd be able to do.
Chelsea are looking at young recruits but are paying anything between 10 and £20m
Us we are looking at a few hundred Ks to couple of million for the talent
Fuck FSG

We've also been linked to many players at 70+ million too. We've abandoned the middle ground between youth prospects and superstars.

We've also been linked to many players at 70+ million too. We've abandoned the middle ground between youth prospects and superstars.
Gakpo, Jota, Konate and Diaz signings would indicate you're wrong. The issue is we are not signing enough players, which is all down to the amount that's given to Klopp and the Sporting Director.
What's the financial reasoning for letting so many players walking out for free?

Gakpo, Jota, Konate and Diaz signings would indicate you're wrong. The issue is we are not signing enough players, which is all down to the amount that's given to Klopp and the Sporting Director.
What's the financial reasoning for letting so many players walking out for free?
Because they’re shit sick notes which nobody would buy off us. Or we overvalued them by a ridiculous amount.

Weghorst on loan to Utd. Clever signing and they look a shoe in for finishing in the top 4.
Doubt we have a chance but catching Newcastle is our only hope I reckon.

Weghorst on loan to Utd. Clever signing and they look a shoe in for finishing in the top 4.
Doubt we have a chance but catching Newcastle is our only hope I reckon.

Your English is light years ahead of my Norwegian (all I know is "drittsekk") but it's "shoo-in", as in a shepherd shooing sheep into their pen. "Shoe in" is what you do when Jordan Pickford's on the ground in front of you and your boot is about to make violent contact with his head.

Your English is light years ahead of my Norwegian (all I know is "drittsekk") but it's "shoo-in", as in a shepherd shooing sheep into their pen. "Shoe in" is what you do when Jordan Pickford's on the ground in front of you and your boot is about to make violent contact with his head.

Probably due to me being a Woolyback, the dodgy water over here and the fact we've all got 12 toes, but I didn't know the shoo-in thing either.

Probably due to me being a Woolyback, the dodgy water over here and the fact we've all got 12 toes, but I didn't know the shoo-in thing either.

One of my two favourite pedantic points; shoo-in and moot point. Trigger on both EVERY single time

Oh and throw in "put xxx on either end" - when you mean BOTH ends

Man Utd and Tottenham will have could decide the title early. If we can capitalize on any dropped pts, that will be great - not holding out much hope though...

Looking at City, I imagine they will also run into problems when they have to replace the old guard, even if they are flush.
Rodri keeps things together, protecting the back line, De Bruyne is the attacking playmaker, Gundogan a link between.
All of them will need replacing in the next two seasons.

FFP??????????????????????????????

300m net spend in last 6 months for a club that'll finish like -7-8th. WTF!

AND they're rocking with a 26 man squad (27 if they sign this fella), is that fucking legal too????????????????

ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Looking at City, I imagine they will also run into problems when they have to replace the old guard, even if they are flush.
Rodri keeps things together, protecting the back line, De Bruyne is the attacking playmaker, Gundogan a link between.
All of them will need replacing in the next two seasons.
They’ll make up a new company, channel a few hundred million into from the club owner and sign a sponsorship deal using that money. Bingo, £300 million for players.

Not that I agree with the seemingly scatter gun approach but at least there's something to "cheer" or be positive about for them even when things are done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom