• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tired Old Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insignificance

Bad to the bone
We wave goodbye to Woy, and Fat Sam might retire too. It doesn't sound like a big loss to English football instantly, but they have been big part of the footballsociety. They are the spareheads for the old school british managers and they as a group are loved and hated. We see still some of them around PL (Moyes, Dyche etc), and probably even more in Championship (not followed) and I am allways fascinated why clubs with ambitions go down that road when they try to renew. But again and again I stand corrected and surprised how they still deliver something for their club.

I mean, I am no fan of either of them, nor their likes of football. I hate to see us struggle against Burnley, WBA and so on. But it is no doubt that over two games this season WBA has caused us more trouble than Leipzig did over two games in CL last ko round. Other things to consider is that de Boer and Bilic, with good reputations from abroad, offered Palace and WBA/West Ham less than Roy and Fat Sam have done. It is a funny old game.

If we look at their legacy and what they brought it is easy to ciriticize them for being one dimentional, lack innovation etc. Is there still a place for these style of managers in PL if we look ahead? Is it as easy that we just put out a Sammy Lee as assitant manager and he have the players run around his cones and they still compete with all these fancy methods we see these days?

I love the tactical game and we need a variety of tactics. It is probably not possible to put everything down to managers either, but have i.e. Allardyce got as much out of his Everton team, as Ancelotti has got out of his Everton team, and Barcelona coach Koeman got out of his Everton team?

I will sure miss both Fat Sam (need someone to hate) and Woy (Need someone to laugh at) but I still have huge respect for what they have got out of their careers.

It's not the style of play that gets me. I have no issue with a defensive, direct, pragmatic style. Do what you must to get the result.

It's the fact that they're horrible, arrogant cunts that means I won't be shedding any tears over them going.

They're also part of that group of English managers that just gets a new manager job despite results or playing style.
Several of these clubs would have been better off without going for an expensive short term solution which Allardyce is the poster boy for.
Will be good to see the back of all of them, and create some chances for new, up and coming managers who view football a bit differently.

Sam Allardyce is entitled to have his teams play whatever way they want but he also has to recognise that the bigger teams don't want to play that way and not be a cunt about it. I remember him saying he didn't get enough respect because he is English, which is you know, a load of bollocks. I understand why clubs parachute the likes of him in to try stop relegation, but can't see why anybody would want him long term. Further down the list I don't see how pricks like Pardew kept getting hired.

I understand the point of the post but I'm also happy eg Mark Hughes hasn't waltzed back into another job.

To be fair, David Moyes has bucked the trend this season

Sam Allardyce is entitled to have his teams play whatever way they want but he also has to recognise that the bigger teams don't want to play that way and not be a cunt about it. I remember him saying he didn't get enough respect because he is English, which is you know, a load of bollocks. I understand why clubs parachute the likes of him in to try stop relegation, but can't see why anybody would want him long term.

Sure, but is he that different to latter day Mourinho? Parks the bus, gets middling results, leaves in a huff after a couple years.

I will happily never consider the names of either of those utter wankers again. Or that miserable cunt that looks like Griphook... See? I've already forgotten that disgusting hobgoblin's name.

Nuno would be my chioce if Klopp left. ...........PLEASE PLEASE dont leave us Jurgen

Big Sam still not happy...

West Brom boss Sam Allardyce hit out at what he called “disgusting” comments from West Ham’s Michail Antonio about his side’s style of football, in a bizarre rant following Wednesday’s Premier League clash.

The Hammers got their European push back on track with victory over the already-relegated Baggies, Antonio’s late strike rounding off of 3-0 win.

After the game, Allardyce confirmed that he will leave the club at the end of the season, having rejected the chance to stay on and try to lead the club back into the top flight.

The former England manager also to exception to Antonio’s post-match interview, in which he described West Brom’s style as “Big guys, hitting the channel”, adding: “You know how Sam always plays.”

Antonio also praised West Brom’s “free-flowing football” but his remarks still left Allardyce furious.

Can't stand either of them. Miserable cunts with chips on their shoulders. We know from experience sadly that you can’t possibly be remotely optimistic or excited when Hodgson is named as your manager and I can only imagine that it must be the same if your club names Fat Sam as the new manager.

I doubt Allardyce will actually retire. He has said he is retiring before. Some desperate team will give him a call halfway through next season and he’ll be back.

My 30 seconds of reading into why Nuno is leaving would indicate that he’s been away from family for too long because of the pandemic and won’t be staying in England

Oh that's understandable. If I was capable of living in cascais on the beach for the rest of my life and the alternative was Wolverhampton. Well. It needs no further consideration.

Wonder who spurs will go for though?

My 30 seconds of reading into why Nuno is leaving would indicate that he’s been away from family for too long because of the pandemic and won’t be staying in England

There is also the rumor that the Wolves owners are scaling back their ambitions and there may not be a lot of money to invest. Contract extensions at an impasse for several players. There could be an opportunity to pick up some good players from them over the next two seasons.

There is also the rumor that the Wolves owners are scaling back their ambitions and there may not be a lot of money to invest. Contract extensions at an impasse for several players. There could be an opportunity to pick up some good players from them over the next two seasons.
Definitely not the next club for Gerrard then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom