1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Ticketing System

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by tombrown, Sep 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

LFC have appointed a new Sales Prevention Director over the summer so this is no surprise. The customer service is fucking shit. I think they're approach to it is, if you don't like it there's another hundred thousand dickheads who'll take your place so fuck off.

2. tombrown

tombrown Part of the Furniture Member

Tony Barrett sorted me :)

Well - my mates lad sent him an email and 30 minutes later the NFC option enabled. Its probably just coincidence

But you are right, the whole thing is a joke. Even if I got a message to say the NFC pass may take a few days to become active, I would have been fine, but they leave you in limbo not knowing what is happening. And this idea of making me queue with thousands of fans who are trying to buy tickets when all I want to do is access one I already bought is madness.

I guess it will improve over time

3. beejay

beejay Very Active Member

I've got exactly the same problem as you. But I am a season ticket holder and found for the Chelsea game that I could press the  DISTRIBUTE button and send the ticket to myself.

I keep waiting now for the DOWNLOAD button to be enabled but if not I will have to  try the distribute-myself way again. My phone is Android while my 2 lads who have  IPhones work just fine

4. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, although I only purchased this evening. Am I best distributing it to myself or waiting for this NFC option to spark into life?

It takes 72 hours after you become a member for the NFC to be able to be downloaded. I became a member this evening... Super system.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  5. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever From Doubter to Believer -Cashed out to Cashed Up Member

Such a terrible attitude

6. Brizzle

Brizzle Very Well-Known Member

I've not noticed any problems with the ticket system - but I got membership in the summer and enabled the NFC pass around the same time. It seems those signing up after what was meant to be a 'one off - everyone do it' window has screwed their approach!

Still - the logic is there, they want to stop hoarding of fan cards and have better knowledge of who is in the ground. You can kinda see a longer term plan about selling targeted advertising once they trust the data for who is actually there. Painful though!

7. Brizzle

Have to say that I for one, was shocked to learn that your full name is Thomas Brown.

momoWASboss likes this.
  8. tombrown

I'm sure its teething problems, but the fact it took 4 days for the NFC option to become active without any notification to me it would take that long, is something that could cause stress & confusion. Also the fact that to retrieve my ticket I have to login to the ticketing website, which, if there is a sale ongoing (that is the case almost every day) means I have to join a queue thousands long, is madness.

On the flip side, my ticket for the Palace match was bought by a friend of my mate's lad on his fan card and transferred to me, and I could download the NFC (this time from a PDF rather than the ticketing website) immediately.

Were you expecting Thomasina? Only my ma calls me Thomas

9. Brizzle

I've seen the queue thing every time I log in but most of the time it lasts about 10 seconds (that's what she said..).

I also got a Palace ticket courtesy of a site member distributing it to me. Very easy system, it just needs critical mass of members with active NFC passes.

10. The Nomad

The Nomad Well-Known Member

So you can still transfer tickets.

Doesn't that make this even more open to fraud/scamming?

11. Brizzle

As a recipient you are unlikely to travel with a fake ticket? Or travel to meet someone who doesn't appear? Also full traceability of ticket source to the club.

The ticket downloads on to your phone into your Apple/Google wallet like an e-boarding pass for a plane.

12. tombrown

Touts all out with their smart phones ready to do transfers to punters

13. Brizzle

Probably - but at least you aren't at risk (or the same level of risk) of fake printed tickets. And if anything goes wrong you have the details of where it came from. Plus touts would need to be the original buyer of the ticket as I don't think tickets can go through more than one distribution?

14. The Nomad

The Nomad Well-Known Member

Just went on a 3rd party selling site.. c.£150-200 per ticket for this weekends game.

Scandalous.

15. the count

the count SCM's least favourite muppet Honorary Member

I thought you could only transfer tickets to designated "family and friends"?
    Not to any randomer.

16. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

Yeah same. Also my season ticket is in someone else's name (my uncle) and this year he gets 30% off for being old. So I have to transfer his ticket to me, and I don't get charged any extra.

I'm not being funny but I've built databases used by millions of people that have far more complicated functionality than this and they work. Their IT and support services are fucking shite.

the count likes this.
  17. Brizzle

Agreed! They outsourced a huge programme called 'Fan Connect' to IBM, and also hired the CTO from IBM (i suspect the two are linked in some weird way) so it is absolutely no surprise to me that they cut corners and completely fucked up.

18. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

This morning I was granted the option of downloading the NFC pass from the Ticket tab rather than Membership tab as mentioned in the FAQs. The first three attempts at downloading had errors and then it worked on the fourth attempt. I had to queue to get into the website each time. The process is maddening and needs ironing out. NFC passes need be available the moment after purchase. It can't be that complicated.

19. tombrown

I think that is true for ST holders only. Members who buy tickets seem to be able to transfer to anyone. In fact the guy who got me the ticket for the Palace match only needed my email address, so I don't even need to hold a fan card in that case

the count likes this.
  20. rubans

rubans Well-Known Member

Still surprised IBM exist.
    The amount of crap they sell and projects they consult on is disproprtiante to what they successfully deliver on. Totally shite from all levels.

Hass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.