• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Mo Contract Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shit story from the Mirror and some unknown journo.
I call massive BS.

Is he really?
He's somewhere below the Messi and Ronaldo bracket.

Firstly, given the astronomical wages that show up in our accounts, I seriously doubt the likes of Salah are on the reported 200k a week. I suspect he already makes something in the region of 350k with all the bonuses etc. That's what the likes of de Bruyne make, so no reason Salah will be on for something significantly less.

I wouldn't at all be surprised that his agent wants 500k, nor would I be surprised to see us agree to a contract where he ends up making 400k+ a week.

If the likes of Mbappe and Haaland want like a 1 million a week, can you really blame his agent for asking for 500k?

He’s not getting that so if he won’t sign, cash in.

We’ve lost players just as good and gone on to be better off because of it.

Team comes first.

Firstly, given the astronomical wages that show up in our accounts, I seriously doubt the likes of Salah are on the reported 200k a week. I suspect he already makes something in the region of 350k with all the bonuses etc. That's what the likes of de Bruyne make, so no reason Salah will be on for something significantly less.

I wouldn't at all be surprised that his agent wants 500k, nor would I be surprised to see us agree to a contract where he ends up making 400k+ a week.

If the likes of Mbappe and Haaland want like a 1 million a week, can you really blame his agent for asking for 500k?
It also begs the question what his agent wants too?

The other scenario is that we simply let his contract run down...so we get this season and next season out of him...hell be 31 I think by that time? I know Salah is a great player but I don't think tying him down to a long contract worth 500k a week into his mid 30 is a good deal for us. Rinse him and then let him go to the team that he desires.

The other scenario is that we simply let his contract run down...so we get this season and next season out of him...hell be 31 I think by that time? I know Salah is a great player but I don't think tying him down to a long contract worth 500k a week into his mid 30 is a good deal for us. Rinse him and then let him go to the team that he desires.

This is a good plan, not being horrible but I have seen a slight decline in him in the past two seasons anyway. There is no way we should sign him up on an expensive contract for that long. He will not last that long at the top.

£500k a week is astronomical but it's also the going rate for one of the best forwards in the game. I don't think we will pay it and I think it means he will be sold next summer. I'd rather keep him but there's no way the club is going to take that sort of financial hit.

Can't blame him for wanting it when looking at some of the other top paid players and what they deliver compared to him.

Maybe he just gave FSG a reason to sell

Well... he’s one of the few that could be used to fund a couple of decent signings.

Maybe PSG might fancy him next season after Mbappe goes to Real.

$120m+ could fund the likes of Doku, Bellingham & Bissouma in one hit.

Sports science or not, he will be 31 when his current deal expires.
It would not be wise to sign him up on such a massive deal.

Based on media reports, this is what some of Salah's peers in the Premier League are earning:

Ronaldo - 480k (plus bonuses, image rights etc.)
Lukaku - 450k
Grealish - 380k
De Bruyne - 375k
De Gea - 375k
Aubameyang - 350k
Sterling - 300k
Kane - 300k

The same reports will have you believe that Salah is on 200k a week, which I call bullshit. I'm certain that he's in the de Bruyne range already, and is probably now looking for something in the Lukaku range.

Based on media reports, this is what some of Salah's peers in the Premier League are earning:

Lukaku - 450k
Grealish - 380k
De Bruyne - 375k
De Gea - 375k
Aubameyang - 350k
Sterling - 300k
Kane - 300k

The same reports will have you believe that Salah is on 200k a week, which I call bullshit. I'm certain that he's in the de Bruyne range already, and is probably now looking for something in the Lukaku range.
Can't believe De Bruyne would be on less than Grealish.

Yep, a lots made on us paying based on performance bonuses, with people assuming the performance bonuses take the wage to £200k, it's much more likely that's the basic and like you say bonuses take him much higher.

If he signs a new contract which allows those bonuses to take him to £400-500k, even if it includes an increase in basic, cool tbh, I think people sometimes forget were talking about the best player in the world in his position, we've all been too burnt by peak Suarez, Coutinho, Alonso and Torres leaving us in the past that we don't know that this is how you keep the best players, you pay them.

He will be the hardest one to replace out of out front 3 and with the other 2 performance already dropping off, his stock for us has never been higher with all things considered and can’t blame him with the current market for demanding 500k but we ain’t going to pay it as base but maybe with bonus can get close to it. Club have done a good job with contract renewals this season so let’s see.
Pity didn’t get resolved one way or another this summer when there was time but would still rather keep him this season and take a hit on his resale value as he just does so much for the team.

The 500k figure is probably a mix of newspaper bullshit and Salah's agent negotiating. I doubt he'll end up getting that much, and even if he does it will be based on bonuses etc.

I think the club should probably give him the contract to be honest. We are not gonna get the kind of money for him that we would have got last summer or even this summer, and he is clearly the strongest of our forwards so would cost more to replace.

Lukaku - 450k
Grealish - 380k
De Bruyne - 375k
De Gea - 375k
Aubameyang - 350k
Sterling - 300k
Kane - 300k

You just know that Ronaldo signing is going to cause unrest at UTD..

Pogba and Fernandes will most certainly be having a winge..

Regarding Salah..

He will be re invented as a CF when he is in his early 30s.. just need to up his physical element of his game, which already is one of the strongest for a forward/winger in this league. He will be playing at the Top Level and scoring goals till he is 35m imho..

He is that type player...

I always lol when people talk about our performance related pay. It's the new " the shirts sales will cover the transfer costs" bullshit.

We have a small squad and a top 5 payroll in the world. We've gone from a payroll of 310m when we won nothing to a payroll of 325 and then 350m in seasons we won things and people think performance related pay accounts for half or more of our players salaries.

We pay our stars top level salaries, not 150k plus bonuses.

Last edited:
I always lol when people talk about our performance related pay. It's the new " the shirts sales will cover the transfer costs" bullshit.

We have a small squad and a top 5 payroll in the world. We've gone from a payroll of 310m when we won nothing to a payroll of 325 and then 350m in seasons we won things and people think performance related pay accounts for half or more of our players salaries.

We pay our stars top level salaries, not 150k plus bonuses.

Do players only get bonuses for actually winning a trophy? Or would they get bonuses for things like goals scored, clean sheets, or actually just winning matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom