• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Firmino problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
After his assist on Saturday, as far as I'm concerned, he can sunbathe in the centre circle with a couple of girls and a bottle of vodka whenever he likes. 'Twas sublime.

Reactions: HC
He'll come good. But he needs resting sometimes, and he needs dropping sometimes, and not doing either of those things is one of Klopps few strange weaknesses in my humble opinion.

I might sound like a broken record mentioning this again but we should have sold Origi two years ago, after the CL final and used the money to buy a better striker. Firmino just doesn't have any competition. You could say Jota but he's not really a striker. Actually Firmino isn't really a striker. He lacks the killer instinct in front of goal that strikers in other top teams have. Don't get me wrong I mean on his day he can be world class but I kinda wish we had someone like, I don't know maybe Ings, in some games.
We were gonna get Werner so I guess that gives me some reassurance that the position is being looked at, but something really needs to be done about it this summer.

Last edited:
I have far more patience with Firmino when Jota is also fit and firing, but when it's not its clear Bobby cannot and should not be an automatic starter at this level.

His performances vary from the sublime, to donkey, to anonymous, to involved but non threatening, so you never know what you're going to get. That inconsistency damages the fluidity of our attack.

He was boss last night, he also had the assist of the season at the weekend, he also had a goal ruled out last night that possibly Hawkeye gives him?

He was boss last night, he also had the assist of the season at the weekend, he also had a goal ruled out last night that possibly Hawkeye gives him?
Joke again that wasn't it? Where's the proof that went out? Looked in to me... Just

Hahaha, people can single out Firmino's sublime assist for Salah's goal against Leicester, pick out his goal against Spurs, this pass, that header, etc, and make up a case for his name to appear on the starting lineup, they can say all they want, the truth is Firmino is the match maker we cant afford to lose. He is not the prolific goal scorer there is, but he is the one who makes things happen for our team. He is our number 9 Si Senor.

Time he was benched, I'd say. And if'n he returns, maybe try him further deeper, after all he did start life as a defensive midfielder, didn't he?

In another thread, I said that Firmino has been integral to the way we have played and the success we have had. It was easy to overlook his lack of goals as long as he was knitting things together, dropping deep and overcoming our lack of creativity or when he was drifting wide to help overload the flanks. In addition he had tricks and flicks to set up goals while chipping in with the odd goal of his own.

However, if that aspect of his game goes (and it looks as if it has gone), his (and the team's) lack of goals together with the rather basic midfield's lack of thrust are readily apparent. Liverpool starts looking an ordinary team.

That said, we had sort of anticipated his [gradual] decline with that purchase of Jota but I doubt that many would have forecast the precipitous nature of the decline in Firmino's performances.

Not good enough to lead the line anymore I’m afraid.

Need to go all out for Haaland

Of course. He's 29, just hitting his peak now.

I was hoping bobby wasn’t going to be one of those Brazilians who’s careers nose dived in their late twenties, seems to be quite a frequent thing.

I was hoping bobby wasn’t going to be one of those Brazilians who’s careers nose dived in their late twenties, seems to be quite a frequent thing.

Its usually after they've won a few big trophies as opposed to an age thing. But yeah he looks like he's taken that option.

People talking up his sublime assist against Leicester as proof of why he's still got it are kind of missing the point, one moment of flashy brilliance every couple of games is exactly what you'd expect from a luxury player thats past his best. Hes turned into the Brazilian version of Berbatov.

Pointed this out elsewhere on the site
2018/19
Salah 27
Mane 26
Frimino 16

2019/20
Salah 23
Mane 20
Frimino 10

2020/21 (Thus Far)
Salah 24
Mane 11
Frimino 6

Bobby looks on course to score a simular goal tally to last season , if not more...
Frimino is the one who creates the chances for Salah and Mane. It's his little touches and flicks that unlocks defeneces.
But with losing our CB's,and moving Fab's and Henderson to CB, we have lost the ablity to press team effctively high up field and playing the ball forward quickly getting the best use out of the front three especially out of Frimino

what was this? Did it involve lizards?
It was something about agents bribing officials to get their player a cap, which then got them a big money move and then them fading to nothing ... or maybe it was something about peds ... don't think lizards were involved in this one.

Edit : Lizards are, of course, involved in everything, what I mean is they were not explicitly mentioned

It was something about agents bribing officials to get their player a cap, which then got them a big money move and then them fading to nothing ... or maybe it was something about peds ... don't think lizards were involved in this one.

Edit : Lizards are, of course, involved in everything, what I mean is they were not explicitly mentioned

I do vaguely remember this. There’s definitely something to the cap theory but bobby is/was a decent player. Rivaldo and Ronaldinho both fell off a cliff at around 30, it’s not the rule but the Brazilian fade is real.

Clearly the lizards been gene editing in South America on top of everything else.

And TRR (the Real Ronaldo). Injuries but he dropped off as well.

He dropped off in his late 20s, he was ridiculously out of shape during his time in Madrid. Same thing happened with Robinho, Kaka and Adriano, went from world class to amateur once they'd bagged a few major honors. Its a genuine pattern with Brazilian "stars"

Sad. He was my absolute favorite player growing up. Unstoppable power, god-mode technique, lethal finishing, and fearless. TRR.

Sad. He was my absolute favorite player growing up. Unstoppable power, god-mode technique, lethal finishing, and fearless. TRR.

Every striker I have seen after watching TRR is insignificant. I don't care what people say about the guy at Barca or the guy at Juve, but TRR was just a force of nature. When he ran with the ball at his feet towards a crowded defense - it was like the human version of a tiger, and unlike the current two we see given awards year after year - all I can say is that TRR was naturally created, the other two are like specific genetic engineered football they lack intensity when they do shine and there is something about both C.Ronaldo and Messi that for whatever fucking reason I just cannot rate them like the previous generation of players. I'll be honest they are consistent but fucking boring compared to the likes of Suarez who to me was a throw back to TRR type intensity.

I believe it’s a team thing. Everything worked perfectly when the team was fit and all the cogs of the machine were meshing together. Sadly the main cog got crocked which destroyed our defence which in turn destroyed our midfield which had a hugely negative impact on our forwards. Without Virg we might have been ok if Joel and Jo had stayed fit but that was never likely.

Yeah it was when we bought him. Agents used to pay backhanders to get people Brazil caps, and there's people in jail because of it. I think. I mean don't listen to me, I'm not very reliable

Every striker I have seen after watching TRR is insignificant. I don't care what people say about the guy at Barca or the guy at Juve, but TRR was just a force of nature. When he ran with the ball at his feet towards a crowded defense - it was like the human version of a tiger, and unlike the current two we see given awards year after year - all I can say is that TRR was naturally created, the other two are like specific genetic engineered football they lack intensity when they do shine and there is something about both C.Ronaldo and Messi that for whatever fucking reason I just cannot rate them like the previous generation of players. I'll be honest they are consistent but fucking boring compared to the likes of Suarez who to me was a throw back to TRR type intensity.

This. I miss watching that toothy grin and triangle bangs make defenders look like cones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom