• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The FIFA President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
"FIFAs money is your money", said Infantino emphatically 7 years ago.
Yesterday he was elected for a new 4 year period and had no running candidate that challenged him.
He received a 20% wage increase in 2022.
As a football supporter you thought things would change when Blatter was removed, but it probably has gotten even worse. Just look at this speech from yesterday:

https://tv.vg.no/video/261022/infantino-hvorfor-er-dere-sa-slemme

Is it the Presidency and system that creates these power hungry maniacs or is it possible for some change at some point?
The UEFA President, Ceferin, is equally bad btw.

The Norwegian representative at FIFA didn't vote for Infantino and she's the kind of person the organization needs to spearhead a much needed change. Sadly her voice will be drowned out and it wont ever happen.
If Lennart Johannsson wins that famous election in '98 against Blatter you'd wonder if things would have looked different.

For an organization that claims it wants the best for football its insane to see the new set up for the 2026 World cup with an expansion to 48 teams. The tournament runs for 39 days and isnt finished until the 19th of July. The 2026/27 season will be horrendous for so many players.

At some point there will surely be some kind of football revolution? This cant go on forever? Can it?

I have to declare a kind of interest in responding to this, in that I believe and have long believed Hillsborough was above all the fault of the FA, whom I've loathed ever since, which in turn has coloured my view of football administrators generally.

That said, I'm afraid my answer to your final question is "Oh yes it can". Since football became a branch of show business and big money got involved, the job has either attracted crooks or turned people into crooks. I don't think such things will change unless and until the whole football bubble bursts.

You’d think that this cant continue forever. At some point there will be a change. Sadly as you say, these types of positions attracts the type of people you dont want in power.

I have to declare a kind of interest in responding to this, in that I believe and have long believed Hillsborough was above all the fault of the FA, whom I've loathed ever since, which in turn has coloured my view of football administrators generally.

That said, I'm afraid my answer to your final question is "Oh yes it can". Since football became a branch of show business and big money got involved, the job has either attracted crooks or turned people into crooks. I don't think such things will change unless and until the whole football bubble bursts.

Totally agree and how these cunts have gotten away with what happened at Hillsborough leaves me stunned to this day, also I see they voted for the re-election of Ceferin, this after what UEFA let happen at last season Champions League. Honestly I do wonder if the clubs were right to set up a European Superleague, I trust the clubs to organise their own shit rather than UEFA/FIFA.

What really riled me about the FA was the fact they issued an apology for allowing Hilsborough to go ahead when there was no safety cert in place. The apology came 23 years later when the independent report was published. So the reality is, like UEFA, they were apologising for being found out, not for the fact which they knew about all that time.

FIFA, UEFA, FA all corrupt

Totally agree and how these cunts have gotten away with what happened at Hillsborough leaves me stunned to this day, also I see they voted for the re-election of Ceferin, this after what UEFA let happen at last season Champions League. Honestly I do wonder if the clubs were right to set up a European Superleague, I trust the clubs to organise their own shit rather than UEFA/FIFA.

Yeah, voting Ceferin back in was appalling, though regrettably not a surprise.

As far as a Super League goes, though, I'd have to hold my nose and support the football authorities on that. If it were to come in, the ordinary fan will count for nothing ever again - big money will have taken over completely. The current situation is far from perfect but a Super League would be even worse IMO.

Regarding the expansion of the World Cup, I like it because us small countries can now potentially qualify.

I would have given more spots to Europe though, as we've got screwed since the Fall of the 'Slavia and 1989 with about a dozen new countries making it harder to make any new tournament. But then again, the FAI is brutal.

As for FIFA, well most of the members are not so wealthy third world countries that are easily bought and can support bad actors who seek election. You can't give UEFA extra power to democratize because well, it would be footballing colonialism. And the countries that preaching democracy the loudest (and rightly so) come from the continent that impoverished a lot of these not so wealthy third world countries over the years. With the exception of Ireland of course :)

We're all so Fecking captive to history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom