• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Ashes

I was away man - Just trying to keep up with it on my phone. Got back a few hours ago and happily I had it recorded. I've just watched the whole thing. Utterly astonishing. That reverse sweep was from the gods! His cuts as well. I so wish I was there. :)

Stokes' achievement was that much more remarkable because he scored those runs against a top quality bowling attack. They aren't pie chuckers.

Stokes' achievement was that much more remarkable because he scored those runs against a top quality bowling attack. They aren't pie chuckers.
Ha! My wife (who is Australian) refuses to watch it. Every-time I try and put on the highlights she swears she'll start supporting Utd if I don't cut it out!

I think Jack Leach also deserves some credit. Last man in, under extreme pressure against top class bowlers and managed to keep his wicket and score to draw. It must have been a great relief to him when Stokes knocked that final ball to win the match.

By the way did anyone see how Leach's hands were shaking when the TV coverage zoomed in on him cleaning his glasses for the eighth time. I felt for him, I can only imagine how nerves and the weight of expectation must have been.

Back
Top Bottom