• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Taking back football!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with Premier League clubs being forced to contribute more to grass roots football. Not sure how anyone could have an issue with that.

I completely agree with Premier League clubs being forced to contribute more to grass roots football. Not sure how anyone could have an issue with that.
How much more?
"The Premier League argues it is still paying seven per cent to grass roots, but £100 million of that goes towards Football League solidarity payments. From the remaining £100 million, £24 million is sent to the Football Foundation, the charity which was due to distribute the profits from the Wembley sale."

How much more?
"The Premier League argues it is still paying seven per cent to grass roots, but £100 million of that goes towards Football League solidarity payments. From the remaining £100 million, £24 million is sent to the Football Foundation, the charity which was due to distribute the profits from the Wembley sale."

100% of profits seems fair.

It’s just propaganda. How much control does a PM have on the Premier League? I’m gonna go with zero. He wants to appeal to the working class and it will be a great sound bite but not even remotely close to where his or his party’s priorities should be.

How much more?

Seven percent, but half of that does not leave the leagues? What a bizarre quote to choose to back up your argument.

Also better than this bell
e7da7cafd4189aff4667411a5cbd57d3.jpg

Premier league clubs are really struggling aren’t they?

As fans we need more. 3pm kick offs are the obvious one and the expense of the packages is too high but why don’t they start with an easy one, why the fuck can we not choose the matches we watch when there are multiple fixtures? City v wolves wasnt televised in the UK, Chelsea v Southampton was for some reason.

I’d dearly love someone else to win the rights just for a change. Best case we get Netflix style service, worst case the piracy continues.

As fans we need more. 3pm kick offs are the obvious one and the expense of the packages is too high but why don’t they start with an easy one, why the fuck can we not choose the matches we watch when there are multiple fixtures? City v wolves wasnt televised in the UK, Chelsea v Southampton was for some reason.

I’d dearly love someone else to win the rights just for a change. Best case we get Netflix style service, worst case the piracy continues.

I have a Netflix style service for football matches. Costs $120 for the year and I love it. All Premier League and UEFA and League Cup matches.

But it is really taking away the opportunity for the less affluent, esp youth, to experience and be a supporter.

I think it's counter intuitive to keeping customers.

I've just renegotiated my virgin broadband & phone deal (which I have to do every year cos they jack the price up loads & I call & say I'm gonna cancel & like magic it comes back down after a half an hour call every bloody year), & they offered me tv with sky sports HD on top of the free bt sports, for just £15 a month more.

If I didn't already have to pay a tenner a month for streaming to watch the 3pm games, I'd have done that, but I'm forced to pay for the streaming anyway, so I may as well watch it all on that.

So Jeremy Corbyn wants to fairly distribute wealth in football, meanwhile his "deputy" wants to bolster the profits of Sky & BT.

Get rid of him Jezzer!

I think it's counter intuitive to keeping customers.

I've just renegotiated my virgin broadband & phone deal (which I have to do every year cos they jack the price up loads & I call & say I'm gonna cancel & like magic it comes back down after a half an hour call every bloody year), & they offered me tv with sky sports HD on top of the free bt sports, for just £15 a month more.

If I didn't already have to pay a tenner a month for streaming to watch the 3pm games, I'd have done that, but I'm forced to pay for the streaming anyway, so I may as well watch it all on that.
What paid streaming service do you use? I'm looking for a good one.

Live overseas. Problem solved

What paid streaming service do you use? I'm looking for a good one.
SmoothStreams, sign ups aren't open though.

I'd advise following them on twitter, & adding alerts for when they tweet. They only tweet every now & then (less than once a week on average) so you wouldn't be bombarded, but they announce on there when sign ups are open, it's usually a 6 or 12 month sign up the first time, (you can change to every 3 months after that) but I've been with them for about 4 years & they've been rock solid for that entire time, & have multiple servers (about 20 odd) to choose from, & usually multiple streams/channels available for each event.

Sometimes the tweets are a bit cryptic, they don't like giving the site addresses out, so if that's the case send me a pm here & I'll send you the link to whatever site has invites open (they have a few sites operating under different names, with the same streams, all under the same SmoothStreams umbrella, presumably to make their activities harder to track).

In the meantime Firestarter is pretty good, had a wobble last week, but overall has been very solid & offers loads of normal channels too.

Planet Steams on Twitter are really good, the stream is a minute behind but the quality is usually pretty good and they don't freeze very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom