• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Steven Gerrard the Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine this for you doubters (inc. me)...say Klopp leaves and we dont give him the job, ... then somehow the shit at united continues and we they think..."worked in the past..."...Stevey is somehow convinced and then becomes United manager. Holy shit....

Its just a matter of time before a prem side takes a gamble on Morelos I reckon. Hes an excellent finisher but mental, for the right manager he would be a serious asset.

He strikes me as a keep it tight and hit them on the the break type of manager. Not exactly playing playing football like eddie howe. Overall its a good first job for him, managing in a pub league. If he stops celtic winning another league this season, it will be a miracle.

I thought this was pretty funny

ai58jm8mfgj31.jpg

Imagine this for you doubters (inc. me)...say Klopp leaves and we dont give him the job, ... then somehow the shit at united continues and we they think..."worked in the past..."...Stevey is somehow convinced and then becomes United manager. Holy shit....

Unlikely

As a manager, all you can ask is that you make the most out of your raw materials. He really is.

As an Irishman, I (surprisingly) kind of want to see him win the league once - just once, to burnish his credentials and move on.

I wonder what a next step would be (if he's successful). Can't be us. Has to be a PL league club or MAYBE a European club first.

Last edited:
As a manager, all you can ask is that you make the most out of your raw materials. He really is.

As an Irishman, I (surprisingly) kind of want to see him win the league once - just once, to burnish his credentials and move on.

I wonder what a next step would be (if he's successful). Can't be us. Has to be a PL league club or MAYBE a European club first.

Next step is to give Celtic a proper beating on Saturday. Might seem like a small step but would really mean a lot towards any shift in balance up there.

He’s doing well but fuck me I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the Anfield job if Klopp left.

He needs to be super successful in a bigger league first.

Can’t see him stopping Celtic getting 10 in a row and he won’t stay long enough to win a title after that

He’s doing well but fuck me I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the Anfield job if Klopp left.

He needs to be super successful in a bigger league first.

Can’t see him stopping Celtic getting 10 in a row and he won’t stay long enough to win a title after that
I can see him stopping Celtic. The odds are against, but he definitely has closed the gap. Rangers played Celtic off the park in the last game at Ibrox in the league.

I can see him stopping Celtic. The odds are against, but he definitely has closed the gap. Rangers played Celtic off the park in the last game at Ibrox in the league.

One off games won’t matter, it’s consistency and squad depth and Celtic dwarf the entire league.

Even if does he should miles away from the job here. There are maybe 6/7 managers in world football with a good enough record that fit the bill for LFC

One off games won’t matter, it’s consistency and squad depth and Celtic dwarf the entire league.

Even if does he should miles away from the job here. There are maybe 6/7 managers in world football with a good enough record that fit the bill for LFC
He will be Liverpool manager at some stage. I don't doubt it. You best make your peace with it.

I doubt it massively but time will tell. He ain’t getting it just from a stint in Scotland. That’s bananas.

We're not talking about just some dude managing Rangers. We're talking about a Steve Gerrard managing in a difficult situation in a goldfish bowl, which Scottish football is. How he deals with it will say a lot about him. So far he has been immaculate, it must be said, much to my surprise.

We're not talking about just some dude managing Rangers. We're talking about a Steve Gerrard managing in a difficult situation in a goldfish bowl, which Scottish football is. How he deals with it will say a lot about him. So far he has been immaculate, it must be said, much to my surprise.
Have to agree with that for now. I honestly thought that given how competitive he was and emotional - he would be close to suicide if his team ever lost a game. He is still alive and well it seems.

Who he is should have the tiniest impact on when if ever he manages LFC. Liverpool is a top 10 job in the world, to get the honour you’d want to have major trophies in one of the big 6.

Indeed he has done well in Scotland but it’s a nothing League and a million miles away from managing Liverpool.

He has exceeded expectations at Rangers given they are an absolute disaster of a club. I think win or lose this will be his last season there and he will need to take on a bigger challenge which is where he will either become the heir apparent to Klopp or just another mid table manager. The tricky part is defining what level of success would be required to put him in the frame for the Liverpool job. Does he need to win something? Make the top 4? Challenge for the title? That seems to be an impossible task given the sorts of clubs that will be looking at him. Unless hes willing to go to the continent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom