• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling Deal Complete: 49 million (44 + 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can probably read that in the way you want. Dont agree about it being a small time club mind.

It can also mean that we give youth a chance if you're good enough.
In those 3 years Raheem went from a youth player to an England starter.
As a young player I'd be quite impressed by that.

The texting part shouldnt be mentioned. Rodgers and Sterlings future relationship means fuck all for anyone.

I think he was just trying to dampen the notion they had fallen out, which Sterling had also done. At least that stops Jono/Redhorizon going off on another thread about Rodgers notorious "terrible" man-management skills.

Yeah, I think so to but I'd be in favour of less is more on that account.
He said they're relationship was fine and that they talked at length before they left on sunday.
Thats enough. Text messages etc is just to much information.

I like the pressers from Rodgers now though. More direct and to the point.

The are very few players who have left us that i haven't then regarded as the enemy. It all depends on how you performed while you were with us and the manner of your departure. Needless to say Sterling is now dead to me.
For others it's quite the opposite. The likes of Kuyt, Luis Garcia, Fowler,Bellamy, Hamann and Barnes I've got nothing but affection for. Maybe it's because they treated the club with respect before and after they left.
Whereas there are plenty of players who i wish only bad luck on. Torres,Mascherano,Suarez,Collymore,Owen,Diouf, all acted like a cunt either to get a transfer away from us or bad mouthed us when they had left. Also anyone who after they have left appears in the a paper under the headline 'My Anfield Hell' they can fuck off too.

The problem is, his agent got what he wanted, and we've been weak again.

Rodgers is far too nice. He needed to get the boot To agent and player.

And yet it was more of this "nice boy" crap.

He's not. He's little shit. He's a disgrace show some teeth Rodgers ffs.

At least king Kenny would sum it up as no one is bigger than the club. Don't let the kid feck us around and make it a consequence free environment. It's almost like Rodgers indeed rands the need to move to a bigger club.

Which really bothers me, since it's in his hands right now.

Sorry mark, he should have handled this better.

The problem is, his agent got what he wanted, and we've been weak again.

Rodgers is far too nice. He needed to get the boot To agent and player.

And yet it was more of this "nice boy" crap.

He's not. He as little shit. He's a disgrace show some teeth Rodgers ffs.
What a load of horseshit.
You really think Rodgers had any say in this?

He's not. He as little shit. He's a disgrace show some teeth Rodgers ffs.

Rodgers didn't stoop to his or his agent's level. I would have loved him to put the boot in but he did the right thing by keeping his counsel and laying on a few platitudes.

Reflects well on the club.

Rodgers didn't stoop to his or his agent's level. I would have loved him to put the boot in but he did the right thing by keeping his counsel and laying on a few platitudes.

Reflects well on the club.

Oh stop, he behaved badly. He's the enemy now. Instead the manager rabbits on about having a great relationship with the kid. To make himself look good. Cringeworthy.

What a load of horseshit.
You really think Rodgers had any say in this?

I think Rodgers has a great say over what comes out of his mouth, and after the kid behaved that way, Rodgers should have said something,. Saying nothing is giving your ok for the way he acted.

Oh stop, he behaved badly. He's the enemy now. Instead the manager rabbits on about having a great relationship with the kid. To make himself look good. Cringeworthy.

For me it's about the club, not Rodgers. If he spouts off, it reflects poorly on us. I hate reading that childish shit in the press and I hate it more when it comes from someone from LFC.

BR bigging himself up with his coaching skills

Yup. He's lost me again, and I was a tough one to lose. Here's where I got off the bus

1. Mid life crisis mullarkey.
2. Stamford bridge applause for gerrard
3. Awful in Europe
4. Self promotion (as above)
5. 6-1 stoke

For me it's about the club, not Rodgers. If he spouts off, it reflects poorly on us. I hate reading that childish shit in the press and I hate it more when it comes from someone from LFC.

Who says it has to be childish? I'm just saying mention,"no one is bigger than the club" and don't be texting nice things to that little judas, and then promoting that fact. Makes it all a-ok.

I think Rodgers has a great say over what comes out of his mouth, and after the kid behaved that way, Rodgers should have said something,. Saying nothing is giving your ok for the way he acted.
What's he supposed to say?
I'm going to spank him naughty boy.
Get real here the little cunt and his agent had this planned a long time and he was going anyway.
Rodgers and the club came out of this looking better because we didn't stoop to their level.
Nothing Rodgers or Henry said could have changed his mind.

Yup. He's lost me again, and I was a tough one to lose.

3. Awful in Europe
5. 6-1 stoke

I don't see much of an issue, all managers do it.

In this instance he is right,

Who says it has to be childish? I'm just saying mention,"no one is bigger than the club" and don't be texting nice things to that little judas, and then promoting that fact. Makes it all a-ok.

I see.

Probably agree with that first bit. The texting bit I don't really care about. He can text who he likes.

I see.

Probably agree with that first bit. The texting bit I don't really care about. He can text who he likes.

Not when he goes on about having a great relationship with the kid after the kid rodgered the club. He represents the club. He's the manager. Sterling should be on his shit list. Not his call list.

Yup. He's lost me again, and I was a tough one to lose. Here's where I got off the bus

3. Awful in Europe
5. 6-1 stoke
Weren't you going to stop supporting the club if Martinez got the job?
So let's not get too high and mighty here.

Get real here the little cunt and his agent had this planned a long time and he was going anyway.
Rodgers and the club came out of this looking better because we didn't stoop to their level.

Say you we appalled. Say no one is bigger than the club. Say you didn't want a troublemaker here anyway. I don't know, but don't make it all a ok and then talk about what a great relationship you have with someone who turned us over.

Ha, out of debating points I see?
Do you know what was the texts really said.
You're debating points on hear say.
The fact is that we didn't bad mouth the player and handled it in a classy way.
It will stand to the club in the future as much as I wanted to let him rot we got the maximum we were going to get and have moved on.

He could have said something brief - I had a good relationship with Sterling. He wanted to move on and right now I am focused on the next season and thats it.

Look at the LFC official message on website. That should have been the template.

He didn't need to go on about texting him, holding our heads high, supporters nurture him blah blah...

It was a bit too "me" and not enough LFC.

I don't care whether Rodgers has a good relationship with Sterling or not, it's way down on our list of priorities and therefore would've hoped it'd be way down on his too at a time like this.

Still, I don't really care particularly. It's not worth getting angsty over anything in the media.

He could have said something brief - I had a good relationship with Sterling. He wanted to move on and right now I am focused on the next season and thats it.

Look at the LFC official message on website. That should have been the template.

He didn't need to go on about texting him, holding our heads high, supporters nurture him blah blah...
He's representing the owners and the club when he speaks to the media so it was never going to be a one liner.
It was cheesy I agree but it's pr and that's the way football is these days.
He's put in a plug for the academy and the fans because it's business.

It wasn't wise to say anything about his relationship with Sterling unless he wanted another saga - and he's lucky (so far) one hasn't started. Lots of hacks would say, 'Well, if you get on so well, why did his camp say he'd not play for you again but would stay if you left?' Which would leave him having to say, 'You'll have to ask him and or his agent about that'. Which is what they'd do. And so it would go on. That WILL come out at some stage. So he really should avoid that area completely. As for the rest of it, fine, but as usual he talks too much.

It wasn't wise to say anything about his relationship with Sterling unless he wanted another saga - and he's lucky (so far) one hasn't started. Lots of hacks would say, 'Well, if you get on so well, why did his camp say he'd not play for you again but would stay if you left?' Which would leave him having to say, 'You'll have to ask him and or his agent about that'. Which is what they'd do. And so it would go on. That WILL come out at some stage. So he really should avoid that area completely. As for the rest of it, fine, but as usual he talks too much.

Yes. He really isn't secure in his position as a manager yet. Less said, more unknown.

As Keni said, it was a bit too about "me". I think you can be classy but also put some eejits like him and his agent in the back of the net. Kenny did it well.

Do you know what was the texts really said.
You're debating points on hear say.
The fact is that we didn't bad mouth the player and handled it in a classy way.
It will stand to the club in the future as much as I wanted to let him rot we got the maximum we were going to get and have moved on.

All Hail the Leo one!

People really do read too much into his interviews, there's always going to be something there if you look for it. We handled it in a dignified way, he maybe tried to stress too hard that there wasn't an issue, but people are seriously, unsurprisingly, blowing it out of proportion.

It's getting really fucking boring now.

People really do read too much into his interviews, there's always going to be something there if you look for it.

The thing is, Mark - people read too much into ALL managers' interviews. That's why most managers learn not to say much at all. He needs to be more aware of it and change accordingly, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom