• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should they stay or should they go.

So while our sapped of energy manager is struggling to get a tune out the players, our CEO who's been in the position for 5 minutes is sat upstairs point scoring and taking cheap shots? Taking to the new role well then isn't he, how very professional of him. Stupid cunt.
TBH given Nkunku’s injury problems and generally underwhelming season (2 goals compared to Nunez’s 11), this leak doesn’t read as “I told you so” - I think it’s simply a true fact that many people at the club and connected journalists knew for some time and Joyce has decided it was a good time to stick a knife in Nunez.

Would have been different with Kudus, who flourished.

Last edited:
TBH given Nkunku’s injury problems and generally underwhelming season (2 goals compared to Nunez’s 11), this leak doesn’t read as “I told you so” - I think it’s simply a true fact that many people at the club and connected journalists knew for some time and Joyce has decided it was a good time to stick a knife in Nunez.

Would have been different with Kudus, who flourished.

Fun fact.

In the Premier League Christopher Nkunku has a goal every 159 minutes played.

Darwin Nunez has scored a league goal every 180 minutes in the League this season.

As if we'd get rid of Gomez. He's 7/10 every week in whatever back 4 position he plays.

Slobberchops has been getting away with murder. He's god-awful. A few good games at the start of the season, he's been woeful since (albeit some injury). Absolutely zero end product. Amazed he's escaping criticism, I'd play Elliott before him.

Gomez has been 4/10 in his last games and Szobo is a brilliant player. His second season with us will be amazing I reckon. Give him attacking freedom again in his best position.

I don't understand for one second how you can rate him. What's he done? He's got some talent but, a few months ago, cunts were comparing him to Gerrard. Madness. There's a good player there, let's hope next season he's great coz this season he's been lame.

Great players play well in more than a handful of games. Isn't that a given? Slob has done fuck all. He cost £65M.

Slobbers was good up until the injury - which is the same for a stack of our players - Slobbers, Mo, Jota, Konate and CJ all haven’t fired since they returned from injury. Could say the same for Gravy too.

Gakpo was the same earlier in the season, got injured just as he was coming into some form and took far too long to get back into form.

Robbo hasn’t been on it all season and if you add in the dips in form we’ve seen from Gomez (who’s been good otherwise) and Nunez plus Diaz erratic form and thus weird thing with Harvey that he looks better coming off the bench than starting.

Virgil, Alisson, Quansah Mac and to a lesser extent Endo have been consistently good all season.

There’s where our problems lie / not this gash about having to clear out dozens of players and bring in an entire new teams worth - we need to find better ways of getting players in form and maintaining that form and not have so many players off the boil at critical moments - I don’t know whether that’s a mental problem or to do with the coaching.

I suppose we could blame Pep Ljinders.

Slobbers was good up until the injury - which is the same for a stack of our players - Slobbers, Mo, Jota, Konate and CJ all haven’t fired since they returned from injury. Could say the same for Gravy too.

Gakpo was the same earlier in the season, got injured just as he was coming into some form and took far too long to get back into form.

Robbo hasn’t been on it all season and if you add in the dips in form we’ve seen from Gomez (who’s been good otherwise) and Nunez plus Diaz erratic form and thus weird thing with Harvey that he looks better coming off the bench than starting.

Virgil, Alisson, Quansah Mac and to a lesser extent Endo have been consistently good all season.

There’s where our problems lie / not this gash about having to clear out dozens of players and bring in an entire new teams worth - we need to find better ways of getting players in form and maintaining that form and not have so many players off the boil at critical moments - I don’t know whether that’s a mental problem or to do with the coaching.

Szobo started becoming shit before the injury. He was clearly overworked which I'm sure factored into getting injured, too. He stopped being able to trap a ball or pass it five yards. Since returning he hasn't looked much better.

Looked amazing at the start of the year. We need him to get back to that.

As if we'd get rid of Gomez. He's 7/10 every week in whatever back 4 position he plays.

Slobberchops has been getting away with murder. He's god-awful. A few good games at the start of the season, he's been woeful since (albeit some injury). Absolutely zero end product. Amazed he's escaping criticism, I'd play Elliott before him.
I wish he was 7/10 ! Oh how much I wish he was.

I'm beginning to think that injuries, form (fatigue) and our consistently slow starts to matches can (at least in part) be blamed on the extreme nature of our training. But what the fuck do I know, I'm sure the monitoring coaches could tell us a thing or two.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think that injuries, form (fatigue) and our consistently slow starts to matches can be (at least in part) be blamed on the extreme nature of our training. But what the fuck do I know, I'm sure the monitoring coaches could tell us a thing or two.

Wasn’t there some Dutch fitness coach that was highly critical of Klopp and his training regime - pretty sure we all called him a c**t at the time, but maybe he had a point.

Klopp is a very “full throttle” sort of guy and we see what happens when he runs out of gas.

Back
Top Bottom