• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Should LFC offer Adam Lallana a new contract

Prefix for Poll Threads

So should he be offered a contract extension..?

• YES

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • NO

Votes: 42 89.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donavan Ried

Alive and still kicking, Just
With Minamino a new arrival at the club, contract talks to start about giving Gini Wijnaldum a contract extension and Curtis Jones breaking into the first team should we be looking to keep Adam Lallana this summer or move him on...
This is only my opinion, but I felt that he should have been sold a couple of seasons ago.
For all his hard work, and he does work hard, I'll give him that. In terms of end product, whether it be a decent lay off, a telling pass or in goal scored he offer so little. There are so many players out there that can offer so much more.
So should he be offered a contract extension..?

Last edited:
Who's Alan?

eba57eaaba220ceb55fa3f4ade676eb9.jpg

I don't think he offers enough for his wages .. wave bye bye and promote one of the kids.

Yes, absolutely we should.

As long as it’s so we can sell him for £25m to Crystal Palace a week later.

How old is he now? I'd assume 30-31?

He's had a relatively decent season, more consistent game time, injuries have been managed better.

Now is the best time to sell him and bring in a long term replacement.

Klopp loves him though so it would not surprise me if he stays.

I'd have no issues if we sold him and simply promoted Curtis Jones & even possibly retain Grujic and give him one season to prove himself.

I wouldn't offer both brothers a contract. ADAM Lallana is too injury prone and ALAN Lallana is an unknown player. So no, won't offer the Lallanas a contract.

Well my first tread and I fucked it up...:shame:
There is are valuable leasons to be had here...

That is Never write something when inebriated, and always proof read :oops:
Title should have read

Should LFC offer Adam Lallana a new contract

Is he only 31? Feels like he's a lot older.

I'm a fan (and have defended him before) and I'm in two minds about him going.

He seems to be a lot more reliable, decisive and determined now that his pace and skill have gone. Maybe he wants to make the most of his limited time left.

Well my first tread and I fucked it up...:shame:
There is are valuable leasons to be had here...

That is Never write something when inebriated, and always proof read :oops:
Title should have read

Should LFC offer Adam Lallana a new contract
You know that you could edit the thread title. There's an option for it.

Is he only 31? Feels like he's a lot older.

I'm a fan (and have defended him before) and I'm in two minds about him going.

He seems to be a lot more reliable, decisive and determined now that his pace and skill have gone. Maybe he wants to make the most of his limited time left.

He never really had any pace. His skill hasn't gone.

I've never been his biggest fan, but he's a useful squad player right now.

Does that merit a contract extension? No.

On the 22nd of Feb 2017 he signed his last contract , on a wage of 120k a week.

In the nearly three years since that contract he's started 18 games and been a sub 32 times. There were 162 competitive games since he signed the contract.

In the last two seasons he contributed no goals or assists. He's got one of each this season.

So since the last contract he's started a little more than 10% of the games, and he's been involved in less than a third of the games.

And he's paid as though he is a first team regular. So the only way he can stay for me is of he takes a very significant wage cut.

But his history really suggests he's not physically capable of playing regular Premier League football. So I wouldn't bother at all.

If he took a 50% pay cut he would be worth keeping. plus he is English so helps with the quota.

This is his last big pay deal, he will probably end up at spurs

On the 22nd of Feb 2017 he signed his last contract , on a wage of 120k a week.

In the nearly three years since that contract he's started 18 games and been a sub 32 times. There were 162 competitive games since he signed the contract.

In the last two seasons he contributed no goals or assists. He's got one of each this season.

So since the last contract he's started a little more than 10% of the games, and he's been involved in less than a third of the games.

And he's paid as though he is a first team regular. So the only way he can stay for me is of he takes a very significant wage cut.

But his history really suggests he's not physically capable of playing regular Premier League football. So I wouldn't bother at all.
There's not much more to be said, even if, like me, you quite like the player.

I'd keep him. If he took some sort of Andy Carrol type contract - say 10k a week basic, then another 75k if he gets a game.

I'd keep him. If he took some sort of Andy Carrol type contract - say 10k a week basic, then another 75k if he gets a game.
Like he'd take that when other teams will offer him more than what he's earning now.
He's got his medals which he obviously contributed a lot in getting so I think he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom