• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should a draw be worth more than 1 point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of 90 mins - no matter the score - ref shouts next goal wins and the scores are cancelled out.

Spider Nets should be allowed as well.
Awwww balls to that. Jumpers as goalposts and rush goalie! :D

At the end of 90 mins - no matter the score - ref shouts next goal wins and the scores are cancelled out.

Spider Nets should be allowed as well.

Og maybe just give him the power to about it at any stage of the game. Imagine how some of these quite smart and wellrespected men would grow further with that responsibility.

Awwww balls to that. Jumpers as goalposts and rush goalie! :D
I reckon if we played rush goalie (we called it 'goalie when ness' incidentally, which is a very rare case of scousers making a name longer instead of as short as possible) we'd be even better than we are now, cos Allison would be up & down that pitch, flying into tackles in midfield, twatting shots from 30 yards, winning headers alongside VVD, before legging it back to pull a worldie of a shot out of the top corner, all whilst looking utterly nonchalant & not breaking a sweat.

Hahahahaha! And you never thought to wonder why it would be called something so random?!

As opposed to "Goalie When Ness"?

That's as bad as the One Bounce rule that allowed for a replay due to forces outside of the participants' control - ie hitting a tree branch, or stone that caused a bad bounce.

"Misundies". Which is short for "misunderstanding".

"No, that doesn't count, misundies"

Hahahahaha! And you never thought to wonder why it would be called something so random?!

It was "Goalie in and out" which meant the keeper could come out and join attacks etc, and "Goalie Red Nest" which meant they had to stay in goal and couldnt come out the box (we didnt have boxes on our local field but you know what i mean).

I just assumed the "Red Nest" part was to do with nesting like a bird and you have to stay put (in goal).

Learn something new every day hey!

I thought it was goalie in nets, and it was when the keeper couldn't come out

Presuming “spider nets” was a Norn Irinbthing given Doc & Athens seem to be the only ones talking about bird nests or Rushie in nets???

Wonder what the Mexicans south of the border called it.... “searching for a decent crisp nets”?

Presuming “spider nets” was a Norn Irinbthing given Doc & Athens seem to be the only ones talking about bird nests or Rushie in nets???

Wonder what the Mexicans south of the border called it.... “searching for a decent crisp nets”?
I think we called it fly nets... as in the goalkeeper could be anyone who was closest to the goal at that time?

I can't remember.

Aye, and if you were designating yourself as a keeper you had to shout something? Or am I imagining that?

We didn't have any set phrase but yes, you'd normally shout something to make it clear you were the keeper to avoid allegations of handball.

We didn't have any set phrase but yes, you'd normally shout something to make it clear you were the keeper to avoid allegations of handball.
Which would end up with someone talking the nick and lifting the ball and going home with it.

I remember we all played 'world cup doubles' and 'one bounce hit' They all sound a bit euphemismy now!

The league in Ireland had an experiment thirty odd years ago where it was one point for a home draw, two for an away draw, three for a home win and four for an away win.
I don't think it lasted more than a season

3 points for a win, bonus point for winning by 3 or more goals without conceding

1 point for a no score draw. 2 points for a score draw

0 for a loss

Edit.. nah that's shit...

Do think there should be a bonus point option though, like something similar to like they have in the 6 Nations

Should you have a negative point(s) for losing badly? It might stop teams just giving up when 2 or 3 down.

If the insinuation is that 1 point from a draw seems insufficient reward for games in which we dominate, but fail to score more than our opponent, then perhaps we should just eliminate “draws” from the game.

We should instead call them “ties” and institute a period of “overtime” wherein the next goal wins or similar. Then we should change our team name to reflect local indigenous wildlife. Like the Liverpool Redbirds or something like that.

If the insinuation is that 1 point from a draw seems insufficient reward for games in which we dominate, but fail to score more than our opponent, then perhaps we should just eliminate “draws” from the game.

We should instead call them “ties” and institute a period of “overtime” wherein the next goal wins or similar. Then we should change our team name to reflect local indigenous wildlife. Like the Liverpool Redbirds or something like that.
Mmmmmm. Hotdogs...

Should you have a negative point(s) for losing badly? It might stop teams just giving up when 2 or 3 down.

I think I suggested this idea many years ago – add an extra point for winning by 3 goals or more, deduct a point for losing by 3 or more. Maybe even consider extra 2 points for winning/losing by 5. This way even games between mismatched opponents will be competitive.

The downside of this is that it might disproportionally benefit the likes of Man City or PSG.

Fly keeper where I grew up. Or 'last man back', if we didn't want to have a designated keeper.

Did you lot also have at least 3 or 4 "Goal!" "Over the post!" "Goal!" "Over the post!" arguments per game, all decided with the "Take a peno" compromise? Now, if THAT went over the post, we were buggered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom