• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sell EVERYBODY upfront, maybe..?

Yeah, this Salah thing is all dependent of whether he wants to go and whether the Saudi’s actually come back in for him:

The Saudi’s don’t strike me as particularly dumb at business, so I’d imagine they could lowball an offer or just, you know, wait 12 months.

No one else is signing up Salah for a decent amount given his wages - it’ll be a Mane scenario of a couple of teams maybe interested at £30-£40m.

I always though he’d stay till this contract runs out and leave on a free.

Diaz is a strong possibility to go - too many little snippets about wanting to move on.

Trent will stay and get his bumper new contract - and so he should - I’d be pretty certain if the new manager goes for a double pivot at the base of midfield, then Trent is going to be one of those.

I think Gravy might be fucked - don’t know where he fits in unless he wants to learn how to be Trent’s partner in a double pivot.

Actually, I’d quite like to see Trent & Gravy as the double pivot - if only to read some of the meltdown reactions on here.

I dont understand the Cole Palmer hate.

Is it because he looks like a mentally underdeveloped inbred? It's not a beauty contest. We don't always need to have pretty men in our team.
Yep. And that fucking celebration.

Arsenal 0 vs Livrepool 2 7/1/24 Goals from Diaz and OG No Mo Salah, at the Afcon
Liverpool 2 vs Fulham 1 10/1/24 Jones and Gapko
Bournemouth 0 vs Liverpool 4 21/1/24 Nunez 2 Jota 2

Games without Mo Salah Line up of Jota,Nunez and Daiz seemed to be jellying fine

Arsenal 0 vs Livrepool 2 7/1/24 Goals from Diaz and OG No Mo Salah, at the Afcon

Games without Mo Salah Line up of Jota,Nunez and Daiz seemed to be jellying fine
Liz Truss of Football stats.
You left a load of games out there. We also lost to Arsenal and drew with Fulham without Mo, drew with City at home (Salah Sub I think) but yes well done for picking out 3 games out 60 game season to proove something.

Last edited:
Liz Truss of Football stats.
You left a load of games out there. We also lost to Arsenal and drew with Fulham without Mo, drew with City at home (Salah Sub I think) but yes well done for picking out 3 games out 60 game season to proove something.
I was pointing out that we can score goals without Salah,hence the games mention was when Salah was at the AFCON

"jellying" :)

Our forward line….

1713306865350.gif

To be fair… more brain cells than Darwin there….

I think this post is a trifle too much.

I think our team as a whole can make more sense without Salah, and Salah should go, but he's the only one that has any actual historical evidence to suggest that he'll score goals regularly.

Last edited:
I remeber Portugal winnig the men's euros in 2016 beating France, and Ronaldo being sud' after 24 mins, proir to that I remember feeling that france was all over them and we could be looking at a 4-5 nil here as portugal looked under the cosh.
Then as I Ronaldo was subbed off, and the game change. Instead of Portugal looking to play everything to, and through Ronaldo he was gone, and the whole team seem to step un one or two gears.

My point... Sometimes when you have a player in the starting 11 that every pass, or everything is played through the team plays inferior as a whole, and Individuals players seem to put in less of and effort.
Or they are affaid off the rocket they catch if they do not pass to that player

I remeber Portugal winnig the men's euros in 2016 beating France, and Ronaldo being sud' after 24 mins, proir to that I remember feeling that france was all over them and we could be looking at a 4-5 nil here as portugal looked under the cosh.
Then as I Ronaldo was subbed off, and the game change. Instead of Portugal looking to play everything to, and through Ronaldo he was gone, and the whole team seem to step un one or two gears.

My point... Sometimes when you have a player in the starting 11 that every pass, or everything is played through the team plays inferior as a whole, and Individuals players seem to put in less of and effort.
Or they are affaid off the rocket they catch if they do not pass to that player
Well, you know in Ronaldo's case there's actually a reason you play through him. I mean multiple CL winner, multiple world player of the year awards and arguably one of the best ever.
Then there's Devolwin Nunez...

Last edited:
If we switch to 3-4-3 surely DIaz would be great as a left wing back. He works his socks off, can clearly get stuck in and is a natural wide player. His biggest defect is in front of goal, and as a wing back the pressure to score will be less.

If we switch to 3-4-3 surely DIaz would be great as a left wing back. He works his socks off, can clearly get stuck in and is a natural wide player. His biggest defect is in front of goal, and as a wing back the pressure to score will be less.

He’d make Trent’s defending look imperious.

Darwin has 20 goals in 59 League game since he signed for us.

Palmer has 20 goals in 27 League games for Chelsea this season.
Hindsight is wonderful thing... When you spend a billion pounds on 20 players, one will work-out.
Most people were singing Nunez's praises only a few weeks ago, he has bad few games, and the pitch fork comes out.
The big concern is more our defence... We are were we are due to heroics of our GKs. Its upto Klopp to find a solution as he won't move away from the high line style.

Hindsight is wonderful thing... When you spend a billion pounds on 20 players, one will work-out.
Most people were singing Nunez's praises only a few weeks ago, he has bad few games, and the pitch fork comes out.
The big concern is more our defence... We are were we are due to heroics of our GKs. Its upto Klopp to find a solution as he won't move away from the high line style.
^^^
This

It’s not hindsight in Darwin’s case - he’s only scored a little bit more in the league than last year and if you look at his record, he’s only had one stand out season in terms of scoring - which is starting to look like the outlier rather than the suggestion he was going to develop into a top goal scorer.

I’m not saying I’d have bought Palmer or even that he’ll replicate those figures again.

Jackson’s only scored one less goal that Darwin and he’s been shite.

The big concern isn’t our defence - that’s down to how we play.

It’s not hindsight in Darwin’s case - he’s only scored a little bit more in the league than last year and if you look at his record, he’s only had one stand out season in terms of scoring - which is starting to look like the outlier rather than the suggestion he was going to develop into a top goal scorer.

I’m not saying I’d have bought Palmer or even that he’ll replicate those figures again.

Jackson’s only scored one less goal that Darwin and he’s been shite.

The big concern isn’t our defence - that’s down to how we play.
Has Palmer been the better buy? Yes. Has Nunez been a failure? I told you at the start of season, as long as he gets games, he will get over 30 G/As, and you were sceptical but intimated that would be a good return. He has 31 GAs, Yes he is fucking wasteful but he been brilliant too this season.
Our defence has been shacky all season, and the opposition regularly cut through our defence and its been the cat like reflexes of our GKs that has saved us.
We scored 3 goals against Man U but we let in 4. We should have been destroyed by the Arse in the previous FA Cup game were it not for the heroics of the GK.
The positives are we have 1 cup in the bag, we are only 1 point behind Man City and going by past seasons, the return of Jota usually means a winning run of games.
Even if we don't win, we will come close and that was my hope at the start of the season.
If Alonso could be persuaded to come with a £20m a year salary, that would be a great start to next season. If not, Amorim should be decent

Never been convinced by Nunez. Can't be relied upon to finish when we really need him to. Brainless too.
I'd happily see the back of him and Diaz. Mo could be worth offloading if we can get a decent chunk for him.

Never been convinced by Nunez. Can't be relied upon to finish when we really need him to. Brainless too.
I'd happily see the back of him and Diaz. Mo could be worth offloading if we can get a decent chunk for him.
Well that only leaves Gakpo and Jota (who misses half a season) so I guess you're in favour of the thread title !

Back
Top Bottom