• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Didn't look too bad, I mean he managed to limp off. Bad tackle.

I'm no doctor but it looked like sprained ligaments.
Hope he makes it back for the Man U game.

Last edited:
looks like sprain or big knock ...
the immediate pain with him worried me but the fact he managed to walk it off means no break and hopefully, nothing serious.
if he's 50/50, I wouldn't risk him against Man U ...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here's my assessment.

1. I do think ref should've blown for a foul on Soyuncu just prior, clear push in back by Mo for me....meaning the subsequent foul on Mo never happens
  2. I do agree when BR says the speed Mo is travelling at means any tackle on him would look worst than it is....but could care less if he's an 'honest boy', the lad is now making a name for making bad tackles.
  3. Andy Gray talks a lot of bollocks and looks ugly.
  4. Think it's more of a yellow than a red but don't think anyone could've argued if a red was shown.

I would get a player the benefit of the doubt had it not been Choudry and had I not seen the reckless nature of his tackling in the GIFs above.

Another match day week passes, another incident involving racial abuse.

Who wouldve thought it

What does reporting it actually do? Did anything come from Pogba Rashford Abraham being abused?

Another match day week passes, another incident involving racial abuse.

Who wouldve thought it

What does reporting it actually do? Did anything come from Pogba Rashford Abraham being abused?
Well ignoring it isn't the solution either

Challenges like that deserves a red card.
Fucking cunt of a tackle.

Salah will be back for Utd

I can't imagine Brendan would think the same if it were say Millie tackling Vardy at full pace.

Choudhury's developing into a nasty player and that tackle is starting to look typical of him. Definite penalty and a decent case for a red card quite frankly. Mo's foul beforehand, the speed at which he was travelling, blah blah - NONE of that excuses a challenge which could quite conceivably have been a leg-breaker.

The meatheads who've abused him since then would have found something else to call him if he'd been white. They probably didn't even stop to think about the racial aspect (it wasn't a white player who was the victim of the tackle after all). Mind you, thinking about anything is probably quite a stretch for them.

Not defending racists but just like Rashford it's a small stupid fringe abusing Chowdhurry. But it becomes "Liverpool fans abusing player" in the headlines so it's taken like we all in unison have been abusing him.

Last edited:
Choudhury's developing into a nasty player and that tackle is starting to look typical of him. Definite penalty and a decent case for a red card quite frankly. Mo's foul beforehand, the speed at which he was travelling, blah blah - NONE of that excuses a challenge which could quite conceivably have been a leg-breaker.

The meatheads who've abused him since then would have found something else to call him if he'd been white. They probably didn't even stop to think about the racial aspect (it wasn't a white player who was the victim of the tackle after all). Mind you, thinking about anything is probably quite a stretch for them.

I'd guess he gets racially abused every day on social media, like everyone else, including Salah. On all of those days it has no effect upon him, because he isn't a sensitive snowflake, like everyone else. Except on the day he has done something cuntish, now the club all of a sudden decides to extract some of the abuse which relates to the act in question, and instantly plays the race card for the purposes of damage limitation and sympathy gathering. That's straight out of the Kevin Spacey playbook, and if it didn't involve our player then I might admire it. As it stands, fuck him, fuck the abuse he has now decided to report, couldn't care less.

Challenges like that deserves a red card.
Fucking cunt of a tackle.

Salah will be back for Utd

The angle they showed on mOTD didn’t look like that. Salah’s ankle got caught under his thigh of all plsces

None of that matters. The speed at which he came in and the fact that his studs were showing were more than enough to justify a sending-off.

None of that matters. The speed at which he came in and the fact that his studs were showing were more than enough to justify a sending-off.

I disagree, I thought initially he caught him with his studs but his studs didn’t catch him at all.

It was very unfortunate that he got caught under his thigh,

Again, it doesn't matter that the studs didn't make contact. Previous post stands.
In that case you’d send off 10 players a game and Lovern Fabhino and Mane would all have been sent off before.

Studs are up all the time in football.

It was at least a yellow and possibly a red. Lunges in when absolutely nowhere near the ball.

I'd guess he gets racially abused every day on social media, like everyone else, including Salah. On all of those days it has no effect upon him, because he isn't a sensitive snowflake, like everyone else. Except on the day he has done something cuntish, now the club all of a sudden decides to extract some of the abuse which relates to the act in question, and instantly plays the race card for the purposes of damage limitation and sympathy gathering. That's straight out of the Kevin Spacey playbook, and if it didn't involve our player then I might admire it. As it stands, fuck him, fuck the abuse he has now decided to report, couldn't care less.

Oh shut the fuck up, your justification for racist abuse is something else. So if someone complains about it, it’s playing the race card? You deserve some racist abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case you’d send off 10 players a game and Lovern Fabhino and Mane would all have been sent off before.

Studs are up all the time in football.

Not all such examples result in immediate danger to the player on the receiving end. This one did.

Oh shut the fuck up, your justification for racist abuse is something else. So if someone complains about it, it’s playing the race card? You deserve some racist abuse.

Yes, it must be something else, since it's not in what I typed.

It is a dangerous tackle when you consider a) pace Salah is running at, b) speed and power at which Hamza wipes out his legs, c) position at which he does it i.e. from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom