• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah gone!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The appeal of selling Salah is there i.e. he's 30+, we need to cash in whilst Saudi exists etc.

But at the end of the day, he averages 30 goals a season for us. Every season he does it. The chances of bringing someone else in to match that are slim.

I also see both ends of the spectrum and I've always reinforced the idea that if the money is right and tempting enough for the club, you sell. From the Ibe's and Solanke's of this world all to the way up to the Torres's Xabi's Coutinho's and Suarez's of this world. Someone like Kelleher or Salah would be no different.

I wouldn't want him leaving on a free if we know he isn't gonna sign an extension and I wouldn't want him sold after we've seen a decline so I say we either get him tied down to 2027/2028 or we sell in the summer. This is in part what has made us such a well run club the past decade or so, knowing when the right time to sell was......the reinvestment? well that's down to the recruitment team, sometimes it's worked wonders and others times not so......if Mo is sold we'd just have to make it so it works out 1 more time.

We didn’t try to sell off the likes of Gerrard , Carragher, etc / in all likelihood if Hendo had said he was happy to stay and play more of a squad role, he’d still be here.

I just don’t see it purely as a money transaction - his attitude, leadership, influence, even his commercial impact and his standing in the game, allied, as has been mentioned, to the fact he consistently delivers, means I wouldn’t be in any rush to push him out the door.

There’s also a message it can send - that we’ll cash in on our top players.

I get the arguments for selling - it’s the dream of Saudi money.

How much easier might it be for a new manager knowing he has Salah banging in goals during his first season and his first problem is not how you replace one of our best and most consistent players.

Then it’s up to the club to figure out how to replace him - we don’t need to bring in loads of players in the summer - Bluebell is a whack job - he wants to sell half the team every season because he needs his transfer fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom