• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah’s future

Would you sell Salah next season?

• Total voters
I'd still ideally keep Salah to be honest.

I know he's not as good as he was, but if we are saying that a new manager might be able to bring the best out of the likes of Nunez and Gakpo, then surely he can devise a role to bring the best out of this version of Salah, who is obviously a far superior player to the aforementioned.

That said, if the new manager doesn't want to stick with him and we get a good offer, then this summer would be the time to sell.

I would still prefer to keep him as long as his heart is in it and he can accept a change in role and less starting appearances.
Also, would be preferably if he did want a contract extension he looked whether his continued international involvement especially with Afcon is mutually beneficial LFC still. It's hard to expect a player to choose club over country but the timing of the tournament is awkward at best for LFC with inflated number of games played in such a critical period.
If he no longer sees LFC as his future then I hope it's not soured by petty arguments with Klopp because everyone has had a bad month including Klopp. Klopp and Salah have been integral part of our recent history and hopefully they can put it behind them without souring it over meaningless game like yesterday.

Ideally we would buy a starting RW whom can free Salah to play less and possibly even play through the middle with 1 yr left of his contract but if he does leave then prefer it's announced before the Wolves game so he can get the send off he deserves.

Last edited:
I'd still ideally keep Salah to be honest.

I know he's not as good as he was, but if we are saying that a new manager might be able to bring the best out of the likes of Nunez and Gakpo, then surely he can devise a role to bring the best out of this version of Salah, who is obviously a far superior player to the aforementioned.

That said, if the new manager doesn't want to stick with him and we get a good offer, then this summer would be the time to sell.

If that works, then great. But chances are it doesn't work and we have a player who isn't doing enough and yet still throws his toys out of the pram whenever he is benched.

I would still prefer to keep him as long as his heart is in it and he can accept a change in role and less starting appearances.
Also, would be preferably if he did want a contract extension he looked whether his continued international involvement especially with Afcon is mutually beneficial LFC still. It's hard to expect a player to choose club over country but the timing of the tournament is not awkward at best for LFC with inflated number of games played in such a critical period.
If he no longer sees LFC as his future then I hope it's not soured by petty arguments with Klopp because everyone has had a bad month including Klopp. Klopp and Salah have been integral part of our recent history and hopefully they can put it behind them without souring it over meaningless game like yesterday.

Ideally we would buy a starting RW whom can free Salah to play less and possibly even play through the middle with 1 yr left of his contract but if he does leave then prefer it's announced before the Wolves game so he can get the send off he deserves.
Was Klopp not keen on Bowen..?
Guess Bowen is moot now as Klopp is leaving and the new manager may not feel the same way

Was Klopp not keen on Bowen..?
Guess Bowen is moot now as Klopp is leaving and the new manager may not feel the same way
Signed a new contract 6 months ago so it's hard to see him leaving unless someone offers silly money for him, not really up our ally.

Bakayoko is the one to lean towards, having a brilliant season for a side having a brilliant season. £40m buy out in the summer, no brainer for me.

Apologies must be misinformation. Someone posted a statement from him earlier claiming he had been disrespected. I can't see it either.

Does Leao have problems with work ethic? seems to be a consensus that he does.
I read that Arne Slot loves cutbacks. Based on that I think the two most suited wingers are:

Michael Olise
Nico Williams

My personal fave is Kubo but I'm nor sure that he ticks the boxes. I don't see Kudus as a winger for us either. He is more of a 10 - will be a killer there.

Last edited:
I can’t see Mo. staying. New manager, tactics, bench time. Probably no title / CL challenge in the first season? Potential for it all to go tits up?

Is this just Anfield Edition (whoever they are) with a click bait title?

Are there any actual Slot quotes? And even if there are he could simply be paying lip service.

Edit. Hang on. I see they are quoting Givemesport. Ok it’s 🐂 💩

Petulance and form are frankly irrelevant when it comes to Salah.

The question is does he still have the drive, desire and physicality to do it all at 32? That is a qn only he and the club can decide.

Its says a lot about how little Salah is valued by some when its easy just to sell and replace his goals/assists by someone else.
I’d agree if we weren’t talking about our 5th top scorer in the clubs history and the 2nd best goal per game average.

But, seeing as he’s been injured and had a quite normal spat with the manager - then its easy to replace.

Its probably the right time to sell but not for the reasons above and it wont be easy to replace his goals. Thats why I’d like to know who we are signing first.

And to be clear. That wasnt a fallout with Klopp. It was nothing, but made bigger by the media.
Its just emotions and frustration.

Nobody on here is silly enough to suggest Salah’s output since joining us will be replaced. It’s seeing the bigger picture that his replacement(s) can continue to contribute in goals, assists and help with our overall shape to make it harder to score against us.

Selling Salah could pay for a new left back, centre back and right winger. That includes his wages. That’s on top of whatever else we may be spending.

Would the club be better with those or Salah who is another year older?

Depends on who the players brought in are and who we see as the goalscorers going forward.

For me its the right time to sell but it should be for the right reasons.

If true its best to stay away from SCM this summer:

Arne Slot is “extremely keen” on keeping Mo Salah at Liverpool.
@JacobsBen

Nobody on here is silly enough to suggest Salah’s output since joining us will be replaced. It’s seeing the bigger picture that his replacement(s) can continue to contribute in goals, assists and help with our overall shape to make it harder to score against us.

Selling Salah could pay for a new left back, centre back and right winger. That includes his wages. That’s on top of whatever else we may be spending.

Would the club be better with those or Salah who is another year older?
Absolutely this.

I can't get the Salah apologists quoting historical data. What relevance does that have to next season? None.

He's 32 years old in a couple of months.
Has clearly been in decline (and who is to say more injuries, with increasing age, won't be become de riquer for him, this season could be the new norm)
Has only scored 17 goals (12 without penalties, who anyone can take) in the PL this season.
There will be a total change in the Summer : manager, tactics and for Mo. surely more benchtime from a manager without the same emotional connection.

Compare that to say Olise at 22 years old.

In a revamped team I'd rather we look to the future and players who can give us another 3-4 years in the first team than someone who can't and would likely be on the bench, after next season, more often than not, and would likely leave on a free the season after (losing us the money to buy someone like Olise on an effective free at £60-70m).

Does it matter what Slot is keen on?

Surely it's set up for Edwards and Co to do whatever they think is best, regardless of the managers feelings.
I would have thought Slot would have final say on any incomings and outgoings surely. Otherwise you'll have conflict already.

Back
Top Bottom