• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rent Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Gary Neville has accused Liverpool of setting a precedent for an ’embarrassing’ course of action which has been replicated by a fellow Premier League club over the past 48 hours.

Last edited:
Of course next time Utd get a dodgy decision going against them he’ll be squealing that they need to write to PGMOL for an explanation.

He was a member of a team that would routinely surround the ref and scream at him every time there was a decision that they didn't like, and played under a manager who was famous for his bullying, manipulating and criticising officials (and everyone else).

I think writing the odd letter is pretty tame by comparison.

I do agree with him, hypocrisy aside. Though I am not sure how letter writing is different from any other type of public criticism of referees. In an ideal world, referees would be good, VAR would be accurate and invisible, and criticism would be dealt with in private.

What's his gripe? Do we even announce it publically, or does it just get reported?

There's nothing wrong with clubs requesting information and promoting accountability from an organisation that famously likes to lurk in the shadows and avoid criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom