• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Recommend one thing you don't think other people know about

singlerider

Throbbing Member
I was gonna make this just Twitter accounts, as that's what I've got, but I figured may as well open it up and let the magic happen.

I'm recommending @MirandaKeeling off of Twitter. Apparently she's slightly famous for stuff, but I can't say I've heard of her and I can't remember how I discovered her.

However, I love her tweets. They're little poetic parcels of beauty; just casual, sometimes wry, observations on the world around her that are elegantly crafted but lacking in pretentiousness, just little lovely things that find beauty in everyday shit.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm really taken with them. Examples (not really filtered for the best, just some recent ones):

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Jul 22
A lady pretends she isn't reading the book of a man beside her on the bus, who pretends he isn't holding it so it's easier for her to do so.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · 1h
I share an across-the-train smile with a mum, whose little boy opens and closes some folded-up paper, humming as if it were a tiny accordion

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · 1h
Man at the theatre: Do you want to sit next to your husband? Woman: Oh God no. I see quite enough of him as it is

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · 2h
A little girl in a shop surreptitiously places a tiny toy rabbit she's seen for sale onto the counter, hiding it amongst her Dad's shopping.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · 4h
Small boy in town pointing at an oil slick on the ground: Mum! I think a rainbow has died. His mum: No, it's just oil. Boy: Good. I was sad.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · 4h
A man struggling solo to put up a huge sign outside an office in town gives up, sits, and lights a cigarette. The sign says 'Team-building'.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · 9h
A lady in town surprises herself with a wonderful, balletic, mostly-in-mid-air turn, as she somehow manages to fall over her own flip-flops.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · 23h
A lady leans out of an upstairs window in town, listening to the wonderful party in the flat beside hers with an I-quite-fancy-a-dance face.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 8
Man on the bus: He's got everything I could want in my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend. 1. He's nice to her. 2. He's not as hot as me.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 7
A very short man in the park ducking in order to avoid low branches, smiles, as if amused he's managed to bump into a similarly short tree.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 7
Atop a hedge in Tottenham, a post-last-night black and silver cowboy hat waits hopefully, for tonight's passing party people to pick it up.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 6
As if in some sort of urban striptease, a house in town waits, as a builder slowly unwraps great swathes of tarpaulin from its scaffolding.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 5
A lady at a bus-stop in town stares angrily ahead whilst holding a massive sheet of bubble-wrap, which she loudly and systematically pops.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 4
A woman on a bench in town sneezes at a bus, a falling leaf, a pigeon, a passerby. And secretly, I wonder if she is orchestrating it all.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 3
With a glorious leap over a garden in Tottenham, a fox creates his own giant-sized shadow puppet, flying with elegant ease into the night.

Miranda Keeling @MirandaKeeling · Sep 2
Man in a shop to a girl: That'll be £7 pretty lady. (She hands him £10. He gives her £2 back) Girl: I may be pretty but I'm not stupid.

Back
Top Bottom