• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet
Honorary Member
Pre Season starts in 35 days on July 11th.

Tranmere Rovers – Prenton Park – July 11*
Bradford City – Valley Parade – July 14*
US tour begins
Borussia Dortmund – Norte Dame Stadium – July 19
Sevilla – Fenway Park – July 21
Sporting CP – Yankee Stadium – July 24
US tour ends
Napoli – Venue TBC – July 28*
France training camp begins
Lyon – Stade de Geneve – July 31*
France training camp ends
Man City – Wembley – August 3/4
Opponent TBC – Anfield – Date TBC, likely August 6/7*
Premier League starts August 10th
European Super Cup Wednesday 14th of August.

* Fixture yet to be confirmed.

Can't see many of our AFC (or whatever the hell it's called) and Nations Cup players being available for that US tour. I'd imagine they'll be joining up at the France training camp? That will then naturally impact the Community Shield and Supercup squads/first teams.

Some meaningful friendlies there.

Dortmund (Klopp reunion)
Sevilla (Reyes/possible Moreno reunion /Euro final)
Sporting CP (Bruno scouting mission)
Lyon (Aouar/Ndombele/Depay mission)

Can't see us playing the CS the day after playing in France. But playing Schalke a couple of days after seems kinda stupid too.

Some meaningful friendlies there.

Dortmund (Klopp reunion)
Sevilla (Reyes/possible Moreno reunion /Euro final)
Sporting CP (Bruno scouting mission)
Lyon (Aouar/Ndombele/Depay mission)

Schalke - Klopp & Wagner reunion
Bradford - Stephen Darby's charity

[article]CITY have today confirmed that Liverpool are heading to Valley Parade in pre-season.

Jurgen Klopp’s Champions League winners will face the Bantams on Sunday, July 14 to raise money for the Darby Rimmer MND Foundation.

The charity has been formed by City legend Stephen Darby, who was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 2018, alongside close friend Chris Rimmer, who has been suffering with the condition for five years.

The all-ticket friendly will be Liverpool’s first visit since May 2001.

Darby said: “I am extremely grateful City and Liverpool will be playing each other during pre-season in support of the Darby Rimmer MND Foundation.

“They are two amazing clubs, who formed a massive part of my career. Both will always hold a special place in my heart.

“I cannot thank both clubs and sets of fans enough for their support.”

Tickets will go on sale to season-ticket holders only from Monday. They will have until Friday, June 21 to secure a seat. They will be available for general sale from Monday, June 24.

City supporters will be housed in the Kop, North West corner and JCT600 stand. Liverpool fans will be in the Midland Road stand.

Admission will be £15 for adults, £10 seniors, students and under-16s and £5 for under-11s.

Season-tickets holders can only buy one ticket per season ticket during the initial period of exclusivity.[/article]

Last edited:
what time would the commuinty shield be? evening kick off on a Thur.. they are normally during the day.. but also normally on a weekend.

With the Copa America and the AFCONS in June, that pretty much means non stop football for most of our squad. Next year is going to be tough injury-wise I get a feeling.

"City legend" next to Darby just made me puke in my mouth a little.

How bout they throw in the name "Bradford" a little here and there...

Last edited:
Copa America too. Players will be given a full month off. The SA contingent will be back in training a couple.of weeks before the season starts at best

Liverpool's Community Shield meeting with Manchester City will be played at Wembley on Sunday August 4 at 3pm BST.

The Reds are set to contest the annual fixture for the first time since 2006 after finishing as runners-up in the Premier League.
Ticket details will be announced on Liverpoolfc.com in due course.

Liverpool's Community Shield meeting with Manchester City will be played at Wembley on Sunday August 4 at 3pm BST.

The Reds are set to contest the annual fixture for the first time since 2006 after finishing as runners-up in the Premier League.
Ticket details will be announced on Liverpoolfc.com in due course.
We could do our own treble before Christmas..

2019/20 Potentially we could be any of the following

Charity Sheild Winners
European Super Cup Winners
World Club Championship Winners
League Cup Winners
FA Cup Winners
Premier League Winners
Champions League Winners

Oh and the AFcon

2019/20 Realistically we will be all of the following

Charity Sheild Winners
League Cup Winners
FA Cup Winners
Premier League Winners
Champions League Winners

But not the AFcon

City can't win the Heptuble. They can only win the Quintuple. Which is like the baby obstacle course for kids without a European cup.

We’re like the Snape of Dumbeldore’s Army... we’re doing the really heavy lifting in the black arts to make sure good will prevail.

Very important... particularly now that Dumbeldore is dead (has Hal been interviewed as as suspect in Oncy’s death???? - wasn’t me...)

2019/20 Potentially we could be any of the following

Charity Sheild Winners
League Cup Winners
FA Cup Winners
Premier League Winners
Champions League Winners

Oh and the AFcon
And that's before we start on the Ladies' competitions.

I don't get why we're playing so many high profile pre season games. The one between the charity shield and the season opener seems nuts, especially with the super cup a week later.

Not a fan.

I don't get why we're playing so many high profile pre season games. The one between the charity shield and the season opener seems nuts, especially with the super cup a week later.

Not a fan.
Assume it was organized by people who forgot we might be good again

Not a fan.

Money innit

We can always play the kids and Lallanas

I really want us to win it. Alright saying this is a one off game in a shit stadium, but the only ticket into this game is a european trophy. That’s a nicely exclusive but fucking well earned game to be in. Fuck the chavs having it.

If it means we can change another number on the champions wall in Melwood then i'm all in.

Half of our pre season games will be played by U21s as so many players are returning late from internationals. This might actually be a good thing if we need to start the season with Mane, Mo & Keita protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom