• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre-season already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll know in his mind what the formation will be, we're gonna play with Trent in the hybrid double pivot bollocks next to Alexis (after getting a hard on from his performance today), until it ends up costing us and Klopp will then change it up again & probably be caught in limbo between different systems throughout the season, which will ultimately be our downfall.

Fanfuckingtastic, another season down the shitter.

What I liked about both of those reels is that neither gave the ball away at all ! Even tough passes went to their intended target. Both wanted to get forward, both wanted to shoot (we'll get more goals from midfield this season, esp. with Gakpo there too) and neither are reluctant to commit the professional foul when and as required (something we seemed to forget last season).

A double pivot of MacA and Lavia would not only give Szobo more chance to advance but allow Trent to venture into MF without fear as one of them would drop in behind to cover him.

Forgot to mention Szoboszlai’s corners - they are a nightmare to defend, so low and whipped with such pace. Can’t wait for his free-kicks!

Last edited:
maybe even Mo's natural heir.

Oooh I like that word Froggy, Heir to the throne. The Scot
P2022-10-04-LFC_U19_vs_Rangers_U19-30
tish King. King Ben I. Youngest King in British history.
P2022-10-04-LFC_U19_vs_Rangers_U19-30

I believe this season we'll close a circle in terms of style of play under Jurgen, as in we're going to play much similar to how we played in the first couple of seasons under him - in which we really played gung-ho, scoring for fun, but also leaking goals at the same time.
We weren't solidified enough in midfield and defense back then, and neither are we now.

Szoboszlai works hard and is tidy on the ball. I would expect more attacking impact for that price though.
Corners are nice too.

Not sure I quite agree with that, but I am a bit concerned about the Konate-Trent-Robbo situation. I would try Gomez at LCB personally.

You will never change the minds of some regardless of who we sign or how we line up.

Have you not seen Gomez last season? Or since 2021? He's terrible.

I've been critical of Gomez since 2021, but I don't think all hope is lost with him quite yet – he looked fairly sharp at RB in this pre-season, it's possible he was not fully "back" from injury last season and finally it's likely he's a type of centre-back who feels more secure in a back 3 than back 4. Compared head-to-head against Robertson over the course of the season, I think it's likely he will be a more secure defender at LCB and most importantly, will help Konate and VVD by staying "at home" more often.

When he’s not shit or thick. So never.

I don't think he's either one of those things particularly.

However, since when did confidence require 1) actual ability at anything or 2) intelligence.

If anything, the thick as shit person is going to say "I'm fucking brilliant, now watch me juggle these knives, I saw it on TV."

I never said they were connected. My point is I think he will never be confident, he will always be shit and he will always be thick.

This is such a fascinating exercise. Love how for Jota the actual finish is the easiest action, he visibly relaxes his body just before the shot and hits it nonchalantly. The most important work is preparing the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom