• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Milan (H) - Wed 15th - 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do understand that we should rest Matip, but he's currently our best defender. Honestly, Van Dijk didn't look like his usual self yesterday.

Why not play Konate & Gomez?

We're going to have to utilise the squad sooner or later, no point leaivng them all to rot on the bench only playing domestic cup games.

Virgil you could argue needs the rest more since he was away on internationals but knowing Klopp's reluctance to use squad members it'll be the same line up except Hendo for Harvey.

As I see it.

Milan 16th (H) : Klopp will go with a strong side but maybe rotate in 2-3 players. I agree with dmishra : in come Konate, Tsimitas and Keita. If Minamino is fit I'd consider him too. However since Milan are going to be playing on the break, I'd also consider a Konate & Gomez as central defence. Both very pacey and a chance to rest VvD and Matip for Palace in 2 days time.

Palace 18th (A) : Full strength side. Thiago, Matip & Thiago return.

Norwich 22nd EFL (A) : Squad and youngsters. Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Milner, Jones, Tsimitas, Origi, Bradley, Gordon, Musialowski and Keita to start.

Brentford 26th (A) : Full strength side.

Porto 29th (A) : Klopp will go with a strong side but definitely rotate in 2-3 players. Konate, Gomez, Milner, Jones, Tsimitas and Keita all options.

City Oct 3rd (H) : Full strength side.

Last edited:
Why not play Konate & Gomez?

We're going to have to utilise the squad sooner or later, no point leaivng them all to rot on the bench only playing domestic cup games.

Virgil you could argue needs the rest more since he was away on internationals but knowing Klopp's reluctance to use squad members it'll be the same line up except Hendo for Harvey.

I mean they will have to play eventually but considering Konate has never started a real game for us and Gomez hasn't played in 12 months, added to the fact they've never played together I don't think this is the game I'd sling them on for. VvD plus Gomez to start I think, Konate will probably get a run in the Norwhich game.

I mean they will have to play eventually but considering Konate has never started a real game for us and Gomez hasn't played in 12 months, added to the fact they've never played together I don't think this is the game I'd sling them on for. VvD plus Gomez to start I think, Konate will probably get a run in the Norwhich game.
Can't see an issue playing Konate. He's been with the squad for months, an experienced BL player and looked very good in pre-season. And a couple of those games were proper matches not just pass-arounds (Stuttgart & especially Osasuna).

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Konate comes in for Virgil.
He was great against Leeds but has also played two international games. Quite a heavy workload for him.

I know it is early in the season but I can't help but think we need to protect the minutes for the front three and consider resting at least one of them so that we can always be prioritising the league. If Taki wasn't an injury doubt i'd be happy to see him start in the front line for this, the league is going to be very competitive and we need every advantage we can get.

Can we not do that thing where we win the first 4 games and secure top spot in the group before playing weakened teams, rather that thing we do where we have to scramble around at the last minute in a 3 way death or glory to scrape into the knock out rounds?

Last edited:
Managed to get a ticket to this game this evening on the website. Worth looking now if anyone's interested.

Anyone else going?

Got my ticket for this, and for the Palace game

Now I can post on here saying things like "Those of us who go to the match, and actually understand football, know that Keita (aka Wijnaldum/Lucas/Whelan) are criticial to the way the team plays" and look down on those who haven't been to the ground in these two games.

Oh, the joy ....

And then I'll go back to being an armchair fan and looked down upon by the high and mighty.

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, or some such bollox

What makes me laugh, is a couple season or so ago Man Utd played and won against Young Boys...

It was reported as "Man Utd Beat Young Boys" Lol

This morning I wake up to "Man Utd Upset by Young Boys"...

Really makes you wonder Lol

Don't be surprised if Porto nick something in Madrid tonight, Not impressed at all with Atleti this season.

Young boys have won two games in the CL.

1 vs Utd
1 vs Juventus

1 player played in both losing matches.

All hail Ronaldo!

Ole has been in charge of 11 CL matches at Utd, losing 7 :D

Liverpool team to play Milan

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Jota, Salah, Origi.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Van Dijk, Konate, Thiago, Milner, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Phillips

#LFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom