• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Prayers for @moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]
An outrageous night that involves several short tales, the first about Curtis Jones — the scorer of the winning penalty kick following a short run-up that invited some nerves, but certainly not from him. An 18-year-old from the housing estate closest to Liverpool’s city centre that runs beside Jamaica Street and out towards the urban sprawl of Toxteth,[bcolor=#000000] he had once told anyone willing to listen at the club’s academy that he was, in fact, an [bcolor=#000000]Arsenal[/bcolor] fan.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#000000][bcolor=#000000]It was only when Steven Gerrard became his coach at under-18 level that this broadcast stopped[/bcolor].[/bcolor]
Gerrard was also the coach who saw something in Neco Williams when he was 15. It was Williams’ injury-time cross that allowed Divock Origi to equalise — a goal that led, ten minutes or so later, to Jones tearing across the pitch having sent Liverpool through in improbable circumstances.
[/article]

He earns about £15k a week. I'm guess Arsenal would be willing to pay significantly more than that. This happens with every young player that comes through, at some point you have to pay them the market rate or sell them. I'm guessing we will renegotiate his contract in the summer to avoid making his agent listen to offers.
I can't believe he's only on £15k. That must be wrong - we have youngsters on more than that !

EDIT
Ok I see some sites are saying that - but haven't been updated sice they still have Hendo and Fabs on the payroll ! He signed that contract in 2022.

Salary Sport are saying he's on £67,000 pw which seems to be the most recently updated site.

https://salarysport.com/football/premier-league/liverpool-f.c./#fromHistory

Last edited:
He’s really progressing now and becoming a squad lynchpin by all accounts.

Give him the contract he deserves (incentivised of course) and congratulate Klopp on a job well done.

The counterintuitive thing about Curtis is that he seems like a free-spirited cocky kind of character, but he is actually becoming the most “safe” and functional of our midfielders. His best quality is ball retention and he doesn’t take too many risks. I think this is why Klopp trusts him in bigger games, but doesn’t always play him against weaker opponents.

No wonder why Arteta reportedly likes him - he seems like a perfect midfielder for a control-obsessed manager.

I can't believe he's only on £15k. That must be wrong - we have youngsters on more than that !

EDIT
Ok I see some sites are saying that - but haven't been updated sice they still have Hendo and Fabs on the payroll ! He signed that contract in 2022.

Sportrac are saying he's on £67,000 pw which seems to be the most recently updated site.
Don't know which sportrac site you have.. one I have access to suggests the contract he signed in Nov 2022 has a salary of 15k per week.

Funny old game. A few months ago and most fans would have happily got rid along with Gomez.
100% that was me, however, so far they're looking really good!
When facts change, opinions change! The biggest gripe I had with them is their injury record. In Klopp's squad no one has been truly awful other than Karius and Adrian, all the others have shown ability but to have my loyalty I need to know you can be reliable

The counterintuitive thing about Curtis is that he seems like a free-spirited cocky kind of character, but he is actually becoming the most “safe” and functional of our midfielders. His best quality is ball retention and he doesn’t take too many risks. I think this is why Klopp trusts him in bigger games, but doesn’t always play him against weaker opponents.

No wonder why Arteta reportedly likes him - he seems like a perfect midfielder for a control-obsessed manager.

Yes, it's almost like Gerrard, Milner, Klopp and a succession of senior players at the club have taken him behind doors and beaten the cocky out of him!!

He use to hold on to the ball way too long, and try to get past 2-3 players but still not have progressed the ball much . So far this season he looks like he has wised up and passes the ball more quickly and shields the ball really well still. He isn't generational but a good cog in the wheel

GC2gP_WXQAUTYGo
GC2gP_SXQAIwFig

Yes, it's almost like Gerrard, Milner, Klopp and a succession of senior players at the club have taken him behind doors and beaten the cocky out of him!!

It would be fine if he was that good but this role suits his skill set. It's looking like he's beginning to understand this too which is good stuff

It would be fine if he was that good but this role suits his skill set. It's looking like he's beginning to understand this too which is good stuff

He is that good though - he's better than actually what he is currently doing on the pitch. He's playing within himself and being effective at the same time. He could be even better by 30% more. If these rumours are true and Liverpool fail to hold onto him - I will be so so fucked off at this club, it will be like losing McManaman all those years ago.

According to the The Athletic.. he grew up an Arsenal fan.

Say waaaaaaaaa?
He said on that Christmas video a few weeks ago how he'd always watch the Ox and the #1 present he got at Christmas was the #1 present he was always wanted......boots that the Ox wore. At that point I had to switch off as I felt my stomach starting to rumble as if I was about to vomit.

In the modern day especially it's not that uncommon for young kids to grow up supporting a club other than the one they played for/grew up around.

He said on that Christmas video a few weeks ago how he'd always watch the Ox and the #1 present he got at Christmas was the #1 present he was always wanted......boots that the Ox wore. At that point I had to switch off as I felt my stomach starting to rumble as if I was about to vomit.

In the modern day especially it's not that uncommon for young kids to grow up supporting a club other than the one they played for/grew up around.

I don't blame him for that, he probably identified with Ox more than anyone else - especially in terms of skill level. Ox had those special moments for Arsenal where he could just waltz through an entire midfield and defence and put in that killer shot. Remember the City goals for us he used to score ? - I can understand that. Plus you have to look at it - as a young player at that time which team played the more attractive football ? - Arsenal or us ? - it was Arsenal, even when we had GH/Rafa as managers - compared to the way Arsenal were playing we looked like utter shit. Benitez never got us to play like the Valencia side he was in-charge that thrashed us that night in the CL.

At the end of the day they have to make an offer, and considering they paid £65m for Kai, they'd need to pay £75m for CJ

At the end of the day they have to make an offer, and considering they paid £65m for Kai, they'd need to pay £75m for CJ
Sorry 75M is no where near enough, Anthony of united, has set the new level for shit, so considering the average opinion is that he Curtis improves any PL midfield including Man City then our boy is worth nothing less than £150M

If Arsenal ever get serious enough to make an offer, we need to put @moron in charge of our negotiating team. Half an hour with him in the room and the Arsenal execs will emerge teary-eyed, agreeing to drop their bid, but still pay us £75M just for the privilege of watching Curtis play.

Last edited:
If Arsenal ever get serious enough to make an offer, we need to put @moron in charge of our negotiating team. Half an hour with him in the room and the Arsenal execs will emerge teary-eyed, agreeing to drop their bid, but still pay us £75M just for the privilege of watching Curtis play.
Just wait, if we hold onto him and he get to play for England alongside Jude, Real Madrid will be in for himnd offer that 150M. The world dont know how good he is, but I do.

Thing is.. I keep seeing him talking to players after games thinking he's tapping them up for us.

Why would he leave us for the Arse? they haven't won the league in almost 20 yrs and it doesn't look as if that stat is going to alter any time soon. :cigar:

Why would he leave us for the Arse? they haven't won the league in almost 20 yrs and it doesn't look as if that stat is going to alter any time soon. :cigar:
He loves the bling lifestyle if you follow his gram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom