• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pep to resign and Ancelotti to take over

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhorizon2

Very Active
Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich at end of the season
Pep Guardiola is to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season and will be replaced by Carlo Ancelotti.
Guardiola, 44, has been linked with Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.
The former Barcelona coach has won two league titles and the German Cup since joining Bayern in summer 2013.
Ex-Chelsea boss Ancelotti, 56, has been on a break since being sacked by Real Madrid in May 2015 and has signed a three-year deal with Bayern.
Calm Carlo

The German champions are eight points clear at the top of the Bundesliga and will play Italian club Juventus in the last 16 of the Champions League.
"We are grateful to Pep Guardiola for everything he has given our club since 2013," said Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
"I am convinced that Pep and our team will now work even more intensively towards achieving our major sporting goals - especially as it is now confirmed that Pep is to leave FC Bayern."
Ancelotti has won the Champions League three times, twice with AC Milan and once at Real Madrid, and guided Chelsea to the Premier League title and FA Cup in 2010.
He recently suggested a preference to return to the English top flightbut has instead decided to join Bayern.
"I am very honoured," said Ancelotti." I'll be in next season to coach the great FC Bayern."
Rummenigge added: "Carlo is a calm, balanced expert, who knows how to deal with stars and favours a multifaceted style of play - we were looking for this, and we have found it.
"We are looking forward to working with him."
If Ancelotti wins the Bundesliga with Bayern next season, he will become the second coach to have won league titles in four of Europe's top six leagues.
Jose Mourinho has won league titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain.
Where next for Guardiola?

The 44-year-old has not revealed where his next destination will be.
Chelsea sacked Mourinho on Thursday and have appointed Guus Hiddink until the end of the season. United boss Louis van Gaal is also under pressure following his side's recent slump in form, which has seen them exit the Champions League at the group stages and lose to Norwich on Saturday.
Guardiola has also been strongly linked with taking over from City boss Manuel Pellegrini in the summer.
Pellegrini's contract has 18 months to run and the Chilean thinks Guardiola might follow him to the Etihad Stadium.
"I hope he will have the option to work at Manchester City," he said. "I say that because I love this club and I hope, in the future, he can work here also.
"Pep Guardiola will work in England, I don't know if it is next season at City or at another club. Some day he'll come here."
How good is Guardiola?

The Spaniard was appointed Barcelona boss in 2008 and became the Spanish club's most successful manager as he led the Catalan club to 13 trophies in his four-year tenure.
He won three league titles, two Champions Leagues and a Copa del Rey while at the Nou Camp.
The former Spain international took a year-long sabbatical before taking over at Bayern Munich on the back of the German club winning the Champions League, Bundesliga and German Cup under Jupp Heynckes.
As well as the league and cup titles, Bayern have also reached the semi-finals of the Champions League in Guardiola's two seasons in charge, with Real Madrid knocking them out in 2013-14 and Barcelona the following season.
_87305762_guardiola4.jpg

Guardiola was in charge at Barcelona for four years, winning three La Liga titles and the Champions League twice
_87305908_guardiola6.jpg

Guardiola is on course to celebrate a third Bundesliga title in three years with Bayern Munich
_87305760_guardiola3.jpg

Guardiola has been strongly linked to take over Manuel Pellegrini's job at Manchester City

Man Utd, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and proabably PSG will be looking for a new manager. The managers obviously available will be Mourinho, Pepe, Pelligrini, Rafa, Del Bosque and possibly Simeone. I think Rafa will probably end up at Athletico with Simeone migrating to one of the bigger clubs.

Man Utd, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and proabably PSG will be looking for a new manager. The managers obviously available will be Mourinho, Pepe, Pelligrini, Rafa, Del Bosque and possibly Simeone. I think Rafa will probably end up at Athletico with Simeone migrating to one of the bigger clubs.

Worse kept secret ever. Everyone knew he was leaving Bayern weeks ago

Guardiola to Man.City, Simeone to Chelsea and Mourinho to PSG are all decent bets IMO, especially Pep to Citeh. No real idea who'll be managing the two Madrid clubs, except that I don't see Rafa going to Atletico even if he does leave Real. Maybe Pellegrini to Atletico and Del Bosque to Real?

I'm so sick of Guardiola and his pompous announcements. I hope he bombs wherever he goes.

He won't though, because he always joins one of the richest clubs in the world with almost unlimited spending power.

Love it if he did though

I sincerely hope he comes to the premier league and leaves in two years time with fuck all to show for it.

He's a big look at me cunt and until I see him do something with a non automatic league winning side, I won't believe in his coaching ability either.

Edit:what Keni and Gk said.

Loads of rumours in Spain that Rafa is out and Mourinho to take over.

Ancelotti to Bayern. Pep to City with an annual salary of 25 mill € according to Bild.
Not sure if Simeone will leave and I hope and pray to sweet baby Jesus and the holy Mary of God that Giggs gets the Utd job. Please!

I actually think that's quite likely and I've thought so for a while now, possibly with an older hand brought in to fill some kind of DOF-type role while Giggs learns the trade. I've never been convinced Mourinho to ManU would happen and I'm still not. The same people who turned him down before are still running the club today.

I sincerely hope you're right JJ - I would not be a happy chappy if Maureen went to Utd. Say what you like about him but he's still one of the top coaches in world football.

Wouldn't disagree directly with that, but I actually wonder how it would go if he did fetch up at Old Tw@tford. There's no way he'd play more attacking football than van Gaal and, while they might well do better in the short term, I wouldn't be surprised if fan discontent surfaced again after a while.

Pep will never be found out. I daresay he'll never go a club which isn't laden with money which never does anything but challenge for the top trophies. He obviously did a good job at Barcelona but, even then, he was one horse in a two horse race.

... and unlike Mourinho, he knows when to go ... but both are great.

Mourinho's record time at a club is, what, three seasons? You saying he should have walked earlier than that? What do you see as the shelf life of a manager?

Mourinho's shelf life is normally 2 seasons - he's always gone by season 3 (be it beginning or end). His style seems to be too intense, too divisive etc to maintain itself long term.

Guardiola is the opposite - he seems to really create a great atmosphere at the clubs he's at, however, I think he realizes that once he's reached a certain level, he can only go backwards ... This isn't Slur who had a long term goal (overtaking us) ... This is modern footy managers.

Mourinho's shelf life is normally 2 seasons - he's always gone by season 3 (be it beginning or end). His style seems to be too intense, too divisive etc to maintain itself long term.

Guardiola is the opposite - he seems to really create a great atmosphere at the clubs he's at, however, I think he realizes that once he's reached a certain level, he can only go backwards ... This isn't Slur who had a long term goal (overtaking us) ... This is modern footy managers.

So, what do you see a shelf life for a manager?

Guardiola, I'm not so certain of your view. There never was true love between Guardiola and the Bayern players, says Lothar Mattheus.

I don't think he's as toxic as Mourinho, but it wasn't all smooth sailing at Munich.

So, what do you see a shelf life for a manager?

Guardiola, I'm not so certain of your view. There never was true love between Guardiola and the Bayern players, says Lothar Mattheus.

I don't think he's as toxic as Mourinho, but it wasn't all smooth sailing at Munich.

Guardiola is a 3-4 year manager - he's basically said itself about 'projects'.

Mourinho is a 2-3 year manager.

It seems nowadays, the average is between 3-5 years for most managers (mostly due to the money being driven into the game and the expectations that causes)

I used to quite like him but he's become the most pompous tit in football. If he wants to go to another mega-rich club with a great squad and 'test' himself, then fine, just get your agent to sort it out privately. But this preening wanker just has to bask in the light of a full-blown media soap opera. You're in the middle of a season. Manage it. Then do what you want. It's so me-me-me.

I would imagine it helps him with contract negotiations being the most sought after manager in the world. Him being constantly talked about will only add to that

Well, obviously. But there are better ways to do that. He doesn't exactly need to promote himself, City's interest has been all-too public for ages now, and all of the other interested clubs would be negotiating with his agent anyway without all of these Blatter-esque bells and whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom