• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our rivals this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate so was Leicester City for one season... How do they put it... "If you snooze you lose"... We are fast a sleep

Stop comparing us to Leicester City. They were never the best team in Europe or anywhere near it. We are.[/QUOTE]

We were the best team in Europe Last year, Bayern Munich now own that title

Theres a huge difference between where we were when we won we won the title, and where Leicester were, but the point is valid. Teams have won the title and then talied off. Chelsea won it a few years ago and then dropped places massively. Its a real risk if you don't compete and freshen up the squad.

Theres a huge difference between where we were when we won we won the title, and where Leicester were, but the point is valid. Teams have won the title and then talied off. Chelsea won it a few years ago and then dropped places massively. Its a real risk if you don't compete and freshen up the squad.

No, Leicester took advantage of every big side being mediocre and overachieved massively to win the league.

As for Chelsea, they fell away due to bad recruitment and constant short-termism, chopping and changing managers on a whim.

We’ve been outstanding for two and a half seasons. We’re still the team to beat, new players or no new players.

Yes, there’s no doubt it would be good to freshen up the squad, but we still have quality and the age of the squad is not so old that we have to do something in this transfer window right now.

No, Leicester took advantage of every big side being mediocre and overachieved massively to win the league.

As for Chelsea, they fell away due to bad recruitment and constant short-termism, chopping and changing managers on a whim.

We’ve been outstanding for two and a half seasons. We’re still the team to beat, new players or no new players.

Yes, there’s no doubt it would be good to freshen up the squad, but we still have quality and the age of the squad is not so old that we have to do something in this transfer window right now.

No what? I agreed with you. I said there's a massive difference between our side that won the title, and Leicester's.

I think you're underestimating Mourinho (possibly due to your evident dislike for the man), but as for Everton and Ancelotti, as impressive as the midfield of Allan, Doucoure and James looks on paper, I think it will be quite a while before all 3 are actually fit and ready to perform at their top capacity.
Spurs had a steady midfield that played together last season, and as you say these three needs time. Midfield battle won by Everton, and like I said, Mourinho without the money, won't get the better of anyone other than midtable battlers.

Spurs had a steady midfield that played together last season, and as you say these three needs time. Midfield battle won by Everton, and like I said, Mourinho without the money, won't get the better of anyone other than midtable battlers.

Yes, Everton's midfield definitely won the game for them. Hojbjerg looked wooden and Ndombele looked like an abused dog.

Last edited:
Said it before, but Allan is a great signing. One of the best DMs in the world. God knows how he's had to resort to moving there.

Spurs were dreadful. Their midfield is horrendous.

Allan and Doucoure are good signings for Everton, they looked solid and can maybe get into the top 6-7 this season.
Spurs looked awful.

I think Everton have improved so much that they can be hopefull of finishing in the top half this season and maybe progressing past the first game in one of the domestic cups.

They’ll have so much content for their end of season video and they can kick it off with “the first time we beat a top six team away in 7 years”.

That and their Transfer Window Winner Trophy presentation & parade along with the Player with Most Instagram Followers Award.

They truly are a wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom