• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our great goalie Alisson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't have to - it would mean we needed another last-minute miracle to achieve whichever objective. I'd much sooner have things tied up nice and early.

Glad this kind of thing didn't happen when Juicy Brucie Grobbelaar was our keeper. He'd have tried it for sure and wouldn't have been half as good at it.

alli.jpg

Last edited:
A year on from Alisson‘s incredible headed winner against West Brom, the impact on Liverpool’s fortunes can be felt with a place in the Champions League final…

Sliding door moments often come in monotonous and uneventful shapes and sizes, with consequences that don’t become tangible until a much later date.
Other times, they take your breath away. They remind you what it’s like to feel alive and why it is you invest so much time and energy into any given venture.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/...iverpool-to-paris/?utm_source=morningbriefing

I seem to remember feeling like Liverpool did something to keepers - they'd come to us, be amazing but then decline, then go somewhere else and be good again.

Was it all just in my head?

I’m not sure about the being good elsewhere but we most definitely made them shitter.

Wonder how many opposition strikers are concerned that cnut Sanchez might commit GBH on them when they're through on goal with only him to beat. :mad:

Opposition players have this in the back of their minds now. Virgil has the same kind of effect at times. Those two really are the cornerstones of this team.

I think many fans still don't fully appreciate what kind of a monster season Alisson had – it was historic. Pretty sure it was the best of his career so far and probably the best I've seen by an LFC goalkeeper. Alli's form has won us a significant number of points and compensated for various problems in the team throughout the season; he made our high line work by his extraordinary 1 on 1 save prowess and was solid in all other aspects of goalkeeping. If he can stay at this level for a few seasons, he will undoubtedly be considered one of the all-time greats in the Premier League and modern football history.

Last edited:
Alisson was my player of the season 26 goals conceded in 38 PL games. That's level with Ederson, but for my money he's confirmed himself the better keeper to the neutrals this year.

His one on one stopping has gone up a level, his decision making has sharpened and he's playing with supreme confidence his ability. I really struggle to find any flaws in his game.

His season more than deserved one of the big trophies this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom