• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games Dec 7-9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Thought it'd be a good idea to start a new thread about the up coming weekend games and the Monday night game. Maybe merge the posts relating to this weekend's games from the other thread?

Saturday
Everton - Chelsea

Tottenham - Burnley
Watford - Crystal P
Bournemouth - Liverpool

Man City - Man United

Sunday
Aston Villa - Leicester
Newcastle - Southampton
Norwich - Sheffield U
Brighton - Wolverhampton

Monday
West Ham - Arsenal

Some interesting fixtures.

Everton might just be fired up for this one. Feels like they owe their fans a performance after being dismantled at Anfield.

The Manchester derby. Will Man U come to play or will they just lie down and arch their backs? I'm guessing the latter.
Even if they do give a fuck about the game they won't get anything out of it.

Aston Villa - Leicester, yep this is where Leicester drop points. I don't know if Villa will win but I'm pretty certain that they won't get 3 points. Villa has looked strong at times this season on their ground, gave us a run for our money, so I'm guessing they'll do the same against Leicester. Trezeguet and Grealish are in form and Leicester's squad depth will now be tested.

The London derby...meh.

Last edited:
Non sarcastic support of Ole tomorrow, at least Rashford looks in form so there will be some threat to city's shit defence.

Agree on villa, I have a similar feeling

Bournemouth - Liverpool
Man City - Man United
Aston Villa - Leicester

All good games to watch. Hopeful that both United and Villa can get something out of their games. Both playing decent football and confidence high. Even if United were a bit lucky against Spurs. Fingers crossed they are lucky again!

Wouldn’t be surprised at all for Villa and Utd to cause a shock.

Let’s just hope our game isn’t one of the shocks

United are developing in an interesting way, it has to be said. Now they have seem to have accepted their role as plucky underdogs and are actually a better team for it. They lose plenty of points against the shite, but they've used their counter-attacking football under Ole to beat Chelsea, Leicester and Spurs and draw against us and Arsenal. They have a chance against City, no doubt about it.

If utd come out all confident and try and play football after the spurs result, city will absolutely batter them.

Their only hope is a compact , deep set up with balls being pinged up to James /rashford / martial

That's not just their only hope, its an actual fucking blueprint how every team (bar us) have taken points off them.

Good solid defence. Check.

Fast & direct attackers. Check.

Ideally keep them from scoring long enough for their heads to go a bit, usually about 20 minutes (easier said than done!), then ping long passes forwards constantly done both sides, in the air & on the ground through the middle until their centre backs inevitably shit the bed when they're being run at again & again.

It's worked enough times that every manager must be aware of it by now, but I'm not sure Ole has the tactical nous to be able to set up to occupy their team in the right areas to facilitate it.

Ole's tactical skills is same as my singing on SingStar. I just don’t have it but as the tune goes up and down I am bound to hit it when my false tune cross it every now and then. Unfortunately Ole hit it at the midweek so I am pretty sure he will miss it today.

I actually think Utd stand a good chance. They are predominantly a counter attack team. That's the only way they know how to play.

They beat Leicester, drew with us - by hitting us on the counter with pace up front.

So yeah I hope City lose or draw.

Blue shite one up against the chavs. Richarlison with a header from 6 yards.

We'd better close the Everton relegation thread.
They obviously mean to compete for the title o_O

Calvert-Lewin stamped on someone. Where’s the red card?????

Oh I forgot this isn’t the fume and Liverpool aren’t playing.

Jinxed it - "Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer still believes they are a bigger club than Manchester City".

Try to motivate the opposition the day of the match, ffs.

Angry birds know their audience. Showing “bring the anger” round Goodson seems about right.

Weird seeing Duncan Ferguson in a suit and tie on the touchline. Looks more like he has a court hearing, than as a manager.

Just saw the highlight of him geeing up the crowd after the goal. Fair dos. Play the cheerleader role and get some life into Goodison. Dude may just get the permanent job and then get them relegated.

Greet first half from Everton. I’m glad Dunc wasn’t in charge against us. He’d have had them flying into tackles.

Would love a couple of Everton players at Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom