• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games 17-19 October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole keeps his job so for another while.

Good to see Bruno finally miss a penalty.
Does it even matter when they still hit 4 ! If you are going to miss one that would be the match to do it in. And he still scored a quality goal. Newcastle were utter shite.

Steve Bruce must have the record of being in charge for defeats against the scum.

That aguero thing needs to be a red. It’s so weird, a tug on the shoulder to get their attention is cheeky but somewhat acceptable, that crossed a line.

That aguero thing needs to be a red. It’s so weird, a tug on the shoulder to get their attention is cheeky but somewhat acceptable, that crossed a line.

Nothing will happen.

[article]The rules state that touching an official is not an offence unless done in an aggressive or threatening manner. It is understood that the PGMOL do not view Agüero’s action as falling into either of these categories.
[/article]

Yeah, I'd be all for a ban usually, but it was nothing. A little rude maybe, but nothing ban-worthy at all. Wouldn't surprise me if he got a month ban either though with these officious tards in charge.

Nothing will happen.

[article]The rules state that touching an official is not an offence unless done in an aggressive or threatening manner. It is understood that the PGMOL do not view Agüero’s action as falling into either of these categories.
[/article]

Makes sense, i always grab the staff in Tesco by the neck to ask them where something is.

Seriously though yea nothing will come of it because it can be construed as harmless but imo especially if more female officials are going to be brought into the game it’s probably best to set the standards early - nothing more than a tap on the shoulder, male or female.

Nothing will happen.

[/article]
According to The Mirror that isn't the case :

"The rules actually stipulate that any physical contact with a referee or assistant warrants either a yellow or a red card. So he was let off there,"

Makes sense, i always grab the staff in Tesco by the neck to ask them where something is.

Seriously though yea nothing will come of it because it can be construed as harmless but imo especially if more female officials are going to be brought into the game it’s probably best to set the standards early - nothing more than a tap on the shoulder, male or female.
It was indeed sexist .. would he have put his arm around a male assistant referee? Obviously not. Retrospective Yellow Card and a warning sets a precedent.

It was indeed sexist .. would he have put his arm around a male assistant referee? Obviously not. Retrospective Yellow Card and a warning sets a precedent.

I reckon he probably would have. It was nothing, and in any case calling for him to be punished over this is how we've ended up with over-officious morons drawing lines for toenails and elbows for offside. You need nuance and context. The game is being ruined.

Yup sounds about right. The more i watch it the less serious it looks but it’s just a weird thing to do.

I reckon he probably would have. It was nothing, and in any case calling for him to be punished over this is how we've ended up with over-officious morons drawing lines for toenails and elbows for offside. You need nuance and context. The game is being ruined.

Disagree, it’s one of the often cited positives in rugby. Respect for officials.

Yeah, it was inappropriate. Disrespectful, yeah. But you're talking rugby vs football. There are different rules, a different culture. If there's a rule about laying a hand on an official, even in a non-threatening manner, then okay, punish him. But there's conflicting reports about that. And again, apply some nuance and critical thinking. I doubt you'd be calling for Mane to be booked had he done that and you were honest with yourself.

Bringing sexism into it is wrong and dangerous, too, and is indicative of what's wrong with some aspects of society now. If he had grabbed her tit and made a honking noise, then yeah, that's sexist and grossly inappropriate, and assault. But when you're trying to apportion malicious intention to a largely meaningless gesture, with complete disregard for the context and what was being said, then you're continuing to march into this murky, dangerous territory we currently find ourselves in in wider society. A place where large, multinational corporations have actually outlawed eye contact with the opposite sex for longer than 5 seconds else you be sacked for sexual harassment.

If Mane did that i wouldn’t have liked it either, I’d definitely be asking wtf that was about.

You wouldn’t need that entire second paragraph if it was declared that touching an official is a yellow card. This was my original point, set the standard and remove any mention of sexism.

He was different because it was a female assistant. Had it been a male he’d have screaming something like “You blind cunt that was our ball open your fucking eyes”.

If Mane did that i wouldn’t have liked it either, I’d definitely be asking wtf that was about.

You wouldn’t need that entire second paragraph if it was declared that touching an official is a yellow card. This was my original point, set the standard and remove any mention of sexism.

I kinda merged a response to you and Frogfish.

Fair enough on your Mane point. Assuming you're being honest, and I'll believe you are.

There definitely needs to be more respect for officials. The amount of red cards Rooney should've received in his career for screaming "Fuck off you twat!" in the referee's face is countless. But I'd argue we need to clamp down on that first, rather than getting in a tizz over harmless things like what Aguero did.

Fulham have a pen against Sheffield United. Great looking “save” from the Sheffield United player.

Mitrovic with a bad bad miss.

He was different because it was a female assistant. Had it been a male he’d have screaming something like “You blind cunt that was our ball open your fucking eyes”.

So, let's punish the harmless touch of the shoulder and attempt of starting a conversation just because it's a woman, and let the verbal threatening and abuse slide because it's a man. I know you're joking, but it's backwards and has gone too far, hasn't it?

I’m definitely joking and we see players touch the officials all the time. There was nothing in it.

They are probably more respectful to her because she’s a woman.

I kinda merged a response to you and Frogfish.

Fair enough on your Mane point. Assuming you're being honest, and I'll believe you are.

There definitely needs to be more respect for officials. The amount of red cards Rooney should've received in his career for screaming "Fuck off you twat!" in the referee's face is countless. But I'd argue we need to clamp down on that first, rather than getting in a tizz over harmless things like what Aguero did.

Yea i admitted it looks more minor the more i see it, honestly i don’t get how anyone gets involved with refereeing given the amount of hassle they get.

They best get ahead of the problem before we get our first trans official and the shit really hits the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom