• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One To Watch: Jacob Bruun Larsen (19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay Age El

Well-Known
The wait is over as I've got a new piece lined up for you, giving you the hot insights on some of the purest and raw talents outside of Britain. We should probably buy this lad tomorrow.

First of all and let me make this very clear, he's Danish.

Secondly and almost as important this lad is going to be very totally awesome.

Thirdly, here's why.

At 18-years of age he got his first game for Dortmund under his belt, in a cup game, where his reflected shot became the decisive goal. He then got injured badly and missed the opportunities to get his real debut in the Bundesliga underway. It came however a few weeks back and last night he then tore Real Madrid's Youth team a new one, in Dortmund's Youth 5-3 romp.

Pulisic or Bruun Larsen
Bruun Larsen, the fiercely paced winger with more than a few tricks up his sleeve, assisted two and scored two and was a head above anyone else on the pitch. Hardly a surprise though, as pundits within the German club believes that if it wasn't for the extraordinary Pulisic (a Liverpool target at about same age as Bruun Larsen) and his rise to the stars at the speed of light, the Dane would've played more - or as much - as his American teammate, as they are often being mentioned as equally talented and promising.

This current lack of opportunities is something we might could turn into our favour as Pulisic already seems to be well and truly out of our price range with the richest clubs around seemingly all hot on his tail.

Goals and leadership
Bruun Larsen is not only a speed merchant with silky skills, he's also a free-scoring attacking midfielder which is clearly underlined by the impressive fact, that he's outscored everyone in the Youth Bundesliga and have tallied 5 goals more than the 2nd on the list. And he's been played mainly on the wing.

Finally the 1.83 tall attacking-minded player is being talked about as a leader on and off the pitch also capable of playing everywhere across the front 3 (or 4). Very Klopp-like I should believe. Add to that, he's also a very firm set piece taker, whether it's free kicks or penalties, he's converting them in to goals.

Lars Ricken on Bruun Larsen
Dortmund Youth Coordinator Ricken has commented a while back that he's never seen a player so equally talented with both feet as this young lad is, which makes him nigh on impossible to stop for defenders, as he can chose whichever way to turn them, as well as it makes him lethal in front of goal as the keeper never knows what side to defend.

Also, when representing Denmark at the Olympics, some of the older players in the setup was flabbergasted when they first played alongside him, stating that they had never seen a young kid with so much potential and calmness, combined with a marvellous attitude to boot.

For the geek

His two assists and goals last night

Last edited:
But is he definitely Danish? He doesn't look Danish enough for me *squints holding little cut-out viking helmet in front of screen*. I suspect he has Finnish blood you know.

I'd love to see this "reflected shot" .... are you sure he is the real deal, and it's not a case of "smoke & mirrors"?

But is he definitely Danish? He doesn't look Danish enough for me *squints holding little cut-out viking helmet in front of screen*. I suspect he has Finnish blood you know.
He does look almost too blonde, I agree!!

But as I am wearing my hat made entirely out of organic bacon and have just downed a chilled can of Carlsberg I am pretty sure any Finnish blood has been well and truly countered for..

I'd love to see this "reflected shot" .... are you sure he is the real deal, and it's not a case of "smoke & mirrors"?
This was a truly awesome reflected shot mind you..

*All of his touches in his debut-game in the cup, gives you an indication of what type of player he is.

So did you spot him before Dortmund did. If not. Why not?
Well, I knew that there was some chatter about a talented kid at Lyngby BK at the time (my dad's friend was their goalie coach of +15-years) but I had never seen him play myself before he was moving to Germany.

Apologies.

BTW, Lyngby are producing talented players galore at the moment.

Jens Odgaard, 18, scored a hat trick last weekend in Inter's 3-0 win over arch rivals AC Milan in their Primavera tournament.

Last edited:
BTW, Lyngby are producing talented players galore at the moment.

Jens Odgaard, 18, scored a hat trick in the weekend in Inter's 3-0 win over arch rivals AC Milan in their Primavera tournament.

D'you think we could buy them as a feeder club?

How is the last starlet who signed up for real madid doing since his move. should be worth a punt or is that guy another le-tal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom