• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh Jota night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan of his. He makes stuff happen and is always on the move. We're clearly going for cheaper players and forgoing the resale value we normally prioritize. Covid has fucked us... but if it doesn't get better we're putting a natural wall at the end of our greatness unless we can churn out the yoof.

He’s 23 hardly old.

Sensational signing.

Really like this player.

Some of you haven’t a fucking clue if you aren’t excited by this.

Perfect addition and exactly the kind of player we need to shake things up in games where the front 3 aren’t having the best game.

Edwards is a Genius

He's is the magical Man

Key to getting the deal done was Wolves’ willingness to be flexible on payment terms. They have accepted less than 10% of the guaranteed figure in the next 12 months. Most of that offset by initial payment from Wolves for Hoever.

Before popping the champagne, he is 3rd choice after Werner and Sarr.

We'd obviously have werner were it not for corona, or some other really generational talent.

And I would be stuck in this shit job and would have been able to travel to some place more exotic than maine.

That's life. At least we have jota. And I apparently should be grateful for my shit job too!

I've watched Sarr when he was at Rennes (Europa league) and I'm surprised he's rated so highly to be honest. I think that one game against us, and the fact he's Mane's "little bro" have made fans think they're similar players or he's a world class talent.

Sarr is very one footed, isn't much of a goal threat, doesn't really display extraordinary technique, doesn't make many intelligent runs and doesn't pick up intelligent spaces between the lines. He's a very raw talent; a physical specimen with good dribbling technique; but he's a big development project still. No doubt Jurgen could make a player out of him, but right now, he's not able to come in and be relied on, which is what I think we need more than anything in this condensed season.

He’s 23 hardly old.
Yeah, actually I didn't check. I was basing that on my memory of how impressed I was by his craftiness... I just assumed that had come with experience. So, I am more impressed now.

Anyway...
1. I am surprised we are comfortable doing business with Mendes, I thought he was difficult.
2. It was less that a week ago that Mark told me to leave the site cause I was annoyed by the negativity and shit being thrown at our World Champions.... well.... "are you not entertained?" now

Last edited:
There's obviously some dodgy accounting shit behind this and the Hoever deal but it still feels a bit weird reading "45M for Diogo Jota"

There's obviously some dodgy accounting shit behind this and the Hoever deal but it still feels a bit weird reading "45M for Diogo Jota"
Fucking 45M ? Fucking hell that really is mad. Anyway, just hope he aint no sick-note like Lallana, and the other guy we signed today. Also glad we did not sign that guy from Watford, if he really was our first choice, I dont rate him at all.

Yeah, actually I didn't check. I was basing that on my memory of how impressed I was by his craftiness... I just assumed that had come with experience. So, I am more impressed now.

Anyway...
1. I am surprised we are comfortable doing business with Mendes, I thought he was difficult.
2. It was less that a week ago that Mark told me to leave the site cause I was annoyed by the negativity and shit being thrown at our World Champions.... well.... "are you not entertained?" now

absolutely. I’m delighted I think he’ll add a huge dimension to our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom