• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh Jota night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf is going on.
source.gif

https://statsbomb.com/2020/09/wolverhampton-wanderers-season-preview-2020-21/

[article]
Part of the Wolves oeuvre is ball carrying at pace. It's not just Traoré either. Some experimental numbers I generated for speed with directness of ball carrying saw Diogo Jota rank fastest in the league, with Raúl Jiménez ranking fairly high too. Ironically, Traoré ranked a way back for this specific measure, which was likely a function of his tendency to stand up to the defender and essentially stalling before moving, but he ranked top in the league for average distance per carry into or inside the final third, with Jota third. Wolves as a whole attempt more actual dribbles (~take-ons) than any other team in the league, and carry the ball for longer distances everywhere high up the pitch right up into the box. This is a team that relies strongly on attackers that can transition through zones with the ball at their feet, as we can see when we look at longer carries for those three players:

jota-carries.png

[/article]

True, the only fast outlet that Wolves have is Traore. Now, if only we could get him...

£35m is the touted price for Jota, seems rather high for some one who has only scored 7 goals in the league with 1 assist. I know his European tally is better, but the opposition was likely worse than the average PL side. I don't understand why him, when £35m could buy you Sarr or Daka both of whom can play on the wings, both of whom have pace

Last edited:
For £35m+, why didn’t we just pony up the £45m for Werner.
I guess it will be over wages. Jota will prob be happy under 100k and Werner is on 350k a week did I hear? More than Salah and van Dijk, not surprising we said no

£35m is the touted price for Jota, seems rather high for some one who has only scored 7 goals in the league with 1 assist. I know his European tally is better, but the opposition was likely worse than the average PL side. I don't understand why him, when £35m could buy you Sarr or Daka both of whom can play on the wings and dive you pace

You're blinded by pace.

So much more to football.

Jota is a better footballer right now.

We don't need another project like Origi to be replacing Mane/Salah.

I’m waiting impatiently here!!!!!

FEp0wDij_x96.jpg

James Pearce

@JamesPearceLFC
·
4m

TWO DONE DEALS..... * #LFC sign Diogo Jota for £45m on a five-year contract. Initial fee of £41m rising to £45m. * Ki-Jana Hoever going in the opposite direction in a £13.5m deal. £9m guaranteed/£4.5m in add-ons. #LFC have negotiated 15% sell-on clause

lB-6vbPU

iOYQVM2n_x96.jpg

Paul Gorst

@ptgorst
·
8m

Liverpool have tonight sealed a £41m deal for Wolves' Diogo Jota. The 23-year-old signs on a five-year deal and the fee could reach £45m.

t_mX85oe

Diogo Jota joins Liverpool in £45m transfer deal
A busy day for Liverpool has seen Diogo Jota follow Thiago Alcantara through the door at Anfield
liverpoolecho.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom