• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Here's the thing. We have finally won our first trophy under Klopp – after narrowly missing out in 2016-17 and 2017-18 and on the league title this year. But this in no way satisfies my hunger – now I want to win the league, I want #7, and I want the domestic cups and the UEFA Super Cup. This is a truly great team at the peak of its powers and they should use this period to dramatically expand the trophy cabinet at Melwood. This is just the beginning.

Last edited:
Here's the thing. We have finally won our first trophy under Klopp – after narrowly missing out in 2017 and 2018 and on the league title this year. But this in no way satisfies my hunger – now I want to win the league, I want #7, and I want the domestic cups and the UEFA Super Cup. This is a truly great team at the peak of its powers and they should use this period to add as many trophies as possible. This is just the beginning.

You are absolutely right - I like that greedy feeling you have right now. The one thing that makes all those things possible now, is that we have just won the big one, and it will give the players the belief and motivation that they can go onto win other shit at this club, and not just be perennial runners up in every final they get to. We still require additions to this squad in terms of a creative individual that can break through the games we end up drawing, plus a defensive controller like VVD so that the big guy can be rested on occasions. We should look to add at least 2 to 3 quality players that will allow us to compete in every competition next season. City proved it can be done, and I would say we would actually be in a better position to achieve this next season with the right player acquisitions than they are as our best players are around the same age group.

That's exactly it.

We cannot fall away like we have every other time we looked like we were back since 90

Here's the thing. We have finally won our first trophy under Klopp – after narrowly missing out in 2017 and 2018 and on the league title this year. But this in no way satisfies my hunger – now I want to win the league, I want #7, and I want the domestic cups and the UEFA Super Cup. This is a truly great team at the peak of its powers and they should use this period to add as many trophies as possible. This is just the beginning.
Was gonna mention the club world cup, but I just saw that it has been scrapped

It’s amazing to win NIMBER 6! But yeh, the second thing I though was that this is massive going forward. Monkey off the back and all that. This team and this manager is going serious places

That's exactly it.

We cannot fall away like we have every other time we looked like we were back since 90

This is a better team than anything we have put together since 1990 though. All those sides were one or two players short, missing a vital ingredient to make them a great side. This team isnt, maybe a bit more squad depth but this team isnt lacking anything. If we keep this team together for 2 more years we will win a title, I have no doubt.

It feels like the beginning of something, rather than the culmination doesn't it?

It's a young team with years to grow, funds to support and a winning game plan philosophy and mentality. Oh and the world's best manager.

For the first time I can remember in a long time, we're properly attractive to come to for World class players. The team seem to have so much fun. You'd want to be part of that wouldn't you? Not even before you take into account that players will move to a more successful club. Ironically, whilst we could afford it, and we'd be attractive to virtually any player for the first time in I don't know how long, it seems we might not go big in the transfer market this summer. That's partly because we don't need to, other than right/left back cover.

The limits for this team seem to have no ceiling whilst we have Klopp. Hopefully he'll be here for another 10 years at least... #startofanera

This is a better team than anything we have put together since 1990 though. All those sides were one or two players short, missing a vital ingredient to make them a great side. This team isnt, maybe a bit more squad depth but this team isnt lacking anything. If we keep this team together for 2 more years we will win a title, I have no doubt.

We do look stronger although the final last year and this year proved we don't have anywhere the most technically gifted midfield. We couldn't string 5 passes together. Something we should look at.

But who cares NO 6

Let's talk about six baby!!

It feels like the beginning of something, rather than the culmination doesn't it?

It's a young team with years to grow, funds to support and a winning game plan philosophy and mentality. Oh and the world's best manager.

For the first time I can remember in a long time, we're properly attractive to come to for World class players. The team seem to have so much fun. You'd want to be part of that wouldn't you? Not even before you take into account that players will move to a more successful club. Ironically, whilst we could afford it, and we'd be attractive to virtually any player for the first time in I don't know how long, it seems we might not go big in the transfer market this summer. That's partly because we don't need to, other than right/left back cover.

The limits for this team seem to have no ceiling whilst we have Klopp. Hopefully he'll be here for another 10 years at least... #startofanera

I loved Mane saying he was already at the sexiest club in the world.

I want us challenging on all 4 fronts next year now Klopp and the team have the monkey off our backs.

I'll only accept going out of domestic cups to the top 4 (at home) or the top 8 (away).. but no lower divisions sides.

We need to expand the squad a little, and go for everything.

What I do like though is now Klopp and the players have won the European Cup (and let's face it, for the likes of Salah and Mane, that's a bigger deal than a league title).. they can now focus on the priority of the fans - the league.

On the other hand, hopefully City's players will have their eye on the CL (becoming the last chance saloon for the likes of Silva and Aguero) and they take their focus off the league, especially if it's close again April-May time.

I wouldn't bet against us getting into another champions league final,we will definitely sign a couple of players

Looks like we'll have to make a journey to other side of the planet around Dec for the World Club championship.. plus we'll have a Super cup to play for V Chelsea.
We definitely need a larger squad and as mentioned once we contact a player it shouldn't be that difficult to convince them to join us now.

I saw a stat that said though that looked like the best first 11 it was the first time they started, that can't be right can it?

Just been announced the World Club cup thing will be in Qatar in December. No need for a warm weather training next season then.

Last edited:
We definitely need a few extra faces if we're going to challenge for the domestic cups and the world club cup, on top of the League, Europe and Afcon. The question is, do we buy players capable of pushing current first team players or do we go all out to get players capable of stepping straight into the first team, replacing current players? As things stand, my head tells me we need more quality in midfield creativity, some quality alternatives to rotate with our front three and a deputy fullback or two, but my heart is crying for the current harmony to continue without anyone being pushed lower down the pecking order. I don't want to see a look of disappointment on Shaq's lil' face, I don't want to have to contemplate Alex-O being just a bit part player next season, I wanna see Gini stepping up and consistently hitting his heights, I want to see Joël Matip justly rewarded for his magnificent season and I can't wait to see if there's anything more to come from him and I want to see Rhian Brewster come through unimpeded and hopefully taking his chance.

Qatar? You'd get your hand chopped off for having the kind of weekend we're having. Get fucked. Literally anywhere else in the world and I'd be booking flights right now

Qatar? You'd get your hand chopped off for having the kind of weekend we're having. Get fucked. Literally anywhere else in the world and I'd be booking flights right now
Have you been stealing stuff?

I almost got arrested for jumping the barrier at a metro station.

Was only trying to get to the other side of a junction.

Just my luck the world's wiriest jobsworth female copper saw me lol

4Echbl8.jpg

Liverpool look set to take part in the 2019 Club World Cup after FIFA confirmed plans to discuss the upcoming competition, despite initial thoughts that the annual competition could be scrapped in favour of a tournament every four years.

The Champions League winners have traditionally taken part each year, although FIFA approved plans to get rid of the annual tournament back in March, with a new 24-team competition planned for 2021 instead.

However, FIFA have not helped confusion about the situation by confirming that they will discuss the host of the 2019 Club World Cup as part of their agenda for a meeting in Paris on Monday.

Plans for the 24-team competition have raised more questions than answers, with many clubs thought to be prepared to boycott the expanded tournament, which would take part over June and July, amid concerns that players would miss out on vital recovery periods over summer.

The European Club Association, which boasts members such as Liverpool, Real Madrid and Manchester United, released a statement to the Associated Press (via the Daily Mail) which read: "Our clubs won't participate in the 2021 edition of the Club World Cup, and we will assess participation in editions after 2024."
UEFA also added: "UEFA shares the ECA's view that the international match calendar in 2021 does not provide any realistic option to stage a 24-team Club World Cup and that it should furthermore not be played at a time when players should have a well-deserved rest period."

With such uncertainty around the expanded competition, it appears FIFA may have opted to continue with the annual Club World Cup, at least until they can resolve the issues surrounding their initial plan.

Liverpool will enter the semi-final stage of the competition, which is set to be held in December, where they will face the winner of South America's Copa Libertadores, which is yet to be decided.

Like this season then
Yep. Pretty much. The same standard I set for the team at the start of this past season, which is why I defended Klopp when people were criticising those defeats to Chelsea and Wolves. We got unlucky draws and some godawful scheduling.

This coming year we'll hopefully have an easier CL group and can afford to put more into the league cup early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom