• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New home kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should all be concerned that they’re running through smoke in all these photos.

What kind of message does this send to the fans? The only thing missing is the smoldering wreckage of a bus in the background.

I like it as well tbh. Still looks 'simple' & classic, but a little smarter than usual with the polo shirt style hidden button collar.

Glad we've kept the darker red, but the design is a bit shit. It was always good for to be a step-down after this years shirt, which is as good as a kit can be in this day and age.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Da1dxTRWAAAB-vT.jpg
That's a Fucking training kit that surely

We get the best home kit we've had in 20 odd years and they change it to a shite one within 12 months. Typical!

Looks like a training kit.

I hate grey kits, with the honourable exception of this one:

397296_179954715442141_100002828408582_256427_1740053281_n.jpg

Even that one. To me it just reminds me of when we (sort of) replaced Hansen with Hysen. There was a greyness about the whole team then - greyness as in age, greyness as in style of play. Grey's a bad idea for shirts.

I think there should be a first team shirt and a fan shirt. The design of the first team shirt should generally stick faithfully to the traditional template - a 'proper' red with white around the neck and cuffs, with as few embellishments as possible - and should be relaunched with slight changes every four years. The fan shirt should be given to the foppish designer geeks and relaunched every year, with whatever crap they want on it, and will never been worn by proper footballers, just the selfie-taking twats who now blight the game. The first team shirt would be premium priced to reflect it'll last for at least four years, the fan shirt would be priced to reflect an annual turnover (and they'll sell more than now without exploiting so shamelessly working class families).

Player association.
Ronnie Whelan.
Great idea for a thread...kits and the players you associate with each.

For that grey one, I agree with Macca...Glenn Hysen. The home version of the same would be John Barnes back-heeling the banana.

Mate thats my Kenny kit
I always associate that kit with the European Cup Final...not one of his better games and he was subbed to make way for Michael Robinson.

To be fair though, I associate every kit from 1978 to 1986 as my Kenny kit!

Not liking this one so much, prefer this seasons....

Why cant they ever do a neck similar to the 89-90 shirt?

Also those white strips (bird shit) looks a bit gash....

I think there should be a first team shirt and a fan shirt. The design of the first team shirt should generally stick faithfully to the traditional template - a 'proper' red with white around the neck and cuffs, with as few embellishments as possible - and should be relaunched with slight changes every four years. The fan shirt should be given to the foppish designer geeks and relaunched every year, with whatever crap they want on it, and will never been worn by proper footballers, just the selfie-taking twats who now blight the game. The first team shirt would be premium priced to reflect it'll last for at least four years, the fan shirt would be priced to reflect an annual turnover (and they'll sell more than now without exploiting so shamelessly working class families).

To be fair there's fairly few embellishments on that new kit. Almost entirely Red....but it still feels a bit meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom