• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2020-21

The Gonzaga-UCLA semi-final game ended like this last night:

Gonzaga v Baylor for the national championship. Two historically good teams. I think they've lost a combined 8 games over the last 2 years.

Btw, Jalen Suggs is going to be a star. Projected top 3 pick in this year's draft which is shaping to be very good.

The Gonzaga-UCLA semi-final game ended like this last night:

Gonzaga v Baylor for the national championship. Two historically good teams. I think they've lost a combined 8 games over the last 2 years.

Btw, Jalen Suggs is going to be a star. Projected top 3 pick in this year's draft which is shaping to be very good.

Baylor first real showing? I dont remember them being here before.
Props to Zags, great program... looks like it's still few as coach? Maybe he should be on shortlist to replace roy at unc?

Yeah, first showing for Baylor in the final I think.

The final should be good. Both teams have a couple of NBA prospects.

Gonzaga with Suggs and Kispert who should both be lottery picks. Suggs should be top 3. Ayayi and Timme could go in the 2nd as well.

Baylor meanwhile have 2 guards - Jared Butler and Davion Mitchell both of whom should be 1st round picks.

Nets are just super impressive.

No Durant - no worries

Today, Harden left the court early due to injury.

No problems - Irving has it all under control.

Suns balling out this year. Chris Paul is a beast. Hugely looking forward to the playoffs this year :)

Very little chance of a title, but after 11 years, I'm just happy to see playoff basketball.

The good thing is that there's a high degree of parity in the league at the moment, and no clear favourite. With some luck, about 6 teams could win the title. I'd put the Suns at the bottom of that group, but hey, it's still way better than the last decade.

I think the Clippers are the title favourites this time around. They've made smart additions.
Got rid of Lou Will and Harrell and replaced them with Ibaka and Rondo. Two champions with a lot of play off experience.

I have feeling that the Nets will be vulnerable in defence and won't make the final because of it.

Biggest question mark for me are the Lakers. I really don't want to doubt LeBron because he's proven time and time again that he can turn it up when it matters. But does he have a enough time to get fit? It's like his first season in LA when he also came back from injury late. Wasn't enough to make the playoffs back then.
Davis is getting better and better with each game. Just had 36 points in the loss against the Blazers.
So, it'll be interesting to see.

Clippers are the toughest team we've faced all year, and I'd have them favourites for coming out of the West. The addition of Rondo is huge. Hate that dude, but he really knows how to play in the playoffs.

In the East, if the Nets' big 3 are healthy and fit, then I suspect their offensive talent is simply too overwhelming for anyone to beat them. Having said that, they've struggled to stay fit for any consistent period of time. I could see Giannis finally getting to the finals. The Nets have nobody to stop him either.

Clippers are the toughest team we've faced all year, and I'd have them favourites for coming out of the West. The addition of Rondo is huge. Hate that dude, but he really knows how to play in the playoffs.

In the East, if the Nets' big 3 are healthy and fit, then I suspect their offensive talent is simply too overwhelming for anyone to beat them. Having said that, they've struggled to stay fit for any consistent period of time. I could see Giannis finally getting to the finals. The Nets have nobody to stop him either.

I don't follow NBA that much. When I was living in Austin, had a couple of Argentinian friends who were kind enough to give me a ride to watch a couple of Spurs games. They used to go to watch Manu play. Slowly became a fan of the Spurs. I was actually lucky enough to watch one of the 2007 Spurs Suns playoff games - Spurs big three vs Steve Nash and Amari. The atmosphere, the quality of basketball, the camaraderie between the players, and the respect between Spurs players and Suns players. It in a way spoiled basketball for me as nothing I watched later lived up to that. I mean there were closer games, higher series but there was something about that series that elevated it to a higher plane. Two sets of great players coached by great coaches duking it out and respecting each other. Anyways, after that the team I look out for is Spurs. But if the Spurs don't win, then I hope the Suns win it.

I don't follow NBA that much. When I was living in Austin, had a couple of Argentinian friends who were kind enough to give me a ride to watch a couple of Spurs games. They used to go to watch Manu play. Slowly became a fan of the Spurs. I was actually lucky enough to watch one of the 2007 Spurs Suns playoff games - Spurs big three vs Steve Nash and Amari. The atmosphere, the quality of basketball, the camaraderie between the players, and the respect between Spurs players and Suns players. It in a way spoiled basketball for me as nothing I watched later lived up to that. I mean there were closer games, higher series but there was something about that series that elevated it to a higher plane. Two sets of great players coached by great coaches duking it out and respecting each other. Anyways, after that the team I look out for is Spurs. But if the Spurs don't win, then I hope the Suns win it.
Suns fans have a very different recollection of the 2007 series :D

What with Robert Horry's cheap shot to Steve Nash's face, the absurd suspensions handed out to Amare and Diaw, Tim Donaghy's corrupt officiating, 2007 is the one year all Suns fans remember as the year they got robbed of the championship by a corrupt NBA.

That said, I have a lot of respect for Pop and Duncan and Manu and Parker.

Playoffs bracket set:

Jazz v Grizzlies
Suns v Lakers
Nuggets v Blazers
Clippers v Mavs

Sixers v Wizards
Nets v Celtics
Bucks v Heat
Knicks v Hawks

Playoffs bracket set:

Jazz v Grizzlies
Suns v Lakers
Nuggets v Blazers
Clippers v Mavs

Sixers v Wizards
Nets v Celtics
Bucks v Heat
Knicks v Hawks

Jazz in 4, Lakers (unfortunately) in 7, Nuggers in 7, CLippers (unfortunately) in 6

Sixers in 5, Nets in 6, Heat in 7, Knicks in 7

Playoffs have been crazy already

Jazz v Grizzlies - Jazz don't let Mitchell play, despite him saying he's healthy ... They lose game 1 ... Game 2 tonight ...
Suns v Lakers - Suns beat Lakers game 1 with Anthony Davis shit. Proceed to lose game 2 with Anthony Davis great. This could go 7.
Nuggets v Blazers - Dame time during game 1, Joker answers in game 2 ... 1-1, and this may go 7 too.
Clippers v Mavs - Doncic has been unreal, 2-0 hole for the Clippers

Sixers v Wizards 1-0 to the Sixers, though it was tight early and the difference was Harris. Game 2 tonight
Nets v Celtics - 2-0 to Nets already, should be a sweep.
Bucks v Heat - 2-0 ... Think I was dead wrong - series over ... Heat will be back next year with Kwahi?
Knicks v Hawks ... Knicks fans, "Fuck Trae Young" ... he hits game winner 1-0, game 2 tonight

Chris Paul is clearly injured. I don't know how the Suns beat the Lakers without him. They'd have taken game 2 as well if he'd been fit. Just so disappointing.

Yah they are basically the same level with an injured Paul ... if he's healthy, you win ... hopefully somehow, he is.

Yah they are basically the same level with an injured Paul ... if he's healthy, you win ... hopefully somehow, he is.
He doesn't look good. Shoulder's bothering him and he can't shoot at all. He sat out most of the 4th quarter today.

I think he needs about a week or two heal.

Loved this pic from last night:

192039021_10165231107800461_8493296656642486062_n.jpg

What on earth is wrong with the Clippers? Luka is incredible, but that Mavs team isn't that good that it should be taking a 2-0 lead on the road.

George is an absolute fraud, and there's now something clearly wrong with Kawhi as well.

What on earth is wrong with the Clippers? Luka is incredible, but that Mavs team isn't that good that it should be taking a 2-0 lead on the road.

George is an absolute fraud, and there's now something clearly wrong with Kawhi as well.

I think that's really being harsh on the Mavs ... they've shot 45%+ from 3s in both games, because they don't know what to with Luka.
They are continually letting him get into 1v1 vs Beverely or Zubac, instead of Kwahi and PG.
What's amazing about his two games is he's got 5 points total in the 4th quarters ... The Mavericks team is just hitting shots - Hardaway, Brunson (I think one of the best back up PG in the game), DFS & KP.
I just think George is struggling with the pressure - it's a far different animal, and he's proven since he's joined teams that expect to win, he's struggled.
I don't know what's up with Kwahi - but he's with a different team next year ... Maybe the pressure of actually having to win as the leader or bona fide star is too much for him. Never had to do it with the Spurs or Raptors (he was the star here but there was no pressure to win).
Series isn't over yet though ...

Haven't watched much of that series. I like Brunson, great player. All those Villanova kids are terrific. I don't think DFS or Hardaway or even KP are a good enough cast to do serious damage in the playoffs. Looks like Luka is hurt now too. No matter though, you'll put a great squad around Luka sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile, the Suns-Lakers series has taken another twist. Chris Paul played the best he has so far, though he's clearly still not anywhere close to a 100%. AD is now out with a groin injury and might miss game 5.

Let's hope we give them complete hell. Want to send the Lakers back home crying.

Haven't watched much of that series. I like Brunson, great player. All those Villanova kids are terrific. I don't think DFS or Hardaway or even KP are a good enough cast to do serious damage in the playoffs. Looks like Luka is hurt now too. No matter though, you'll put a great squad around Luka sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile, the Suns-Lakers series has taken another twist. Chris Paul played the best he has so far, though he's clearly still not anywhere close to a 100%. AD is now out with a groin injury and might miss game 5.

Let's hope we give them complete hell. Want to send the Lakers back home crying.

Fuck the Lakers.

I'm not even a basketball fan but just came in here to say...

Did anyone catch the Nuggets v the Trailblazers?

Damien Lillard is amazing! CLUTCH.

Back
Top Bottom