• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2015/2016

Easy win for GSW. Cavs could never trouble them. The bench won it for them this time. Can't see Warriors lose one game at home in the finals.

It's not that straight forward Arn.
1) Curry and Thompson were terrible - 20 points combined. Was that Cleveland's D?
2) GS's bench was incredible - will they really outperform the Cav's bench (which is very solid) by +30 the next game?

Game 2 will tell us if we have a series or not ...

Eh, I think Curry and Thompson were just missing open shots. I think statistically this was one of their worst games in the last couple years.

Cleveland can either get decent scoring or competent defense from their bench, not both. And if their bench guys do play well enough in both phases of the game, it's tough to see that consistency playing out over a series of any length.

Eh, I think Curry and Thompson were just missing open shots. I think statistically this was one of their worst games in the last couple years.

Well, if it was their D then we will have a great series hopefully. If that was just one of those nights, then unless James changes as a player overnight, I unfortunately don't see how Cleveland can hang with Gold State.

The Cavs won't win for a multitude of reasons, as much as it pains me to say, but the one that really amuses me is Kevin fucking Love, a max contract player, are you fucking kidding me?

Cleveland can either get decent scoring or competent defense from their bench, not both. And if their bench guys do play well enough in both phases of the game, it's tough to see that consistency playing out over a series of any length.

Part of their numbers are down to the fact that the offense was about getting the ball to whoever Irving was guarding.

Interesting result. Wasn't expected. Seems like the Cavs are better without Love.
JR Smith started to look like his old self and what a game by Kyrie.

Really hoping for a Cavs repeat in game 4, but even if they win Golden State look almost unbeatable at home.

Interesting result. Wasn't expected. Seems like the Cavs are better without Love.
JR Smith started to look like his old self and what a game by Kyrie.

Really hoping for a Cavs repeat in game 4, but even if they win Golden State look almost unbeatable at home.

Another sub par showing from the Splash Brothers - 29 points ...
COULD be a series - Game 4 will tell us a lot. Golden State will come out guns blazing, hoping to kill the game and then series back home. If Cleveland get anything similar from Kyrie AND LeBron, they'll win ...

COULD be a series - Game 4 will tell us a lot. Golden State will come out guns blazing, hoping to kill the game and then series back home. If Cleveland get anything similar from Kyrie AND LeBron, they'll win ...
Agreed.
To win these finals the Cavs need to win three games in a row. I really can't see it happening.
I'm expecting a close game in game 4, with the Cavs being the slight favourites.

Last edited:

Curry can't be even close to be 100%. Could be seven games because of that.

You can tell he isn't -

If he is 50% then I'm surprised. Cavs didn't mark him as hard in the last game as they did in the first two games. They concentrated more on the other players. Made a big difference.

Curry is physically fine, or at least as fine as anyone else can be at this point in the season.

2 reasons the Cavs won last night:

1. Lebron guarded Green for large chunks of the game and he Golden St's most crafty player and best passer. (He is also a total cunt and the spitting image of the donkey from Shrek)

2. The Cavs played much more physical and intense defense in game 3 than at any point previously in the playoffs. If they can match that defensive intensity in the subsequent games, particularly at Oracle, we will have a very different series from here on out.

Also Kyrie Irving finally showing up helps as well.

Does Cleveland bring Love in off the bench in game 4 as opposed to starting him if he is available for game 4? I would.

Does Cleveland bring Love in off the bench in game 4 as opposed to starting him if he is available for game 4? I would.

No I would not. I'd play him as the sixth player. Like the old mantra goes "you don't change a winning team".
Keeping Lebron in the PF role allows him to guard Green, also Jefferson is arguably a better utility player than Love, which made the team look more cohesive.
Jefferson is also better defensively.

Curry is physically fine, or at least as fine as anyone else can be at this point in the season.

2 reasons the Cavs won last night:

1. Lebron guarded Green for large chunks of the game and he Golden St's most crafty player and best passer. (He is also a total cunt and the spitting image of the donkey from Shrek)

2. The Cavs played much more physical and intense defense in game 3 than at any point previously in the playoffs. If they can match that defensive intensity in the subsequent games, particularly at Oracle, we will have a very different series from here on out.

Also Kyrie Irving finally showing up helps as well.

I'd be surprised if Cleveland was allowed to play defense anywhere near that physical in Golden State. Its crazy how much more the home team can get away with in each game without getting whistled.

No I would not. I'd play him as the sixth player. Like the old mantra goes "you don't change a winning team".
Keeping Lebron in the PF role allows him to guard Green, also Jefferson is arguably a better utility player than Love, which made the team look more cohesive.
Jefferson is also better defensively.

We're saying the same thing brother, I meant bring him in off the bench as opposed to starting him.

You're right, don't mess with what worked, plus I think he is a valid first or second option when playing with the backups so he won;t have to find ways to get involved in the game when he is out on the floor with Lebron and Irving.

I'd be surprised if Cleveland was allowed to play defense anywhere near that physical in Golden State. Its crazy how much more the home team can get away with in each game without getting whistled.

Yeah true, but they need to match the effort and intensity for sure, the refs will call it how they call it.

Which will obviously be pro-Golden St.

We're saying the same thing brother, I meant bring him in off the bench as opposed to starting him.

You're right, don't mess with what worked, plus I think he is a valid first or second option when playing with the backups so he won;t have to find ways to get involved in the game when he is out on the floor with Lebron and Irving.
Sorry dude. I was half asleep when I wrote that.

Very good game so far, Cleveland is bringing it again but Golden St is matching, Cleveland is going to have to man up for 3 more quarters to win it.

Tristian Thompson is playing like a fucking man so far.

Sadly, even though the game itself is shaping up to be awesome, all it is showing me is the Cleveland will never be able to steal a game in Oakland.

Fuck!! Warriors are putting the fucking hammer down, I am impressed. Cleveland is going to have to reach down deep to pull this one out. 6 minutes left in the game.

Down by 10 with 2:45 to go, Cavs seem to have lost their mind on offense and are jacking up some bullshit.

Lebron James just punked Draymond Green though.

Well, GSW 3-1 up now.

They showed in the second half why they are the best team ever. They pick up the pace when they need to and when they do it no one can stop them.

I've been watching only snippets from these games as I've been utterly meh about the Cavs' chances.

It's a roster full of low IQ players who show up to play defence only once in a while. There isn't a chance they beat the Warriors. The WCF was the real final for all practical purposes.

Draymond Green suspended for Game 5. Small window for the Cavs to get back into the series perhaps?

Draymond Green suspended for Game 5. Small window for the Cavs to get back into the series perhaps?
Maybe, but this is a really bad look for the NBA. Considering LeBron instigated this incident, and it's a 180 from the precedent set in the Thunder series.

Now it just seems like they're making the decisions that will extend a series.

I doubt that the Cavs win game five even that Green is out. LeBron must play one of his best games ever because the hate against him from the home fans will reach a new high.

Maybe, but this is a really bad look for the NBA. Considering LeBron instigated this incident, and it's a 180 from the precedent set in the Thunder series.

Now it just seems like they're making the decisions that will extend a series.

Green should have been banned in that series though ... He's making himself into one of the dirtiest players in the league ...

Back
Top Bottom