• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Midfielders other than Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana from Everton anyone?
The heir to Fabs.
Tielemans or Lavia, the heir to Thiago/Gini.
Bellingham, the heir to Hendo. Or Ramsey, if things pan out as expected?

I like both. But would Neverton sell to us?

If Southampton going down, we should look at picking up both him and KWP.

Tielemens - a baller, but I'm not sure he's suited to gengen pressing.

Ramsey is an interesting shout. Reminds me of a young Henderson. Bellingham is closer to a young Stevie.

Are we talking about Villa's Ramsey? He will not be cheap either, Declan Rice would be a better value option, they want £70m but he has one year left to his contract. I rate Ramsey, but he just doesn't have the same presence as a Rice or Jude. Mind you I wouldn't be unhappy.
Michael Olise is another name we should mention.... Like Ramsey doesn't ooze presence

Rice will move to one of the London clubs. Thuram for 35 mill £ makes much more sense.

There are at least some decent players around who could do a real job for us.
Rice is good, but will stay in London I think. Chelsea don´t need him, so Arsenal I imagine.

I’ve been saying it since last summer, we’ve already agreed a future price in July and it’s just the formalities.

Must be part of the song and dance. You dont track someone for 2-3 years and now cool the interest.

Lol. As if we were ever going to buy him.

Best case, we'll spend a total of about 100-120 million this summer and recoup 50 million through sales. Net spend of like 60-70 million.

Big jump from our usual 0-30 million net spends, but yeah don't expect much more.

I don’t expect even that much as a spend, see contract renewals all around for Ox and Milner.

Setting my expectations real low for now.

Must be part of the song and dance. You dont track someone for 2-3 years and now cool the interest.

Yeah. Although it won't be the first time (waiting for the "right" player, only to miss out on signing him). :rolleyes::p:oops:

But then, there were these (also quite obvious the English media has been briefed, for the news to come out all at once from different journalists):

Last edited:
So, who are we going to target as a "smokescreen"? I almost want articles stating we're offering new contracts to Milner, Ox, and Naby to come out just to watch the supporter base burn in fury.

@Beamrider do you see futures contracts in football?
No. Purchase options / rights of first refusal etc, but not futures (my understanding being that a future would be a committed purchase/sale, and a purchaser generally wouldn't want to commit in case the player lost form or got seriously injured).
Closet would be purchase and lend back (eg Keita, Grujic). Obviously both of those deals worked out brilliantly for us.

Yeah. Although it won't be the first time (waiting for the "right" player, only to miss out on signing him). :rolleyes::p:oops:

But then, there were these (also quite obvious the English media has been briefed, for the news to come out all at once from different journalists):

Indeed. All part of the song and dance. The narrative will change several times I guess.

I'm not sure what's going on. We mortgaged this season to get Jude, now I'll understand if Dortmund increase their asking price to say €150m upfront, and the club walked away. However, after Henry said the club will get funds to rebuild and he doesn't deliver, I hope fans show their discontent by protesting

The bigger question is whether Jude will come here without Champions League football. We can find the money to pay but as much as he loves going to concerts with Trent and as much a draw as Klopp is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom