• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mendy is not a rapist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Benjamin Mendy, 28, will face a retrial on one count of rape and another of attempted rape after jury failed to reach verdicts - as Manchester City star is cleared of seven other charges

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-28-CLEARED-six-counts-rape-sex-assault.html

------------------

OK, so sorry for asking this but don't certain women know what rape is any more?
I'm also thinking of the girl accusing Partey of rape. I mean she's someone he already had a relationship with and what she accused him of doing was bullshit. Especially considering what they'd done before.

So you can in the moment consent to have sex with several people have fun then feel shame about it afterwards and accuse someone of rape?

I couldn't give a shit about Mendy but these h-words (sorry not sorry) took more than a year of his football career away from him.

Very unsafe world to live in knowing as an innocent man or woman (which I'm not saying Mendy is or isn't) but in general, and being accused of something you know you nor the other person didn't do....going through what someone like Mendy has, must be the worst feeling because even if today had the judge read out not guilty on all counts of rape/attempted rape there will still be a large contingent of people who will brandish him as one....it's almost as if the public are the jurys of the aftermath of someone's trial.

Very unsafe world to live in.

Benjamin Mendy, 28, will face a retrial on one count of rape and another of attempted rape after jury failed to reach verdicts - as Manchester City star is cleared of seven other charges

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-28-CLEARED-six-counts-rape-sex-assault.html

------------------

OK, so sorry for asking this but don't certain women know what rape is any more?
I'm also thinking of the girl accusing Partey of rape. I mean she's someone he already had a relationship with and what she accused him of doing was bullshit. Especially considering what they'd done before.

So you can in the moment consent to have sex with several people have fun then feel shame about it afterwards and accuse someone of rape?

I couldn't give a shit about Mendy but these h-words (sorry not sorry) took more than a year of his football career away from him.

H-words?

Very unsafe world to live in knowing as an innocent man or woman (which I'm not saying Mendy is or isn't) but in general, and being accused of something you know you nor the other person didn't do....going through what someone like Mendy has, must be the worst feeling because even if today had the judge read out not guilty on all counts of rape/attempted rape there will still be a large contingent of people who will brandish him as one....it's almost as if the public are the jurys of the aftermath of someone's trial.

Very unsafe world to live in.

Well sometimes it's about accountability. Maybe I'm in the wrong here.
For instance my ex told me that she got raped by some bloke. The story goes she meets random bloke in a party, goes to his place, he gives her something to drink, she wakes up naked, doesn't remember anything.
I go, did you report him to the police? (She said no).
Well...why did you go home to someone you just met, aren't you putting yourself at risk?
This obviously started a fight.
She admits to me that she went to his place to have sex, but she wasn't sure that she got drugged, she drank a lot that evening.
I go, Oh but you told me you got raped.
Anyways... this went on all night....

My point is, what were these girls doing at Mendy's house? Playing monopoly?

Last edited:
As this is where stereotypes come in to play right....society will say this and that before it's considered consensual.

As a guy who's messed around (done nothing illegal - never been accused of anything illegal) as a teenager, I quickly grew into adulthood and quickly learned about manhood and masculinity & how easily manipulative/spiteful woman can be if they want to....they hold the power when it comes to these messy situations.

If I see a bunch of girls who I know are drunk/underage and it's late at night and we're hanging outside a club or something, walking along my street....I'm not thinking twice, I'm either driving them home or calling them a taxi. Simple morals I've grown to live by, and the last thing any other person should want is trouble on their doorstep.

Well sometimes it's about accountability. Maybe I'm in the wrong here.
For instance my ex told me that she got raped by some bloke. The story goes she meets random bloke in party, goes to his place, he gives her something to drink, she wakes up naked, doesn't remember anything.
I go, did you report him to the police? (She said no).
Well...why did you go home to someone you just met, aren't you putting yourself at risk?
This obviously started a fight.
She admits to me that she went his place to have sex, but she wasn't sure that she got drugged, she drank a lot that evening.
I go, Oh but you told me you got raped.
Anyways... this went on all night....

My point is, what were these girls doing at Mendy's house? Playing monopoly?

That is victim blaming, mate. a clear no no.

You do realise that only 1 in 100 rapes recorded by the Police resulted in a charge in 2021, let alone a conviction. For them to have enough evidence to charge, and with so many people coming forward, it's close to guaranteed he did something absolutely horrible, and likely multiple times.

To start victim-blaming against that backdrop is absurd.

Last edited:
Having been part of a jury on a rape case, the threshold to actually find someone guilty is stupidly specific.

We ended in a hung jury because of it 9-3 in favour of guilty, but the final 3 were entrenched in that they couldn't be sure. Yes they were males.

So in regards to the OPs question, nothing to do with 'Do women not know'.

It's to do with the specifics of "Can you be absolutely sure, she did not consent before penetration, did she specifically say no or made it specifically clear do not do this" etc etc.

Usually the defence is it was fully consensual and that she started it.

You do realise that only 1 in 100 rapes recorded by the Police resulted in a charge in 2021, let alone a conviction. For them to have enough evidence to charge, and with so many people coming forward, it's close to guaranteed he did something absolutely horrible, and likely multiple times.

To start victim-blaming against that backdrop is absurd.
Yes but in this case, we know that one of the girl totally made it up and it was proven. What is the repercussions for her?

Perverting...lol
That's the term.

Perverting the course of justice is a serious criminal offence in this country that can carry a sentence of up to life in prison. However life imprisonment is in most cases unlikely, though it is unusual for the court to impose a penalty other than a prison sentence.

That being said..

They're is no doubt his sex addiction and the manner he pursued woman, certainly opened the floodgates for this to happen.

I struggle really to have any sympathy for him.

Pep gave him an endorsement in court via video link... Citing him as a nice guy with a heart of gold.

Mendys mate who was also charged and cleared, lived on the same street as him..

Pep involved in these parties then.. ?

Is Pep a Sex pest too ?.

That being said..

They're is no doubt his sex addiction and the manner he pursued woman, certainly opened the floodgates for this to happen.

I struggle really to have any sympathy for him.

Pep gave him an endorsement in court via video link... Citing him as a nice guy with a heart of gold.

Mendys mate who was also charged and cleared, lived on the same street as him..

Pep involved in these parties then.. ?

Is Pep a Sex pest too ?.
With stray dogs.

The problem is that the action of some makes it harder for others to be heard. Its the same in this case.
Mendy has clearly done something horribly wrong and is a massive cunt. But it doesnt help the other women that one of them Googled his net worth before filing the complaint.

Its insane that so few get convicted, so many cases get dropped. Just think of all the ones that arent reported. Awful.

That's the term.

Perverting the course of justice is a serious criminal offence in this country that can carry a sentence of up to life in prison. However life imprisonment is in most cases unlikely, though it is unusual for the court to impose a penalty other than a prison sentence.
I know, I just wasn't ready for it [emoji6]

Yep the majority of convictions are stranger rapes. I.e. the ones snatched off the streets.

The majority of those which go to trial are known to the victim.. and very very few of those end in convictions, because of the element of doubt.

One of the victims googled Mendy.. and that's used in defence. Like what the actual fuck? So what? But it's used to sew an element of doubt in the jurys mind.. and its lead to at least one poster above doubting the women and that the woman was just after his money.

Yep the majority of convictions are stranger rapes. I.e. the ones snatched off the streets.

The majority of those which go to trial are known to the victim.. and very very few of those end in convictions, because of the element of doubt.

One of the victims googled Mendy.. and that's used in defence. Like what the actual fuck? So what? But it's used to sew an element of doubt in the jurys mind.. and its lead to at least one poster above doubting the women and that the woman was just after his money.

No, the result of the trial and other similar cases is making me doubt the whole thing. To be clear I'm talking about athlete's being accused of rape.
Also what's your solution? Trial with no evidence? We should just go by what the girl says?

About ten years ago my next door neighbour's daughter said she'd been raped, ruined some random dude's life, then admitted she'd made it all up and got a suspended sentence, after this dude had lost his wife, his mates and his business.

Now I'm certain that this is a minority of cases, and I'm certain that tons of actual rapes go unprosecuted, but I'm also certain that there's a link between the two scenarios. People remember the lies, and in most rape cases there is that subjectively, which leads to the element of doubt.

Mendy definitely raped some women, but has so far got away with it because some other women tried to leverage the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom