• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mbappe mmaybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bit with the plane is just boss. To this day I often look at planes up in the sky and try and do a Medusa Touch.....

...I've said too much.
Hahaha. I look at a plane in the sky and imagine someone else is going to bring it down....looks like I have found the villain I need to stop.

That's a good question. They can afford to have players like Mahrez, Sane and Gundogan on the bench.
They took Sterling from us.

Can we afford to buy Sane from them?

OK, we're a bigger team historically, we have more fans in England and the World but they can probably sign Mbappe if they want.
We can't.

So I guess they're bigger.

Man City are tiny compared to us, they just have more money. This has never been more clear.

Haven’t seen Medusa touch....

Nobody thinks we will sign Mbappe and we won’t, it is sad in a way but then....

What would he cost? 200M? Something crazy... and it’s not just the transfer fee is it, the wages would almost certainly be astronomical and then our other world class players would simply turn round and insist that they get mental pay rises...

Crazy oil money has fucked things up.

Although it would be very very nice to have Mbappe we could buy two or three brilliant players for 200M... nah...

Haven’t seen Medusa touch....

Nobody thinks we will sign Mbappe and we won’t, it is sad in a way but then....

What would he cost? 200M? Something crazy... and it’s not just the transfer fee is it, the wages would almost certainly be astronomical and then our other world class players would simply turn round and insist that they get mental pay rises...

Crazy oil money has fucked things up.

Although it would be very very nice to have Mbappe we could buy two or three brilliant players for 200M... nah...
But both United and Real Madrid could probably afford them ?

£200m is not a figure that would persuade PSG to let go of the hottest property in world football. I think a figure closer to £300m might though. Messi is worth £150m because of his age, the figure needed to persuade Barca to sell him is probably closer £200m.

Is there any chance PSG might be expecting some FFP heat and might want to balance the books by selling Mbappe? Is that crazy talk? I think we'd need to pay about 250 million. But if we sold Salah for 180 million then that's well affordable. I wonder does Salah like Paris?

Is there any chance PSG might be expecting some FFP heat and might want to balance the books by selling Mbappe? Is that crazy talk? I think we'd need to pay about 250 million. But if we sold Salah for 180 million then that's well affordable. I wonder does Salah like Paris?

Neymar would be the first to go.

There is the other side to all of this ... which is based on the report that the qatari owners are fed up with PSG. They have not improved on the CL front have they ?

Ronaldo was 33 when RM sold him for £105m, you honestly think clubs wouldn't offer £150m if Messi was available? Messi is 31

Yeah, it's weird valuing them because their worth as a brand vastly exceeds their worth to a club long term, and it's purely spending, as you'll never recover it.

But what clubs would do that? I'm not sure what team could afford him that would want him. He wouldn't go anywhere else in spain. What are you really left with?

It's also the case that everyone talks about how he's the only player dragging Barca into being a decent team. That's true to some extent, but it's also true that it's an aging team that plays solely to his strengths, and fails at times to absorb the cost that that imposes on the pitch. People looked at his performances against us and thought that he was somehow betrayed by the team, but the more I watch them, I think, they lost and won because of having a player like Messi. I can't see that role existing anywhere in our league for 90 minutes for any team with title aspirations.

Yeah, it's weird valuing them because their worth as a brand vastly exceeds their worth to a club long term, and it's purely spending, as you'll never recover it.

But what clubs would do that? I'm not sure what team could afford him that would want him. He wouldn't go anywhere else in spain. What are you really left with?

It's also the case that everyone talks about how he's the only player dragging Barca into being a decent team. That's true to some extent, but it's also true that it's an aging team that plays solely to his strengths, and fails at times to absorb the cost that that imposes on the pitch. People looked at his performances against us and thought that he was somehow betrayed by the team, but the more I watch them, I think, they lost and won because of having a player like Messi. I can't see that role existing anywhere in our league for 90 minutes for any team with title aspirations.

I totally agree with you, I actually think Barca will need to build a new identity for themselves the day Messi decides to retire.

Anyway, this entire thread is a massive tease for me, even in the transfer rumours thread I have @Mamma Mia saying we are not signing because Mbappe is on holiday -:). I love it though it is just pure fantasy for us to think we could even have a world super-star at such a young age. I always wanted to see the first Ronaldo of Brazil to grace Anfield, sadly we were never good enough when he was in his prime. The thought of Mbappe here - would be like having the young Ronaldo.

I think you underestimate Messi’s genius way too much. If Barca said Messi was available for 150m, clubs with title aspirations would be all over it. I think we would too.

I think you underestimate Messi’s genius way too much. If Barca said Messi was available for 150m, clubs with title aspirations would be all over it. I think we would too.

No fucking way. I think the whole world has been fucked up drooling over these two players for the past decade. I fucking hate both of them, Messi especially. I actually look at Messi and what I see is the product of a Barca experiment - almost like some fucking genetic mutation - I wonder sometimes when he was being treated by them, and going through the training as a child if he was exposed to watch video's of the great players, all the time having access to actual natural talent in the great Ronaldinho and others. Fucking sick if you ask me, and that Ronaldo, I know he has scored loads of goals in Spain and did so for Man United, but as a Liverpool fan while he was in this country playing for Man United - he had absolute stinkers against us. Never did I ever watch him and think - "Oh - I wish we had him in our team" - not once. I thought he was utter shit in last years final against us to.

Also while you and many others like sucking Messi Cock - I was not impressed with what he did in at Camp Nou - Ok - free kick - very good but we have seen them before, and was lucky to be in the position to score the 2nd. But the way the media and some on here were all like 'Messi this messi that Messi OH AH !!! ....etc etc" - drove me nuts that did. If he had taken the ball and dribbled past Fab, VVD, and Matip and scored a goal - I could understand but don't fucking praise him for scoring two goals against us. I mean Karel Poborsky did that against us for Man United. It's nothing fucking special.

Sorry guys - I will calm down and try and relax. Just want to add, that in the time those two have been dominating world football, I cannot remember as single goal that sticks to my mind that have been scored by either of them. There is no image in my head like the ones I have of Suarez at his best, or the original Ronaldo when he would run like a tiger at an entire defence and bang !!! - those were the days I would see footballers who picked up their natural skills from the streets and not some fucking training lab. Fuck that shit.

No fucking way. I think the whole world has been fucked up drooling over these two players for the past decade. I fucking hate both of them, Messi especially. I actually look at Messi and what I see is the product of a Barca experiment - almost like some fucking genetic mutation - I wonder sometimes when he was being treated by them, and going through the training as a child if he was exposed to watch video's of the great players, all the time having access to actual natural talent in the great Ronaldinho and others. Fucking sick if you ask me, and that Ronaldo, I know he has scored loads of goals in Spain and did so for Man United, but as a Liverpool fan while he was in this country playing for Man United - he had absolute stinkers against us. Never did I ever watch him and think - "Oh - I wish we had him in our team" - not once. I thought he was utter shit in last years final against us to.

Also while you and many others like sucking Messi Cock - I was not impressed with what he did in at Camp Nou - Ok - free kick - very good but we have seen them before, and was lucky to be in the position to score the 2nd. But the way the media and some on here were all like 'Messi this messi that Messi OH AH !!! ....etc etc" - drove me nuts that did. If he had taken the ball and dribbled past Fab, VVD, and Matip and scored a goal - I could understand but don't fucking praise him for scoring two goals against us. I mean Karel Poborsky did that against us for Man United. It's nothing fucking special.

Sorry guys - I will calm down and try and relax. Just want to add, that in the time those two have been dominating world football, I cannot remember as single goal that sticks to my mind that have been scored by either of them. There is no image in my head like the ones I have of Suarez at his best, or the original Ronaldo when he would run like a tiger at an entire defence and bang !!! - those were the days I would see footballers who picked up their natural skills from the streets and not some fucking training lab. Fuck that shit.

Ok, you've convinced me. I'm wrong.

Hated players doesn’t equate to their ability.

John Terry is a grade a prick but was one of the best CB to ever play in England.

Are you alright? Is everything ok at home?

I cannot remember as single goal that sticks to my mind that have been scored by either of them. There is no image in my head like the ones I have of Suarez at his best, or the original Ronaldo when he would run like a tiger at an entire defence and bang !!! - those were the days I would see footballers who picked up their natural skills from the streets and not some fucking training lab. Fuck that shit.

Umm just one of the greatest goals of all time

Last edited:
You rate Hazard but not Messi. Watch highlights of him of the season just gone

Guaranteed the new gen will know who Messi is in 50 years but will go "who the fuck is Hazard?" Hazard is a complete wank stain compared to Messi

Isn’t Messi taking in 500,000 E a week after tax? He is still a dream player to have, certainly one of the best players of all time and he still is, Farkmaster is correct though football is a team game and even having the best player in the world doesn’t ensure you always win, even now Barca would want a huge fee for him even if time is against him now.

It would be great fun having him and yes we would scrape back a portion of his astronomical wages from shirt sales but I think with excellent scouting we could strengthen our team more for the money he would cost us.

Having not read the entire thread... why the fuck are we talking bout Messi??? Have we been linked???

Hahahaha... no fucking chance

That's a good question. They can afford to have players like Mahrez, Sane and Gundogan on the bench.
They took Sterling from us.

Can we afford to buy Sane from them?

OK, we're a bigger team historically, we have more fans in England and the World but they can probably sign Mbappe if they want.
We can't.

So I guess they're bigger.

Nobody is bigger than them financially but in terms of the actual size history and prestige... they are fucking way smaller than us for God’s sake.

I’m 9000 miles away from home here so a large amount of the footy I see is on FanTv YouTube clips or with Vietnamese commentary ( fuck u Martin Tyler) but have you seen the fan clips across the world celebrating our winning big ears? HUGE groups of fans watching in beer gardens in Thailand.... big pubs full of reds in Boston.... Australian Liverpool podcasts....

Do city have that?

Do they fuck.

No, and it's about as likely as signing Mbappe, unfortunately.

I went back in to look for links just in case... I found Modo and DB...

Once I was rushing to get out the house one morning, taring around the house gathering stuff full on blinding rush, dashed down the stairs and stood in some cat vomit, the semi liquified Meow Mix squeezed right through my toes like a disgusting vertical Mr.Whippy ice cream.

Hey, money talks and winning shit consistently does as well. I really hope this CL title turns the tide, but like I said City is in a position where they can sign top class key players from other top teams.
We're not there yet and in that aspect having fans in a bar in Kathmandu means fuck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom