• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
[article]Liverpool have reportedly struck up a verbal agreement with Real Madrid to sign squad player Mateo Kovacic before the transfer window closes.

The Croatian star has failed to break into the starting XI at the Bernabeu since his switch from Inter Milan in 2015 and is arguably going to struggle to do so if he stays put.

Madrid boast a trio of world class midfielders in Casemiro, Toni Kroos and Luka Modric, and have terrific strength in depth - Isco, Marco Asensio and new signing Dani Ceballos make for highly able deputies.

Kovacic started less than half Los Blancos' La Liga matches last season, and as reported by Diario Gol, has verbally agreed to join Liverpool in the hope of securing regular first team football for himself[/article]

Dunno if the place where the link is from is legit, but he's at talented kid ... would be a good CM option to have in light of Can's contract issue and our midfield options.

This should probably be in the ludicrous rumours, but, yeah, I'm not sure on this kid, I watched him a handful of times last season and was never impressed. Although he did feature a lot for them to be fair, so they can't be that keen to fuck him off.

Yeah, he's boss. If we have any chance of signing him, we should be all over that.

Other articles are saying we had a verbal agreement on the condition that Coutinho left. With him now staying i doubt he will now come. He had good potential. It was because of Kovacic that Inter didn't care about letting go of Coutinho. But he going to Madrid was a stupid move. It was blatantly obvious he was just going to be on the bench.

The echo ruled this out this morning, the link is nothing more than gossip.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This should probably be in the ludicrous rumours, but, yeah, I'm not sure on this kid, I watched him a handful of times last season and was never impressed. Although he did feature a lot for them to be fair, so they can't be that keen to fuck him off.

We were linked with him when he was at Inter, so I did try and watch him play a few times. He seems sort of similar to Modric. He gets around the pitch, passes neatly, and has good technique. But I'd be concerned about his level of consistency - he's very hot and cold.

He's not exactly a midfield powerhouse (he's small and slight) and he doesn't score many goals either.

Is there any -ic that made it with us? Jovanovic, Markovic, Grujic... Maybe not the best of samples, but does he fall into this category?

Other articles are saying we had a verbal agreement on the condition that Coutinho left. With him now staying i doubt he will now come. He had good potential. It was because of Kovacic that Inter didn't care about letting go of Coutinho. But he going to Madrid was a stupid move. It was blatantly obvious he was just going to be on the bench.

This, I don't understand.

If I were Real Madrid, I'd agree to sell him in the express condition that we F*** over Barcelona, and keep Coutinho!

This, I don't understand.

If I were Real Madrid, I'd agree to sell him in the express condition that we F*** over Barcelona, and keep Coutinho!

Haha.

IF there were such an "agreement" it will have been (a) totally unofficial and (b) agreed with the player rather than the club, but I can't see Kovacic and his agent going for it, unofficial or not.

Is there any -ic that made it with us? Jovanovic, Markovic, Grujic... Maybe not the best of samples, but does he fall into this category?
Dick Forshaw

[xtable=skin1|cellspacing:0]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Birthdate: 20 August 1895
Birthplace: Preston, England
Date of death: 1963
Other clubs: Gateshead St. Vincent; Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough (wartime guest), Everton (1927-29), Wolverhampton Wanderers (1929-30), Hednesford Town (1930), Rhyl Athletic (1930), Waterford (1930-31)
Signed for LFC: Free Transfer, 31.07.1919{/td}
{td}Liverpool debut: 08.09.1919
Last appearance: 23.02.1927
Debut goal: 20.09.1919
Last goal: 15.01.1927
Contract expiry: 03.03.1927
Win ratio: 46.53% W:134 D:76 L:78
Games/goals ratio: 2.34
Honours: League Championship 1921/22, 1922/23
Total games/goals opposite LFC: 2 / 0
Wartime games/goals: 2 / 0
LFC league games/goals: 266 / 116
Total LFC games/goals: 288 / 123{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Dick Forshaw

[xtable=skin1|cellspacing:0]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Birthdate: 20 August 1895
Birthplace: Preston, England
Date of death: 1963
Other clubs: Gateshead St. Vincent; Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough (wartime guest), Everton (1927-29), Wolverhampton Wanderers (1929-30), Hednesford Town (1930), Rhyl Athletic (1930), Waterford (1930-31)
Signed for LFC: Free Transfer, 31.07.1919{/td}
{td}Liverpool debut: 08.09.1919
Last appearance: 23.02.1927
Debut goal: 20.09.1919
Last goal: 15.01.1927
Contract expiry: 03.03.1927
Win ratio: 46.53% W:134 D:76 L:78
Games/goals ratio: 2.34
Honours: League Championship 1921/22, 1922/23
Total games/goals opposite LFC: 2 / 0
Wartime games/goals: 2 / 0
LFC league games/goals: 266 / 116
Total LFC games/goals: 288 / 123{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

But he was a dick...

Dario Gol continue to say that this is going to happen:

[article][bcolor=initial]Liverpool have made a verbal agreement to sign Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Mateo Kovacic, according to Spanish news outlet [/bcolor][bcolor=initial]Diario Gol[/bcolor][bcolor=initial].[/bcolor]

Kovacic has struggled for game time since he made the move to Spain from Inter Milan in 2015. The 23-year-old has found himself at the back of the pecking order behind Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, Isco, and Casemiro at Madrid.

Looking for more first team football, reports suggest that Kovacic has made a verbal agreement to sign for Liverpool next summer.

Last season, Kovacic managed only 19 La Liga starts for Real Madrid. This term, he has made just three league appearances for Los Blancos. A versatile midfielder, Kovacic is capable of playing a forward role or as a deep lying playmaker. [/article]

One of our problems in midfield - in fact probably the main one - is that we're too lightweight and don't provide enough protection for the back four when the other side has the ball. Will this guy help to put that right?

One of our problems in midfield - in fact probably the main one - is that we're too lightweight and don't provide enough protection for the back four when the other side has the ball. Will this guy help to put that right?
Nope not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom